Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Wow a month already Mlm...Bet you missed Norah while you were away from her but it's good to have a bit of time to yourself.

Mackjess, does Finn have any teeth? Can't remember if you've said. Any sign of jacks coming through bobster? Greg has been dribbling with red cheeks and sucking on fists for a couple months now with no teeth to show for it. There seems to be a huge variation in times of when they come through according to all the people I've asked :shrug:

Over 41 weeks now I see Phez.... Thinking of you and hoping you aren't too terribly uncomfortable.

I went to that breast feeding moms group at the hospital today with Norah and now I'm worried!! I mentioned that Norah spits up a lot and sometimes projectile vomits, and the nurse started checking her out and saying she seems like her head is large, feeling her soft spots, etc so now after googling I'm super worried. Going to the pediatrician today and will ask a bunch of questions now : (

No offence to that nurse but she shouldn't be saying stuff like that to worry you, what is she trying to suggest?

A lot of spit up and projectile vomiting is more likely down to being overfed or a touch of reflux.

Jane ditto. Jack has all the same teething symptoms as Greg but no teeth yet. I want them to hurry up to get the whole thing over with as sometimes he looks really uncomfortable.

Mlm I agree with Jane it's much more likely to be something like reflux. All babies are sick and occasionally vomit. That's what babies do. And I'm sure her head size is normal. I worried too as jacks head circumference jumped up quite a few entitles in a short space of time but he's fine and it's levelled out now. I would really try to stay off google as it can make you worry unnecessarily. I know it's hard though as I Google everything lol.

Still no af for me. If I were ttc and not completely careful with condoms I would think I were pregnant. I have awful nausea. Don't know if I have a bug or what but I feel so terribly queasy all the time. I think it's my hormones being imbalanced that's causing it. Does anyone else have shedding hair? Mine is thinning but I read it's just more hairs in the resting state and it's nothing to worry about. Skin is majority improved bow which is good though.

Come on mini phez!

Mlm I'm so sorry. Try not to worry too much. I swear Finn continuously spit up half of what he ate until we got him on solid foods. We had him checked out several times. The ped labeled him a happy spitter upper and said he was fine. I'm sure you're dear will be too.

Thanks ladies. Still not a glimmer of light on the baby front. I'm just staying off FB and away from playgroups/nursery as everyone just seems so disappointed. I know everyone's trying to be kind but it's just annoying now! It's like Groundhog Day, having the same conversation over and over. I've had the in laws here who have been great with Dexter and window cleaning. DH started pat leave and been cooking so I have been very well looked after and had 2 hr nap today which was lovely. Mw tomorrow, can't wait. Sweep and see if theres been any progress down there! She's still so active. Really hard to believe I will actually ever give birth. As the clock ticks, the more nervous I get and am thinking about an epi again. Thanks for your thoughts x

Thanks ladies. Norah's 1 month appointment went just fine- doctor said she is fine and not to worry about her spitting up/large head (it is not off the charts big btw). I may not be going back to that "support" group now!

It's sucks being overdue and having everyone you know checking to see if you've had the baby yet, I feel your pain Phez!

Glad you are reassured mlm. I think its sometimes the way people say things that can worry us. I think babies grow into their heads as they get older. Most have big heads for their little bodies lol.

Phez glad hubby is looking after you well. Maybe just do what you can to distract yourself. Internet shopping is always a good distraction for me. Good idea to stay off fb. I can only imagine how annoying it is everyone asking all the time.

How was the sweep mrs phez?

My hair is coming out too bobster :nope:
Have you started packing?

Umm not doing it until we move on the 21st. His teeth are making him really UN comfortable poor sausage. Feel helpless.how's Greg's teething? Still no sight of a tooth yet here. Hope they hurry up.

Are youputtingsun cream on Greg and if so what sort? Jack got a pimply rash from Johnson's baby lotion before so hoping he's not going to react to Sun cream

Jane sorry I forgot to answer about teething. Finn has been teething since 3 months, and no teeth yet. Not even kidding. He will have a few days where we have to keep the orajel and freezy chew toys coming, then not be bothered for weeks. The ped says it's common for their teething buds to cause pressure then recede frequently. Some days they are red and puffy and I swear they are gonna pop, then it goes away. He must have the fattest, slowest growing teeth ever!

Glad to hear the doc confirmed stuff for you MLM. Even when you hear something like that, and you "know" that person is probably not correct, it's nice to get the all's well from the doctor. I'd say they aren't very supportive in that group!

Bobster-I know what you mean about wishing the teeth will hurry up! I hope the second round goes faster for our little bubs.

Phez, Fx for the sweep, and glad you are getting spoiled. I didn't even make it to my due date, I can't imagine going over!!

Had my stretch and sweep. Managed to get me to 3cm and got another booked for Friday if this doesn't work. Then it will be a case of induction on either Saturday or Monday. If I choose to wait till Monday I'll need to go in on Sunday for monitoring. Really don't want induction. Hopefully things kick off later! Want to meet our little girl!

3 cm is great Phez! Hope she does come on her own, but if not, an induction isn't the worst thing in the world. Hope your sweep wasn't too painful.

3cm mrs phez, that's great, almost a third of the way there!

Teething is crap :nope:

Bobster we have the garnier ambre solair baby sun cream and so far so good

Thanks for encouragement. Been out walking today but lost some/all my plug this morning and been feeling pretty uncomfortable with period-like pains and pressure in my bottom. I know it doesn't mean anything till the conts start properly but it's a step forward!

Sounds promising mrs phez...waterproof sheets on your bed tonight :winkwink:

Great signs Phez!!!! C'mon baby Phez, we want to meet you and know your name!

Yay how exciting! Sounds like she's getting ready to meet her mummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->