Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Just had curry, boy that was hot. She's now moving round like mad. Time to get some rest and hope something happens tonight. Bouncing on my ball seems to make me feel like something is gonna happen but now I'm on sofa and all is normal. I am getting impatient and know that's the worst thing you can do! Bed is the best place now...chat tomorrow!

Hope curry helps phez! So excited for you and can't wait to hear the news!

Nope Jane! I am STILL waiting! And getting a bit stressed/bored/fed up now tbh. Another sweep booked for tomorrow, induction booked for Saturday but gonna cancel and switch that to Monday in the hope she comes by herself. This isn't supposed to happen with second babies!!! Feel like I'm disappointing everyone but know I'm being silly. :shrug:

Try not to think that way mrs phez, she will come when she is ready.:hugs:

Phez screw what anyone else may think. These are the last few days of what may be your last pregnancy whichever way she comes. Please don't think about anyone else, just try to enjoy her inside you as its so precious. Like Jane says she'll come when she's ready, not when everyone else is. Even if you have to be induced on Monday, that's only 4 days until you are going to have a daughter! How amazing is that :)

P.s. make sure you get a lovely 9 month bump pic to look back on x

Sorry for 3 consecutive posts, keep thinking of things I want to say after I've submitted my post.

Been really naughty and bought a second pushchair. Been really unhappy with my choice as the warfarer is so clunky and clumsy. Particularly on cobbly streets (there are a lot in york) and going up kerbs. It's sometimes so bad it wakes ds up which is highly annoying. There's also no suspension and the pushchair part is only suitable for a baby who can sit up completely independently (says from 6 months) but Jack still needs support and he ends up slumped to one side. Sooo he's permanently in the car seat now. Grrr. Feel bad as Dan's parents bought it for us but it's been grating on me.

Bought the sola the other day (my original choice) so hope it handles better. Question is, how do I tell Dan's mum why I have bought another one without offending her? Don't want her to think I'm ungrateful which I'm not but she does get easily offended by things. How are all your prams?

Phez screw what anyone else may think. These are the last few days of what may be your last pregnancy whichever way she comes. Please don't think about anyone else, just try to enjoy her inside you as its so precious. Like Jane says she'll come when she's ready, not when everyone else is. Even if you have to be induced on Monday, that's only 4 days until you are going to have a daughter! How amazing is that :)

Thank you Bobster!!!!! Such a sweet sentiment and I know in the long run it's such a small period of time and I'll miss her crazy movements when she comes out. Spoke to mw today. Will have 2nd sweep tomorrow. Then go to hosp for planned induction Saturday and tell them I want to wait a couple more days. Get checked over and hope she comes by herself. Fingers crossed! Thanks for your support everyone, what would I do without you? :hugs:

Update: Second sweep done. Bloody show noted by mw but I didn't see it. More effaced and cervix is shorter but appears to be more posterior than Tuesday so still Bishop Score of 6. Been booked for induction on Sunday 10am GMT (14 days overdue) as 2 ladies went into labour naturally but if she's like her brother my conts will start 2am Saturday night and my waters will start leaking tomorrow during the day. More crossed fingers, don't want to spend 24 hrs in hosp with a pessary!! Nearly there

Ahhh! You are so close Phez! Enjoy your last little bit of time as a family of three before your little lady arrives : )

Fingers crossed for leaky waters tomorrow then phez. If you have to have the induction on Sunday do you know if it tends to progress pretty quickly? Someone on Facebook was induced and she seemed to have her baby quite quickly. Fingers and toes firmly crossed that it happens tomorrow but if not you will have her here by Monday I bet!

I have no idea Bobster, but I would think as I'm fairly favourable and had a baby before it would be fairly quick. Wishful thinking?? Positive thoughts!! Getting excited now. As each day passes the more inclined I am to have the epidural, especially with induction. Think I deserve it after another mega long pregnancy with all the discomfort! We'll see....will post tomorrow with any news

And we could be looking at a St Patrick's Day baby. Fave name today is Molly which would be quite appropriate if she is a St Paddys Day baba (Molly Malone)
!

My induction was pretty fast Phez- once they started the pitocin Norah came in about 6 hours, including about 50 min of pushing, and I've never had a baby before. I think you'd be fine. I want to say my bishops score was a 7?

Love love love Molly Malone! I'm very into the Irish names, as I'm quite Irish myself : )

Molly is a lovely name phez. Molly, madeline and seren are my faves so far. Eeek can't wait to hear the final name choice. Did u decide dexters name before he came or after? It's so hard picking a name. Esp girls ones as there are so many lovely ones.

Still no second af for me. Had so many patches if ewcm I think my body has been trying to ovulate for weeks now. It must have forgotten how to do it! Hope it remembers so I can start my pill and get it over and done with! hate af!

Agreed Bobster, soooo many girl names. Dexter was easy, we both liked it and had a very short list. It was very simple back then. DH has gone off to do a locum today. Asking for trouble right?!

Sods law your contractions will start when your DH is not home! Hopefully he is fairly local still?
From what I hear from NCT friends that were induced, the contractions came on thick and fast so I say go for the epidural if you want one.
Either way mrs phez, little Molly will be here before the start of next week :happydance:
So exciting.

DH took Greg to first swim class today, they had a wonderful time by the sounds of it.

I've been noticing a squint in one of gregs eyes which is normal up to 3 months of age but now even with his corrected age he is over this so I will ring the HV on Monday. According to the NHS website, Greg is at increased risk because DH had a squint as a child and because Greg was prem and had a low birth weight.

Bobster, I too in hindsight would have chosen a different buggy now. I underestimated how uneven the pavements are where I live and he is about to outgrow the carrycot but is not developed enough to go into the stroller seat...don't have any advice about your MIL, maybe just explain it to her and say now you've had the benefit of experience etc....
Did you say you have ordered a new one? We ordered a maclaren buggy that would lie flat to use during this interim period but took it back as we just don't have the storage at home for another pram.

Sorry bobster, yes you did say you bought a new one- posting on here super quick.
Did you get a carrycot for it or does it lie flat?

Ah I'm glad I'm not the only one. Dan had a go at me for 'wasting' his mums money. Got just a pram unit no carry cot but it lies flat. It also has bigger back wheels and more suspension. Rubbish isn't it when u feel you regret your choice.

No idea about eye problem sorry Jane. I would ask hv. What is that condition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->