Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Glad you are done with work bobster. I think I'm going to try to get my doctor to put me on disability or something a couple of weeks before my due date so I get some time to myself yet don't have to take it out of my 12 weeks mat leave. What do you have left to do to prepare? Do you feel he will come early for any reason?

Yay for nursery furniture Jane! I bet it will be surreal to have a nursery set up in your house. Exciting!

Good idea trying to get some time to yourself before Norah is born mlm. I think its good to have a bit of a break and rest.

I still have to get dan to put the bunting up. We need to go to ikea to get some storage baskets for the shelves to hide away nappies etc and I need to get the moses basket from my friend too. Then I'm just about done! Not sure if he'll come early.... I hope he's on time.

Sounds like its all under control bobster :thumbup: do you feel his head getting lower? When do you see your midwife next? are there any new sensations at this point? I'm so excited that the birth is around the corner for you :flower:

Furniture is great, the nursery is still a work in progress so won't post any pics until its finished in a few weeks. I ordered the wrong amount of drawers/shelves etc that go in the storage thing so will have to go back to Ikea to sort it out- feels like its starting to take shape though. Still waiting on my cousin to deliver the cot so currently it just looks like a messy room rather than a baby's room but we have time (hopefully) to piece it all together.

When does your furniture arrive Mlm, I know you said it was a 12 week wait for it?

My furniture will be here in a few weeks. It actually got in early, but I will push back the delivery so we have time to paint the room first. Since we're not in a rush, I figured I would be ok waiting a little longer. It's exciting though, my in laws are visiting this weekend and we have changed all the wood trim in the nursery to white and my MIL has primed the walls already so my nursery is already in the works! I register for gifts next weekend since my mom is sending out baby shower invites in a couple of weeks. Seems like time is going by so quickly!

Oh yeah, here is my bump!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
omg that is how I look after I eat a cheeseburger. lol. cute little bump, and yay for everyone getting their furniture and rooms together. it's so exciting. I can't wait to meet your LOs.

omg that is how I look after I eat a cheeseburger. lol. cute little bump, and yay for everyone getting their furniture and rooms together. it's so exciting. I can't wait to meet your LOs.

Haha mackjess, me too! Your bump is very cute and neat Mlm. I'll post a new bump pic later in the week.

Today we're trying to choose curtains for the nursery, DH says my choice is too girly :wacko:

Haha, it does look small in that pic. My doc says since I'm pretty tall there is a lot of room for her to stretch out with out my belly sticking out a lot.

Good luck with your curtains- sometimes I hate when dh has opinions on baby stuff : )

Jane can't wait to see the pics of your nursery in a few weeks. I hated it when the room was just messy and full of stuff but its so exciting when everything starts to go away and becomes more organised. We need to get some boxes for the shelving unit too. We plan to go Tuesday so not long and then i'll take some pics.

Definitely starting to feel some changes. Head feels really low and bump has dropped. Feel shooty pains in my vagina when I'm walking at times and generally bump just feels very heavy and pressured. All good signs I hope.

MLM your bump is so cute! I too look bigger than that after a burger! Envious of your lovely figure :)

First day of maternity leave woop woop woop! Feel like I'm skiving as I always work mondays! So weird!

Brilliant Bobster! 16 days to go. Are you nesting like crazy? Can't say that feeling ever manifested for me!
Sweet potato, now we're talking. Still not feeling that much but did feel a few little prods last night.
Off to Leeds tomorrow as DH presenting at a conference. Need to do some research about what me and Dexter can get up to while he's there.

Hmm Leeds is not great I must say. Go to York its only 20 mins on the train from Leeds and is much nicer. There are plenty of shops around though. Leeds is so big and spread out. Can't really suggest anything in particular to do. There must be some museums around though if you Google it.

Congrats on sweet potato and on little prods!

So what did you get up to on your first day of mat leave bobster?

Yey for your sweet potato Mrs Phez.

I went to get measured for nursing bras and got told off for wearing wired bras through pregnancy by a sales assistant in m&s called geraldine! Apparetly word bras can damage your milk ducts!

Then I looked around for some fabric to make some cushions but couldn't see any I liked so will have a look further afield when I have the car next. I must say it was lovely but very strange not going into work and knowing I have 9 months off!

It's IKEa tomorrow to get some bits for nursery. What's everyone else been up to?

Sounds like a productive day bobster. If I didn't wear wired bras my boobs would be on the floor! These bad boys need some proper scaffolding lol! Did you get nice nursing bras or plain and simple to do the Job?

Sounds like your very handy with the sewing machine. We've got ikea planned for Saturday.

No news here, just working and DH started painting the nursery in the evening.
Got my 32 week midwife appointment today and my women's only antenatal session tomorrow during the day.

Oh that sounds good. Let us know what the womens only class is like. I think I would prefer a few womens only sessions as thats when you can really mingle with other women properly.

My boobs would be on the floor too Jane. I did buy a non wired bra to keep me going just for the next 2 weeks as she was shocked I was wearing a 32 ff and measured me at a 36 g! I must say it is much more comfortable. Poor OH though as it does look rather grandma'y!

The nursing bras I got are not too hideous - a pack of 2 for £28 which is quite good. But for some reason she measured me for those in 34g. I don't understand how she could tell what I would be after the birth but nevermind- Geraldine knows best and I didn't dare argue with the woman lol!

Sounds like everything is starting to come together in your nursery. Can't wait to see pics when its done. What colour is he painting it?

I should probably start thinking about classes too. I bet the women's only one will be very interesting. Let us know how it goes!

Well we didn't get the shelving baskets we wanted for storage. They had the ones I wanted but they were too dear so we went for some very cheapie ones that do the same job. Its no fun going baby shopping with OH as he restricts me so much. Saw some lovely fabric letters to hang on the wall in the nursery but he is always so dismissive of things like that. Went home with 5 boring boxes only and a few scented candles. Next time i'm going to go on my own! Grrr men.

Some pictures of progress so far in nursery and todays bump (37+6)

Attachments

• IMAG1199.jpg
    IMAG1199.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG1201.jpg
    IMAG1201.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG1191.jpg
    IMAG1191.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG1196.jpg
    IMAG1196.jpg