Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Wishing you well mlm, update when you can.

You better get used to that newborn sleep deprevation Mrs phez!

Wow bobster, jack is 4 months old today. Where has the time gone!

Thank you all for the well wishes. Leaving for the hospital now, so nervous!!!!

You'll do great. You're in safe hands mlm. How exciting!

Jane he's 18 weeks on Sunday! Think my tickets wrong. What was gregs bday again?

Jack had a spurt of sleeping 11 hours for a while. Thought we'd cracked it but he's been waking after 7.5 again recently. Still a good stint but he goes to bed at 8 so by the time we get to sleep at around half 10 we'd only having 4 hours. How's gregs sleeping Jane?

Gregs birthday is 16th October. On Wednesday he was 16 weeks.

His sleeping seems to have improved, not in jacks league yet but for us its a step in the right direction. 5/6 hours sleep after going down at 8 or 9pm then bottle and further 4 hours sleep. We get up at 7 or 7.30 am for his wash, change of clothes and bottle then he naps downstairs for a further 3 hours. So I get a chance to jump in the shower and wash his bottles up.
This routine is working for us so far.

If jacks birthday is 6th October then he was 4 calender months old on 6th Feb? Maybe I'm counting it different from you?

Thank you all for the well wishes. Leaving for the hospital now, so nervous!!!!

Go mlm! Will be thinking about you and wishing you a speedy delivery and a perfect little girl! Do let us know how it's going when you can...

Yes I guess he is 4 months! I'm being blonde and stupid. I've been thinking of his age in weeks and then saying he's 4 and a half months because he's nearly 18 weeks but I think calender months is a more logical way to work out his age lol OH dear...

Can't believe Greg was born 10 days after Jack. He's doing so well. HAve you met any other mums with premature babies? Jack started doing the same routine as Greg and then surprised us by missing the night feed and going 12 hours one night so he sounds on the right track Jane. I'm wondering if jacks teething pain is waking him recently. Or maybe a growth spurt as he's guzzling loads more milk recently. He's 14lab's now.

Mlm thinking of you. Hope you are ok and not too uncomfortable. Wondering whether you go for the epidural...

I'm so excited for mlm. I wonder how she's getting on... we're nearly the end of our journey together ladies. Phez's turn next and then we're there!

Unbelievable isn't it? Not that long ago we were all post miscarriage and wondering if and when our cycles would return, now we're almost all with littluns!

She's here!!! Norah Laine was born 2/7/14 at 8:51am. The induction went so fast and I did get an epidural - it was extremely necessary and made my birth experience a million times better. Norah is 7lbs, 19 inches long, completely perfect : ) I had issues with tearing and then got a hematoma which sent me to get a surgical procedure last night, but am hoping I start feeling better today. I'll try and post a picture of Norah for you!

She's here!!! Norah Laine was born 2/7/14 at 8:51am. The induction went so fast and I did get an epidural - it was extremely necessary and made my birth experience a million times better. Norah is 7lbs, 19 inches long, completely perfect : ) I had issues with tearing and then got a hematoma which sent me to get a surgical procedure last night, but am hoping I start feeling better today. I'll try and post a picture of Norah for you!

Oh massive congratulations mlm! Absolutely delighted for you hun! I think inductions generally require epidural as the full force of contractions is felt immediately, glad it was an OK experience for you. Hope you're up and about and back home with little Norah soon. :happydance:

She is so beautiful mlm! Perfect little nugget. Massive well done to you. Welcome to motherhood! Hope you recover quickly. Thanks for update I've been checking all day! :) x

Beautiful mlm.
Congratulations to you and hubby and well done.x

Awe she is.perfect! Welcome to.mommyhood. I hope you heal up fast!

Phez a winter melon for you today. What is that when it's at home? Looks like a cucumber.

Mlm how are you getting on?

Jane, I'm going to a weaning talk this Wednesday. Took your advice and went to children's centre. Also went to an under 1's drop in which was good fun. Met some nice mums and gorgeous cutie babies. How are you and Greg? How much does he weigh now? Has he laughed yet? Still waiting for a proper laugh from Jack.

Mack hope you and Finn are well.

20 days for you mrs phez....did you go to your brothers wedding in the end? Pleased with your new bathroom? What buggy did you choose in the end?

Are you home Mlm? How is the feeding and sleeping? DH is in Chicago right now, he was saying how cold it is.

Hope the talk is useful bobster, I haven't gone to one yet, DH is away a lot this month and want him to go as well. The children's centre do have some good things on for free or low cost, we've got our baby first aid there next weekend and starting baby massage next week. Pleased you met some nice mums, I haven't plucked up the courage to go to the under 1s drop in on my own yet.

Greg is good, he's had a growth spurt and looks like a proper little boy rather than a baby now, he's 12 and a half pounds. No laughing/giggling. Still lots of smiles and he's very chatty. Is jack trying to sit up by himself or rollover?- no sign of these things in Greg.
He's a bit of a dribble monster with the teething and sleeps more soundly once I use the bonjela to numb it.

How is jacks sleeping? Is he back to his 11/12 hours?

How is your weight loss going mackjess, not too many months until you start trying again, so exciting. I like the idea of getting pregnant again but not ready to care for a newborn yet :dohh:

We got to come home yesterday evening, Norah is doing well and so am I. It's interesting to experience some of the things I've been reading from you ladies. BF is going ok I think. My milk came in yesterday and WOW, giant, hard swollen boobs! Pretty uncomfortable actually, and Norah is only wanting to nurse for 10 min at a time today which doesn't help. She seemed content all day and was getting poopy diapers, but I'm nervous her feedings are too short. I guess I will see how today goes. I think I may have to try her sleeping in her nursery tonight. I can't seem to settle her in her bassinet in our room very well, partially because I can't sleep at all listening for her every sound. I think it will be trial and error figuring out what works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->