Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

I can't wait to meet the girlies on the thread. You must be excited Phez. Does it feel more like it's all new cause you are expecting a girl this time?

Jane, I have thought of you a lot. Are you able to stay at the hospital with Greg? He smells, hears, and sees you when you're close so he knows his momma is there. I bet you are itching to get him home though. Hope the food there is decent!

I'm afraid to say how Finn is doing at night. At 3 weeks he started only getting up once during the night (3am), and at 5 weeks he started skipping that and sleeping thru the night. He DOES NOT like to nap during the day, and it can be a struggle to get him to catnap. He needs them or he gets fussy. At night tho, we put him in his swaddle blanket, turn on his mobile, plop him in his crib, and he plays a bit, kicks his legs and coos at the mobile and is out in about 5-10 minutes. We don't have much of a routine really.

Wow Mack I'm so envious. I hope jack is as good but I know how unlikely that is!

I can't wait to meet the girlies on the thread. You must be excited Phez. Does it feel more like it's all new cause you are expecting a girl this time?

Jane, I have thought of you a lot. Are you able to stay at the hospital with Greg? He smells, hears, and sees you when you're close so he knows his momma is there. I bet you are itching to get him home though. Hope the food there is decent!

I'm afraid to say how Finn is doing at night. At 3 weeks he started only getting up once during the night (3am), and at 5 weeks he started skipping that and sleeping thru the night. He DOES NOT like to nap during the day, and it can be a struggle to get him to catnap. He needs them or he gets fussy. At night tho, we put him in his swaddle blanket, turn on his mobile, plop him in his crib, and he plays a bit, kicks his legs and coos at the mobile and is out in about 5-10 minutes. We don't have much of a routine really.

Yes it certainly seems like a new adventure having a girl!
Dexter didn't start routinely napping till at least 3 months old I think, maybe even 6. Then, boy, did he nap! Twice a day for a couple of hours each time. It was glorious. Made the mistake of always putting him in his bouncer where he would catnap when he was a little baby so had to wean him off that but it was OK after a day or two. I know some kids still at nursery who needed their backs stroking to get to sleep. As soon as I realised he was hooked on the bouncer, it was tough Mum time! So so easy to get into habits you don't realise. All kids are different though aren't they? My niece is 1, doesn't nap much during day and certainly doesn't go in the cot but sleeps well at night and is the happiest little thing! Sorry for long one....

Oh I hope Norah is a good sleeper. I love my sleep so so much and selfishly that is the one thing I'm not looking forward to giving up! I will definitely be looking to you ladies for tips in that area when the time comes!

Random thought: I am having major name doubts. Maybe she won't be Norah after all.

I like Norah, it's classy!
Moved on from Cecily to Harriet, Martha, Lois, Joely, Violet, Robyn, back to Seren. Gonna be a long time before we decide!
But we have time!

Love violet! Dh does not though. I find girl names are hard, there are so many choices.

Girls are harder as there's so many nice names. Our top girls name was scarlett in the end. But loved Sophie and lily too. Hmm I like norah too. I think seren and cecily are my faves from your choices phez.

Hmmm I hope I have a girl next but I'm sure jack would be happier with a brother to play with. I would like a girl because both me and oh are older boy younger girl siblings so it would be nice to have that for our family. Will prob end up having 3 boys though!

Jane how are you getting on?

The thread has gone quiet! How is everyone? Jack's being good. Feeding well. He's 7.5 lb now. I love him more and more each day!

Busy weekend with the baby. Wedding saturday, then church and to a friend's to watch football yesterday. He is TEETHING early, but still was a good baby. He's nursing more frequently and definitely drooling more, but luckily he hasn't been too fussy.

I love all the girl names. I do like Norah, but I can understand the doubt. I wasn't 100% on Finn's name until day 2 and we did the birth cert then. Joely is also super cute.

ladies, I wish I could ttc again! am I crazy? with finances and my work leave I can't start ttc again until April. need to wait till 2015 to deliver. I hope I make it that long!

April's not too long away Mackjess. I am jealous. We decided we'd wait until Jack is 2 but I'm already getting broody for some ttc madness again (or know I will be in a few months).

When do you plan to stop breast feeding? It will be weird for me seeing the signs of ovulation again but not ttc. It will feel alien lol! Are you all planning no. 2 pretty soon? Phez do you think there will be a no. 3?

Mackjess when did Finn first give you a smile and properly look at you? I can't wait until he's a bit more responsive. All he does it sleep, trump, poo and eat at the moment! I hope he's not getting bored but I guess he's only 2 weeks old.

I want to say it was at 3 weeks. At his 4 week appt he was smiling, cooing, holding his head up and following toys all the way around and doing all his 2 month stuff. Now he's leveled out and will probably be doing his 4 month stuff on time. He's getting really close to rolling over, which is the last 4 moth goal I'm trying to hit. Like you, I worried about him not being interested or me over stimulating him at 2 weeks. Then it seemed like during 3 weeks he did something new every day. It was incredible.

I hope Jack follows Finn and starts responding to me soon. His eyes are still trying to focus on things and he has a cold so I think thats made him even more lethargic. I wish he could sleep as long as he does during the day at night!

Love reading about your boys and how they are developing! Hope to hear updates on Greg soon too.

OH, sorry I skipped over the BF question. I think with supply and everything, I'm going to make it until 6 months. I'd love to have him nurse once or twice a day until he's a year old but we'll see how the supply goes. I'm going to have to really start exercising and eating better after 6 months gets here (january) if I want to start TTC in April so I'm not sure my supply will hold up. All along I'd hoped to make it til 6 months so I'll be thrilled with that. Heck, I'd be thrilled with 4 months!

And remember my first few weeks? You ladies thought I'd moved on to another board and dropped off the face of the earth? :haha: I WAS TOO TIRED TO TYPE. So you must be doing great to keep up with us Bobster.

MLM, I can't wait to meet your princess.

I am pretty sure I can speak for DH as well when I say there will be no number 3 Bobster, especially as we have the set. No seriously, even if we had had another boy I think my ttc days are over. And this makes me very happy! Plus I'm 37 so risks of more mc and other nasties puts me off. If I was younger, maybe....
Bobster, I know I wished time away when Dexter was really small and then couldnt remember it, me and DH struggle to now. He'll be yelling "Mum I've done a poooooo" before you know it! He's just settling into life outside the womb, won't be long.....
And we're now both tentatively agreed on Joely at the moment. Not in top 100 uk names which is good but not too wacky. Thanks for your feedback ladies!

Hey ladies,

I've just been catching up on the posts.
Mackjess and bobster, so funny that you're talking of trying again because I was saying to DH today that there's no way I could go through all this again! Maybe once Greg is home and we are living a 'normal' life I will start to feel different.

Ah, girls names are so hard- there is so much more choice I think. I love our name for Greg, it just really suits him and I couldn't imagine him being called anything else. Norah and Seren are def my favourites of your suggestions Mlm and Mrs Phez.

Bobster, did you choose a middle name for jack? How are you getting on now OH is back to work? How are you getting on with your buggy, happy with your choice?

Greg is doing really well thanks ladies, he is out of the incubator and in a heated cot, he's still being tube fed and I've been loaned a hospital grade double pump and have been able to get a good few mL's of colostrum out so have been encouraged by that. We tried him on the breast and he made a few attempts but he just doesn't have the strength and tires easily. He has a brain scan tomorrow (standard test in prem babies) so fingers crossed that is all ok.
Can't believe he was 5 days old today- gone so quickly. Once he has his tubes out and is home I will post a pic. He has a head of lovely dark hair and lightly tanned skin- not sure what colour his eyes will be yet. He weighs 4lbs 10 oz.

Thanks for updating jane! Yay for your pumping success, that is very promising. Sounds like your little man is making some good progress, woo! I'm sure you can't wait to get to "normal" life, I can only imagine.

So crazy you ladies are thinking of ttc, time has absolutely flown by lately I can't even believe it. Dh and I have thought about it though and think after the new year in 2015 we will go for #2 (assuming everything goes well with this little one). So Mack could already have 2 babies by then : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->