Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

MLM I will be thinking about your SIL! I can't imagine a double whammo of pregnancy can you?

Finn is going to get ear tubes put in on Sept 17th. He has been on antibiotics every month this year for ear infections so even though I am glad about it, I am a ball of nerves!!

And I agree, I do hope we all end up TTC at the same time. It's still looking like spring for us.

Poor Finn! Norah was so uncomfortable with her ear infection, I can't imagine every month! Good thing he will be getting the tubes to help him. Hope all goes smoothly.

No, I can't imagine having 2 at once! One is plenty for sure. I'm still set on November for ttc... Or at least not preventing. If I could choose, I'd pick October of next year to have a baby. Wish it were that simple 😀

Hey ladies,
How is Norah now Mlm? Yey for first teeth, I was so excited when the first tooth came through.
How have your first days back at work been bobster?
How do they put in the tubes Mack, is it an operation?

Mlm, I was 33+6 when I delivered Greg, he weighed 4lbs 13oz and was in NICU for 2 weeks. What gestation will they be delivering the twins? I think twins are generally on the smaller side? At least she can mentally prepare herself for a prem delivery and NICU, I was totally numb with shock and disbelief after Greg came early.

Norah is totally back to normal, all is well! The first tooth was exciting. I'm the type that gets super excited about all the little milestones. Love her 😀

They are talking about delivering them at 34 weeks now. Yes, I agree it is better to be prepared. I remember how shocking Greg's arrival was for you. And now little man is almost a year old! you ladies have much better times of the year for birthday parties, I'm jealous! February is very limited with the weather in Chicago. I'm already starting to think about what I'm going to do for Norah's birthday party, haha.

Another royal baby on the way! Sounds like they have announced before the 12 week period because of the extreme morning sickness again....poor her!

Yes jane haha they don't mess about do they? It's lovely news. Can't help feeling a pang of envy though! Wish it were that easy for us to have another baby. We need to buy a house first ideally but no money until next august and don't want to wait until then! Must be awful to have such bad ms.

The royals certainly don't need to worry about money and getting a bigger house- lucky cow!
How is it being back at work bobster?

Greg has started only having one nap a day- is this normal as they get older?

I think it might be? Jack also only has one now which tends to be in the morning. I wish he still had 2 as it gave me chance to get stuff done! Have you thought about teaching Greg to use a spoon yet? I need to start giving jack one to play with a bit more often I think.

Works ok. Second week completed. I was do nervous last week but feel a bit better this week. Wish I could be off but at the same time it's nice having my own identity again and banter at work.

Mlm not long now until ttc commences for you! Exciting! We're still aiming for April. I can't wait!

Ditto bobster, we've been pushing the finger food and he's quite good at that now so think we need to move on to using a spoon. At the end of a meal I often let him hold it and chew it but I need to give him more opportunity. I've got some good suction bowls so will start giving it a go! Get prepared for even more mess!

He's got 2 more bottom teeth cutting through and he is so grouchy.

Sounds like you are getting in to the swing of things bobster- I've found myself tempted to apply for some part time jobs I've seen locally. I asked DH what he thought and he said its up to me...I better start looking at some nurseries. Would prefer to have one in mind when I apply for these jobs in taste they need me to start straight away.

Can't believe in 4 weeks they will be 1!

I've managed to lose a stone of baby weight so far so I'm happy about that! It's helping with my self esteem. I feel like I need my own identity again. I feel like all I talk to DH about is his work and Greg.... I need something of my own.

How are you feeling about the ear op this week mackjess?

Yes, very nervous but will be relieved. He has another ear infection now. =(

Poor Finn! Hope he is ok now? Must be so worrying for you :( it's awful when they are in pain or unwell. How did the op go?

Jane I know exactly how you feel. Me and dan didn't talk about much other than jack or his work too. Now we talk about my work too but I still think we need other things too. It's difficult as we're like passing ships now I'm back to work so we never have much time on our own as a couple. I really miss spending quality time with him on his own. Whe. Jack goes overnight we usually see friends. It's hard to get a balance.

Jane sounds like Greg is about the same stage as jack with his eating which is reassuring. Is Greg trying to say mama or dada to you yet? Jack says Mamama but not to me unfortunately! Don't think he's close to saying a word yet.

He has yet another cold! ... Of course I think I'm getting it now too. That is the downside if nursery jane.

What kind of jobs are you going to apply for? It might help Greg if he is anxious without you to get used to spending time with other people I guess.

Hi ladies! Finn did great with his procedure. It is a very minor operation, the doctor was back talking to us in just under 20 minutes, so it must be less than 10 minutes to actually do it! That counts them rolling him back, the anesthesia and everything and back in 20. I wasn't worried about the procedure so much as anesthesia. they just use a mask since it's so fast, no IVs or anything, and he was only out for a few minutes. You never know if you or someone is one of the people that doesn't do well with anesthesia until they try it! I hope he doesn't have to have any future sinus/tonsil/ear procedures, but if he does at least I know he is good with the anesthesia. Usually you always are, or never are good with it.

I am happy to report my cycles are getting back to normal. I stopped the pill about 5 months ago, and all 5 cycles were 3 days shorter. Not bad I know, but you could set a calendar to my 28 days before so I was concerned! The last one was 27 days, so only 1 day early. I was worried though and about to go get a test because I felt like maybe I was 2 days late. But AF showed and no test was necessary. Even thought I am not ready, I was still disappointed. I feel like going forward we are going to not try still, but not really try to stop it. I'm just going to avoid the calendar days my app says I'm fertile, but not do much else. And then maybe after the first of the year quit paying attention to the days at all. :) It's hard to not try every month, I have this fear I'm getting old and missing chances.

I can't believe almost all of our babies are hitting the 1 year mark? I've been so happy and proud of Finn with his milestones, but man my heart hurt that he is not a baby anymore!! Now when he says HEY and MOMMA, he sounds like a little demanding person, not a baby. =/

I'm pregnant! I just got my BFP this morning :dohh:

DH and me are in shock. I felt a bit off this month and when my period didn't show yesterday and no af symptoms I thought I would do a test just in case! DH was in LA for work and when he came back we got a bit carried away- that was the only time this month but I thought we'd be ok as I wasn't due to ovulate for another week or so....:blush:

So pleased the procedure went well mackjess and no more ear infections for Finn. Mackjess, won't be long at all and you'll be joining me on this journey! And bobster and Mlm too!

I don't know if I'm ready for this!

OMG Jane!!!!! Congrats!! How exciting for your family. How crazy that it was so easy this time after the whole ttc journey with Greg. I'm so happy for you.

Mack, glad to head Finns procedure went well. It must have been so scary having him go under anesthesia. Hopefully this fixes his problem for good!

OMG OMG That is so awesome!! LOL, I know what you mean about not ready. I was panicked a few weeks ago when I felt like I was late, but I kinda wish it would happen like that you know? Without all the TTC worry. SO happy for you, and you will figure it out. moms always do, so try not to worry to much. :)

How are you feeling? OMG OMG OMG. !!!! lol

Thanks ladies.
I think the news is starting to sink in a little more now.
Had some blood today but only when I wiped and no cramps so trying not to panic about it as the same happened when it was early days with Greg. Trying to be a lot more relaxed this time around and honestly having Greg takes my mind off it a bit. My nipples are feeling sore and having bouts of nausea. No stretchy, crampy feeling this time around- guess things are not as tight down there as they once were! Lol.

I'm going to see how the week plays out with the blood and give the doctor a ring at the end of the week if I think we're still going good.

Can't wait to hear when you ladies get your BFPs again too :flower:

I had a little blood early on with Norah too. Was nothing to worry about for me : ) I can't believe it jane, was it really only one time??? Crazy! I hope this is signs of easy bfps for the rest of us!

I had spotting with Finn too.

and OMG OMG OMG! So exciting! I really do think it's fab you got a good surprise. I remember being jealous of other women who had babies without even trying! Of course that went away after I got to have Finn.

2 positives and blood work today! I guess you could say we've got our rainbow! Can't wait to hear from the doctor!

Thanks Mlm and mackjess. It's turned brown today so think we are ok.
I just said to DH that I feel guilty I'm not as excited for this pregnancy. He was really reassuring so feeling happier :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->