Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

How was the party bobster? Was it emotional jack turning one and now being a toddler? Did he realise the party was for him?

Greg has a new tooth, that's four along the top and four along the bottom now.

Bobster, how did your suspected ectopic resolve itself? Did it carry on for a while and you had regular HCG tests? We had another blood test yesterday so will get the results today. The pain is feeling better and there is more of a period so I'm hopeful these results will start to show it lowering.

Wow Mlm, just saw your ticker that Norah is 8 months old! Hope you are getting in lots of practice before you TTC next month :blush:

Thank u for the birthday wishes. Party went well. Jack seemed in good spirits albeit a bit confused. He's loving all his new toys now.. I did feel emotional jane yes. Baby growing up into a little man. Jack now has 5 teeth and the 6th is not long away. Greg is doing so well he's got loads!

Jane they measured my hcg 3 times I think. The first 2 times it only rose by half and the last time it dropped massively and was only 200 so they said it had either absorbed or was miscarrying. They saw something on womb but it was an irregular shape so didn't think it was the sac. They advised the methotrexate injection if it didn't drop on the 3rd tests.

Hopefully period type bleeding means it's resolving on it's own. Sounds promising. I hope so. I remember the worry of just not knowing. It felt a relief when I found out it was miscarrying and that's a weird feeling :(

P.s. I remember my period type bleeding started properly after I found out it had dropped loads. Before that it was only red spotting and brown discharge type bleeding. Let us know how your bloods go Jane. Fingers crossed and thinking of you

Thanks for your experiences bobster, it helped a lot. The 3rd round of bloods have dropped, bleeding has increased and sharp pains on my right side gone :happydance:. Hospital said looks like it has resolved on its own and don't need to go in again. I know what you mean when you say it is a relief to have it miscarry now...miscarrying is bad enough without the ectopic element to it.

Emotionally I feel brighter and just want to get back to normal. I feel like some of the weight I lost I've put back on through comfort eating! Looking forward to focusing again on just us 3.

Greg had his first full day at nursery yesterday. Even though we'd had settling in sessions, I had a lump in my throat when I went to leave him properly but all was well and I got loads of chores done and he was so happy when I went to collect him.

How is everyone else doing?
It's getting really chilly- time to buy some winter clothes for the little guy (and me!)

Sooo relieved for you jane! I'm so sorry this has happened to you but it will happen again and you will become 4 when it's meant to be. Life is a royal shit sometimes! Glad you are feeling positive about getting on with things now though.

Tell me about it! It was freezing this morning. I'm craving a shopping spree but no money to justify it. Wages have dropped a couple of hundred pounds since going back part time. I'm needing some big cosy knitted jumpers and want to get jack some grandad style jumpers too. H&m have some nice boys clothes jane which are quite cheap. Got jack some little colourful trousers recently.

Glad Greg went ok at nursery. Bet it was so weird being home wothout him. Nice to hae time to yourself I bet. Prepare yourself for bugs now! Worth it in the long run though (I hope)

Jane, I'm so happy this is resolving for you, but so sad this happened. I'm glad you are feeling ok. I'm guessing that having Greg makes it a little easier than the first time around.

I'm nervous to start ttc for a few reasons. I've heard so many instances lately of people I know having losses or difficulties of some sort. Also I'm worried about DH being ready because even though he agreed to November, I know he'd rather wait til Norah is 1. I'm just worried it's going to take long to get pregnant or we will have another loss before having our 2nd. So confusing.

Jane, I'm so glad this isn't going to be a whole ordeal for you and it's resolving itself. Sorry you have to go through this though!

Bobster - You sound a lot like I did about Finn's birthday. So hard to believe they are older!!!

MLM - I'm the same, and it makes me want to start trying so bad NOW! But we are really saving big time so we can afford a house. Ours is tiny and we are stacked to the rafters as the closets and rooms are small. Daycare for Finn will be cheaper if we wait, and we will both will have had 2 raises by the time the baby would be here and I'd be going back to work if we wait til April. That's only 6 cycles. I keep repeating that to myself! Just 6 left. And in 2 weeks, there will be just 5 cycles left! I think I can do it...

Oooh good way of thinking about it mack! 10 more for me as we're starting next august.

Mlm did hubby say anything to make you think he prefers not to ttc x

Last week AF was 3 days late, and I asked him if he'd be mad if I was pregnant. He said no, not mad, but he wouldn't be ready. So I'm thinking how would he be ready next month, that's so soon.

Oh no mlm it's awful not knowing isn't it. Maybe you need to have a good chat with him about it. I think it's hard to plan a time to start ttc as it always seems like ages away but then the time really creeps up soon. I worry about the same as at first dan said we could ttc on his 30th in April, then he postponed it until august next year. I feel ready now. One of my best friends announced today she is 14 weeks pregnant with no.2 which was an accident. They are really happy but I couldn't help but feel very jealous. Hate that feeling. I would love a happy accident as already feel so stressed about ttc again and it taking ages.

My husband said he wasn't really ready our first few cycles.
But he knew it was important to me. But eventually he warmed up to it.
Didn't take him too long to get over being ready.

Thanks barbikins. I don't want to nag my OH and him to be pressured but at the same time I'm feeling super broody at the moment for no.2 so it's hard not to mention it a lot. Practically I think we could manage in a 2 bed for a while. I think as soon as my OH's friend start having babies he will feel more ready as he's the only one in his friendship group so far

So at our anniversary dinner last night, DH and I talked and he happily agreed to trying next month! As long as if we aren't pregnant by march we take a month off so we don't have a December baby (he doesn't want the baby to have to share their bday with holiday stuff). Men are so weird.

I agree with you about not wanting to feel stressed bobster. I'm going to try really hard not to, but it will be hard.

Aw that's great mlm! I bet it will happen much quicker and easier for us all as our bodies have recently done it!

Dan suggested dtd without protection last night so here's to a happy accident. Otherwise august is only 10 months away so hopefully it will go quickly :)

Jane how is it going with you?

I might try to convince OH to start in April but I doubt he will have it so I'm on a 10 month countdown to august. Not that long to wait really! Hope to see some fruits popping up on here in the mean time so I can live my obsessions through you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->