Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

N9ooooooo. I just typed a huge reply and internet crashed at work. Uggh. I will type more when im not on my phone.

Jane was it levonelle or Ella one that you took?

Jane I'm itching to know if you are preggers again!? Hope not for your sake as I know you don't want another this soon. Weird as more used to writing fingers crossed for bfp not bfn!

Hey ladies, sorry for not replying sooner, we've been on holiday.

I got my af! I was happy to see it but part of me was a little sad it came, but mostly I am relieved, we are just not ready for #2. You know when you are trying not to get pregnant you see loads of pregnant ladies everywhere!

How are you all doing?

Mackjess I can't believe Finn is 1... :cake: Such a happy celebration, how are you guys marking it- you may have already said but I didn't go back through the posts

How are you feeling about going back to work soon bobster? How is Norah Mlm, are you thinking about weaning soon?

Greg is doing well, he's got really long and has 4 teeth is a row along the top and his bottom two have finally started to come in now too....no stopping him now.
He has a 9 month health and development assessment so eager to see if he is behind or not. No sign of crawling. When he's on his feet (with us holding his hands) he walks really well and kicks his football. Weaning is going well too, we hardly purée now just mash it a little. He's been waking a lot at night lately I think it's where it's been quite hot.

I read there are strong rumours Kate Middleton is pregnant again in the very early days and will announce within weeks...Prince George is also about to turn 1.

I guess it's good AF showed up for you Jane since you're not ready yet. Although that could have been exciting : ) glad Greg is doing well. Maybe he will just skip crawling and go right to walking!

Norah has been loving her food. We have been doing rice cereal and over the last few weeks have added banana, apple, pears, and sweet potatoes. She loves it! And I think she's gaining weight quicker which makes me happy. She can sit up a little bit using her hands for support, but is not totally there yet.

In case I miss the actual day, happy birthday to Mr. Finn!! Wow, it's already been a year!!

Woop yes which day is his birthday mack? A year old already, wow! What a lovely time of year to have a birthday.

I heard a rumour about Kate before. It will be interesting to see if it's true. Last time she was pregnant we were all fed up about it!

Jane I'm glad af showed up for you. It wouldn't have the sane effect if it were an unplanned bfp I'm sure.

Dreading work. Start on 1st september. Really anxious about it. Feel like I've forgotten everything!

Jane forgot to ask.. Who is the degelopmental check with? Health visitor? Do all kids get this at 9 months as I've not heard of or before. Sounds like Greg May skip crawling and just be a walker! Still only 2 teeth for jack.

I've been feeling really badly broody over the last few days. I think I'm going to ask other half if we can start ttc a bit earlier. It took a year to hAve Jack and I worry it may take another year for another bfp.

I feel that overwhelming desire to get pregnant again and I really want Jack to grow up close in age to his sibling. Does anyone else feel like this? Ithink my OH will take some persuading but not sure.

Bobster, Norah isn't even 6 months yet and I'm starting to feel that way! We have agreed to start ttc in November, which will make Norah about the same age Jack is now. I think it's worth at least bringing it up to see what your OH thinks. I think I know so many pregnant ladies that that contributes to my feeling of wanting to be pregnant though...

Yes ditto mlm. Every time I see a pregnant woman it reminds me of my baby bump last summer and I have a pang of desire for that again. Plus I think next time I have a baby I will enjoy the time so much more because I've just done it and won't fret and worry half as much. I really wish I appreciated the first few months of jacks life more instead of worrying and stressing so much. I miss bf him too and will try to do it much longer next time. I just feel ready. Worried about bringing it up to OH though as I don't think he has given it much thought. You are so lucky that your hubby is so on-board with you. Our plan so far is to start looking for our house to buy in August 2015 so start ttc around then but then Jack will be nearly 2 and it could take forever to catch on again.. eeek I will mention it and let you know what he says...

Jane forgot to ask.. Who is the degelopmental check with? Health visitor? Do all kids get this at 9 months as I've not heard of or before. Sounds like Greg May skip crawling and just be a walker! Still only 2 teeth for jack.

Bobster the check is with the health visitor. They've sent me a questionnaire about his motor skills etc to fill and take with me (like can he pick up a crumb using just his thumb and index finger). All babies in my area have the assessment. I think you said when Jack was 4 months old he had a check but Greg didn't have one so I guess every area does it differently?

Although I'm not ready to TTC I totally agree with you bobster about thinking I will enjoy the time much more next time- Gregs early weeks just feel like a blur now and I too worried and stressed so much. I hope I will be more confident next time, even though every baby is different I will have more knowledge to draw from. I hope BF will work out for me next time but if it doesn't I won't be beating myself up about it like this time.

Happy Birthday Finn :happydance:

Bobster, I just wanted to say that I found buying a house so so stressful- we were selling and buying so perhaps more stressful than if you are going from rented in to bought but the conveyancing part was just a nightmare and the whole process took maybe 6-9 months (obviously depends on the complexity of your chain).
Assuming you get your BFP straight away; I personally wouldn't want to be pregnant whilst going through that process!

Looks like Finn had a great first birthday! The pictures are adorable. Did he like the cake?? Your family is super cute. Congrats lady!

Thanks jane. Yes it might be a bit over ambitious to be pregnant/ttc whilst buying a house. Might get the house sorted first as that needs to be a priority. I was assuming it would take another year for next bfp but I guess you never know.

Mack I can't believe how much little Finn has changed!!! He looks like such a little dude! Gorgeous little boy. I can understand how you feel as I too feel so overwhelmingly proud but at the same time sad that jaçks so grown up and not my tiny little baby anymore. Any news on ttc for you?

I took jack to his second nursery induction yesterday. As soon as I went in he had his arms stretched out for one of the nursery nurses for a cuddle. I think they were a bit shocked as the receptionist said in her words it was 'unbelievable'. Anyway noww that has just reinforced my paranoia that jack is too comfortable with strangers and not as attached to me as he should be :( he doesn't get sad when I leave him there or look excited when I come back. Just nothing! But he still comes to me first if he's upset o anything like that so that makes me feel better. I don't want him to feel sad or anything but I just worry he doesn't feel a nornal attachment to me.

He loved the cake!

Jane, Finn was a little late on the anxiety. I remeber the ped asking me because he was always so smiley and friendly. It's kicked in the last few months. Not sure if it was from dh traveling or because we have had sitters a little bit more recently? I think he is happy and secure, and only has mild separation anxiety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->