Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

It's rotten when one or both of you feel sick and don't feel up to Baby dancing. I'm all healed after op and feel like it but DH is really sick. Greg caught hand, foot and mouth disease about 2 weeks ago and now DH has it and it is seriously horrible...nasty blisters on face, hands and feet that are itchy and a raging fever and sore throat. Greg got over it within a week but it had affected DH really bad and has been like 10 days so far. DH never goes off work sick but he is totally bed ridden and infectious! Thankfully so far I don't have it (touch wood). He is banished to the spare bedroom!

Yey for ovulating, normal length cycles and TTC in April. I'm predicting some spring BFPs for you ladies :flower: I'm hopeful our BFPs will happen without much 'trying'. I can't be bothered with all that charting and temperature monitoring stuff!

I'm pretty sure Finn didn't start crawling until 10 months, then was a 'late' walker and started at 14/15 months. Now that he's so good at both I wonder why I ever let anyone worry me about it!

Jane, so sorry to hear about HFM. It's been terrible in our area, but by some miracle nobody at Finn's daycare ever got it. They are required to send a note home with parents if there are any cases of it. Because of that, and me not taking him to grocery stores or playgrounds for a few months when it was rampant (we bought a slide and swing ourselves!) we didn't get it. So glad Greg is better but so sorry DH is still sick. I have heard it is just awful when adults get it!

You can be a 'carrier' and never catch it, so hopefully if you have gotten the bug from LO or DH it means you won't have any symptoms!

Oh my gosh I got hand foot and mouth just before going back to work and it's just awful! Feels like flu! I luckily escaped the mouth blisters but got scabs up my nose and hands and feet blisters turned into welts. Muscle aches were terrible too. You feel like you are dying! Jack only got a few spots on his cheeks and bum and seemed fine. It lasted ages too! Hope he gets better soon. Nhs website describes it as a mild illness in adults but if you read the comments underneath it has loads of awful experiences from adults so I think it needs changing!

Me and Dan have ran out of condoms so did it last night but he pulled out. I'm ovulating so we'll see. It's probabky unlikely but I hope for a happy accident. If not though April isn't long away so I don't mind waiting.

Are you all ready for Christmas? I haven't even started shopping yet! It has to be a tight year this year. Will only get jack a few items of clothes as he has so many toys and won't understand anyway. What are you all doing for Christmas? Mark do you think Finn will understand a bit or not?

Mackjess, you and Finn were so lucky to dodge HFM. Its been 10 days and DH is only just starting to feel better. Bobster you are so right about the NHS website, totally underplays the severity of symptoms in adults!

We are not ready for Christmas either, there's loads of time yet anyway :thumbup:

I never knew if pre-cum was as fertile as people say, guess you'll find out in a couple weeks bobster!

I've read it isn't. There may be low amounts but highly unlikely. Probably for the best as we're not ready yet! oh been really moody recently... Think looking after a toddler and working full time is taking its toll on him :(

What were the symptoms of hfm in your LOs? Norah has some redness around her mouth that I'm hoping is just chapped lips and doesn't turn into something worse...

Greg went off his food, had a fever and was very clingy and then the spots started around the mouth, hands and feet. Some looked blotchy on his face but most were distinct individual spots.
How is Norah today?

She's probably fine then. No fever or signs of sickness. Just some redness on her cheeks and below her lip. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Finn came home with 102 fever. This is only his second high fever ever. He ate ok and is sleeping now, and the poor booger still gave mommy a week smile even though I could tell he feels rotten.

Oh no mack it's awful when they're poorly isn't it :( hope he gets better soon? Have you taken him to the doctor or are you just going to keep your eye on him?

He had 103 fever when he woke this morning, but it came down fast with Tylenol and a few damp washclothes. He took a good nap and woke up feeling much cooler. He ate dinner well last night and bkst/lunch today so no doctor visit. He's been a tad crankier and sleepier but since he's acting OK overall we'll just keep an eye on him.

Well it's always a good sign when they have their appetite. So worrying being a parent! Sounds like he's on the mend though so fingers crossed he'll be over it in a few days.

All my nursing instincts go out of the window when jacks ill and I turn into a loony. Sounds like you are doing a marvellous job looking after him ��

How is Finn Mackjess? Hope he's feeling better poor mite.

Mlm any symptoms? Are you in the 2ww?

I read through some of our original thread today and it seems so long ago that we were all Ttc together! It's nice to look back and now know that there were 5 happy outcomes after all the stresses :)

Man, Friday and Saturday were hell. He had trouble napping and not interested in food because he didn't feel good. The fever subsided but his poor little head was full of snot. Lots of vapor rubs and baths, and he was almost back to normal yesterday thank goodness!

So glad :) the rehydration satchets are brill if he's not taking fluid.

Glad Finn is feeling better. That sounds terrible!

Yes, I'm in the 2ww, but trying not to think about it. I just know it won't be this month though, I think our timing was off.

I just clicked over to the ttc threads... I really hope I don't get obsessed like that again!

I bet it will be different this time as you won't have as much time to obsess! Fingers crossed for this month. I can't wait for April im getting so impatient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->