Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Mlm fabulous bump. It's so neat! I used a fresh going hone outfit but while I was in hospital just used nightie to labour in and pj's for after and a dressinh gown. I was in for 2 days so needed 2 pairs of pj's/nighties for after as you will bleed a lot afterwards so cab easily get them messy. So all in all I would try take at least 3 sets of nighyware. No one was in hosp gowns when I was thre but I'm sure they would provide them. Remember lots of pads too and a squeezy bottle for squirting water on your bits while u wee as it may sting. Not long now! Can't wait to see a pic of your little one.

Jane that's great that he's sleeping upstairs now. What a relief for you. I wouldn't worry abouy baths, he's still so little. It might just take time for him to get used to them. I want to try get jack to.fall asleep on his own next as he generally has to be cuddled or fed to sleep. The routine seems to be helping.but he's no where near sleeping through. I read it takes 7-10 days of consistent routine for babies to start to learn. I'm so jealous of mums who's babies sleep through really early. It seens everywhere I go there is a smug mum or dad who days their baby slept hours on end from being a few weeks old. He weighs 11 lb 6oz and is 11 weeks and 2 days old.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoy your time with family and have a lovely time :)

Happy Christmas ladies :xmas9:

Mlm, I never officially had a bag packed, just what I grabbed while waiting for the ambulance so it wasn't much but had the essentials and I used it all during my 24 hour stay- Like bobster I used a clean nightshirt after giving birth (I laboured and delivered in a hospital gown) and I went home in the same day clothes I arrived to hospital in- obviously clean underwear. I also used my dressing gown and slippers and miniature cosmetics I used for the shower. Oh I definitely needed my phone charger.
I had a box of cereal bars that were all eaten and sanitary towels which I found better than the pads the hospital provided.
In hindsight I would of liked fresh clothes to go home in but they weren't dirty really and my mind was elsewhere so probably didn't care at that point.

Mlm, you look so good. I found the bump to shrink quickly over the days after delivery. It's so close for you now, so exciting. What a cracking way to start 2014.

I know bobster, this postnatal group I went for the last 4 weeks that the health visitor runs it was full of these ladies saying how they are sleeping through. These women totally annoyed me, they all seemed so together and relaxed and I felt I couldn't be open and share my concerns or what I'm finding hard. I felt like their eyes popped out their head when i pulled a bottle out my bag to give to greg, they were all sitting there smuggly BF. So hard not to compare yourselves to others

Have a wonderful day with family and your babies/bumps.x

Thanks for the tips ladies! Very helpful. I will have to throw some granola bars in my bag, almost forgot about that.

I think a lot of women can be competitive with each other instead of supporting each other. So what if Greg needs a bottle? You're doing a great job Jane. All of you are. I hope I pick things up as quickly as you ladies seem to have done.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the time with your kiddos!

Hope you all had a fab Christmas. Did you all get some nice gifts?

Jane some people just love to stick their beaks in where they're not welcome don't they. It makes me want to avoid mum and baby groups as I hate the way some people judge others.

Going to try and attach some updated pics of Jack but I'm on my kindle so not sure if it will work... the dressed up one is us going to a fancy dress. We don't dress as bat people in everyday life lol :)

Attachments

• DSCN0876.jpg
    DSCN0876.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1064.jpg
    DSCN1064.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1054.jpg
    DSCN1054.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
Eeek mlm it's so close for you! Only 36 days to go! Wow can't wait to hear your news.

Phew and Mack how are you both? Mack when will you be ttc no.2? Has af returned for you yet? How long will you bf for? I'm thinking of stopping soon. I have been supplementing with a lot more formula recently and this think my milk production has slowed up as a result.

I agree with Mlm, you can see you in him. He has beautiful eye and hair colouring. Love his batman outfit.

Was the kindle a Christmas pressie?

DH put a packet of condoms in my stocking :winkwink:

So looking forward to seeing pics of Norah when she arrives Mlm.

We went to the well baby clinic yesterday and had Greg weighed, his rate of weight gain has slowed down which is great and health visitor reckons we are back on track and put his mammoth jumping up the charts down to a growth spurt- has been stressful!

Many times I wish I was BF bobster, just seems like it would be more convenient than making up bottles and not worrying about sterilising and that the made up bottle will expire after 2 hours. What are you main reasons for wanting to give up?

I'm loving the baby pictures. Wow, look how much Greg has grown! And that hair! I want my baby here now I feel so impatient.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I still have annoying family in town, sticking their beaks everywhere! Everyone goes home Monday!! Love the new pics and the chubby cheeks I'm seeing. Some happy healthy babes there!

Awww Jane he's gorgeous! He has loads more hair than Jack. Has he lost any hair yet? Jacks got a little bald spot at the back of his head. Wonder when his proper hair will grow. Glad Greg's weight is back on track now it must be a relief. How's the routine going?

The main reason I want to stop bfn is because I don't know how much he's getting and he seems to need feeding much more frequently. I also find it awkward and uncomfortable if we're out and about... I want my body back a bit too I guess. Bit selfish I know. I do like the fact that it nearly always consoles him when he's upset though and will miss the bonding time.

Yes kindle an Xmas present as laptop packed up.

Mack poor you. I find 1 day of family time enough at Christmas as they all start to annoy me for any longer.

This new year will be so different. We usually go out drinking but this year plan to get a dine in for £10 meal and have a glass of bubbly just me, J and OH. I can't wait! What's everyone else's plans?

His hair is just starting to go a bit thinner on the back of his head so think he will lose it there soon.

Routine is going ok thanks, we have been doing it 7 nights and so far so good- still got him sleeping upstairs at nightime and keeping the consistency. He's not started to sleep any longer to be honest but hopefully that will come in time. He is awake more during the day so hope we will switch to some longer nights soon. His corrected gestational age is only 4 weeks- bless him.

Does jack make noises when he is sleeping? Greg often grunts and make like farm yard noises when he's sleeping and I don't know if that's normal?

We are doing the same bobster, just the 3 of us for new years eve.

We are going to the cinema tomorrow, to a parent and baby screening of the Walter Mitty film. Every Monday they do a parent and baby screening of new films up to 12 cert, so hoping we can make it a regular thing- I love going to the cinema.

Oh fab! we have the same thing at cinema here in York but its on wednesdays. Its such a good idea. I love it too and you dont have to worry about baby disrupting film as there are so many noisy babes there. It surreal really.

I guess you have to keep reminding yourself of his gestational age. He's done amazingly well so far. So have you too, I can't even imagine how hard it would be. I've found it so hard and I was full term!

Finished the nursery yesterday!

Happy new year ladies!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 6
Ugh, stupid phone made me upload them in separate posts. Sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
Looks lovely Mlm and I spotted your doggy in the pics. Also like your wall art. Does one say Norah?

Thanks! Yes, the bottom left one says Norah. We decided we love the name and are sticking with it : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->