Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Haha love the name phez! You are funny! Don't remember either of those names coming up before lol! I guess sometimes you just have to see what baby looks like. Sounds like you are doing well with bf if your milk is coming already. Do you think you may find it easier as its your second time?

Jane I'm trying to give him some food every day but he only has a taste or two and then refuses to open his mouth anymore! Don't know if I should leave it really as he's not sitting independently yet either but just felt I wanted to get him used to it slowly so its not such a shock at 6 months. Have you tried him with anything yet? Sounds like a nightmare Poo situation! Typical time to run out of wipes too! I had a similar experience but luckily had wipes. U had ppl trying the door. In the end I opened it and told them I would be a while so to find another toilet! Makes you feel so pressured doesn't it. Did you use toilet paper to clean him up?

Hope you find the weaning talk useful. Let me know how it goes. Sounds like he'll be not far off. Is he sitting with support? Have you got a highchair?

Start moving Friday. Started packing and we're living in a tip as there's just no where to put anything! Can't wait to move although I'm sad to leave here. It's been a nice 3 years here.

Haha I know! Well when my gma passed away I wanted to use her name Elsie in the babys name but change it to Elise because she absolutely detested Elsie! DH categorically said he didn't like it so just forgot. Then on Sunday as we paced the hosp waiting for pessary to start working, he suggested it. Had no memory of earlier convs!!! So that's why that was never mentioned. Robyn was always on list but only decided when she was born

Pretty name Phez, I like it! Hope you are feeling well and getting rest.

Lovely choice mrs Phez and a lovely nod to your late grandma. I remember you saying you liked names that could be shortened and were unisex.
We'll done on the BF. Think you said Dexter had a tongue tie so you had to express? Sounds like Robyn hasn't got one which must be nice that you can feed her directly, expressing takes up so much time.

Yes bobster had to use the rough old toilet roll to clean him up, he cried and cried.
Will ask about the baby led weaning today. I have a NHS leaflet about weaning and it mentions the baby led weaning in there, it's good for them to feel the texture of the food according to the leaflet.

I hate moving home, is so stressful. Will your in laws babysit jack?

So annoyed, rushed to the children's centre for the weaning talk and it was all locked up. Rung the main office number to be told they've changed the days they run it on.
I had planned to feed Greg when I got there too so poor little man was crying for his food, had to walk home pretty quickly.

Bobster, we have breakfast and dinner but lunch is always on the fly and I'm always in a rush, wonder how to wean when you are in a rush, can it be done? I think it's going to take a lot of time and patience.

How annoying! Does that mean you've missed it or will you make another session soon?

For some reason I'm not really loving nursing any more and am preferring pumping and bottle feeding. The washing of the pump and bottles is annoying, but I like feeding her with a bottle better except the night-morning hours. Norah spits up less with the bottle and I know exactly how much she is eating which is nice. I'm still not sure how much I should be putting in the bottles, no one seems to have a good answer. Oh well, she seems fine and growing at a healthy rate

Definitely do what suits you best mlm. Here is a calculation we were given by the hospital to work out how much volume the baby needs at each feed...

Volume required in mL = Current weight in Kg x 150 / how many feeds a day

so for Greg, he was initially fed every 3 hours (8 feeds a day)
2.2 kg x 150 / 8 = 41 mL at each feed.

Sounds like you don't need this calculation though, just be guided by Norah. We found it useful as he was tiny and wasn't eating much but meant we could keep an eye on what he had taken.

Good luck for your move today bobster.

yep, i missed it, will have to attend one in April now :dohh:

Thanks jane! That makes it about 3.1 oz for her, which is about what I've been feeding her! Confused me because the nurse and pediatrician were saying 3 oz was a lot, but I'm guessing they calculated 8 feedings when she's only feeding 7 times. I feel better now!

There is so much conflicting advice out there Mlm so I'm pleased this helped you :flower:

How is everyone doing? I'm dying to hear about Robyn! Adjusting to life as a family of 4 Phez? Is Dexter doing well?

Hello!! Blimey Robyn is 8 days old, I have my hands so full with bf, sleep dep, Dexter and this is when D|H at home, cooking and house husband duties! But my goodness I am so in love with Robyn, she's lovely! Was worried about bonding with her but shouldn't have. BFing painful but I'm seeing this through (mlm don't make your mind up[ too quick, bf is so much more convenient than expressing which is time consuming and all those bottles to wash!)
Right let me see nif I can post a pic! Sorry so slow!

Here she is

Attachments

• meandRDay0.JPG
    meandRDay0.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
What a gorgeous doll! She's a beauty phez. She looks tiny, how much did she weigh? Glad you are bonding well and everything is going well despite tiredness and sore nips. I'm sure your nips will toughen up soon hehe.

Jane the move went ok thanks. Did it in 2 days. Living out of boxes still a bit but we have so much more space now which is nice. Jack has a gorgeous room to play in. How are you and Greg doing?

mlm- I found expressing ok but it is a bit of a faff. I guess if you are going back to work soon its good to get into the habit of doing it. I found it useful to know how much jack had taken but agree that messing about sterilizing the pump and all the bottles etc is a chore.

I asked OH when he wanted to try for the 2nd today and he said when jack was 2! I really want to try when he is 1. It could take forever to get pregnant again. I'm a bit disappointed about that. Otherwise I'm good, Jack is well and has been trying baby rice which he loved. So cute. Still not teeth yet. Nothing else to report.

Hows mack?

Thanks for posting Phez, she is adorable! Love those cheeks! I'm sure life is crazy for you right now.

Glad your move went well bobster! It is always such a pain to move, I'm sure you're glad to be done.

I think I will express and nurse. I have been nursing for the overnight feeding and up until the afternoon and giving her a couple of bottles in the afternoon/evening. Seems to be working ok so far. We will see. She has been down to only 6 feedings the last 5 days which is much less time consuming, although I worry a little about her getting enough and gaining weight. Hopefully she is.

So excited right now- Norah slept nearly 8 hours straight for the first time! Yay!

She is beautiful mrs Phez.

That's excellent Mlm, sounds like you ladies have found your groove.

All good here. Chicken pox seems to be doing the rounds so trying to avoid that, he's too young for that I think.

We need a bigger house too bobster! Try not to worry about what oh said about trying for number 2, so much can happen between now and then, I bet he will come round to trying sooner.

Hi ladies. Phez, Robyn is a little peach. Love the name. Sorry I've been mia. Finn had a few colds, I had a cold, and the new job is totally kicking my ass! Getting a little better this week, but it will probably be a few months till I get into the swing of things! I will try to catch up properly thus weekend.

Just saw your signature Mack- can't believe Finn is over 8 months. Wow!

Jane yes good idea to avoid chicken pox. Do you know when it's safe to let them catch the virus?

Mlm wow! Sounds like Norah's doing brilliant sleeping so long at her age. Hope its a sign of things to come. Were you and hub checking her all night?

Phez sounds so busy! 2 weeks paternity is not enough is it. Did you say he'd booked some time off soon? Do you have anyone else to help when he goes back to work? Does Dexter go to nursery at all?

Mack nice to hear from you. Job sounds challenging. Must be hard juggling that with Finn. Bet it's nice to come home at the end of the day to see him.

Newham came today. Took it for a spin and it handles soon much better.gotta find a way to tell the mil now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->