Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Yay! Love seeing the poppyseed again! So glad to share bump no.2's with you ladies again!

I have a real feeling it will take ages for me and OH to get a bfP again.. I can already feel the worry and still have 4 months to go!

Norah seems to have a little stomach bug now. She got sick twice and is barely eating. Worse though is DH... He was sick all night and still isn't feeling well today. Men are the absolute biggest babies when they are sick, I get soooo annoyed!

It's so true Mlm, the world has to stop when they are sick!
Hope you are still feeling well?

DH and I had the 'when to TTC #2' chat this afternoon and he said to start trying early next year which really took me by surprise. I said I'd prefer to wait a bit longer so we will see how we are feeling from end the of June onwards.
It's a bit of a compromise of waiting some time but not too long just incase we have another loss. It's DH birthday in August and would be lovely to give him a BFP stick for a present.

That sounds like a good plan Jane. You have to make sure you are ready before ttc again. Sounds like you and your DH have good communication about it.

Sounds like you've had a good chat jane. Maybe just see how you feel as you necer know you may decide you feel ready sooner or later. It's good hubby is so keen though. I worry my OH is just having another for me and jack but he doesn't really want another... I keep talking about April and he goes quiet.. I hope he doesn't back out of it when the time comes.

Poor Norah and your hubby too! It's awful when babies are ill, and men can really milk it!

I'm sure he does want another bobster. Don't forget he was the one who brought it forward from August. I think men don't often give much away about how they are feeling....except when they are ill!

Is it tomorrow you have your doctors appointment Mlm, Hope all goes well. Are you hoping for a scan?

I have my appointment Monday. I would love a scan, but not sure they will. Still feeling nervous. And also overwhelmed!

How was your appointment today Mlm?

The three of us caught gastric flu, has been horrible :wacko:

I ended up getting the stomach flu last week too, it was absolutely horrible. I feel bad for calling DH a wimp now. How are you all feeling now Jane?

My appointment went well yesterday. Hcg came back around 39000, which is roughly what it was around this time with Norah. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 23rd. I'm getting excited to surprise my family with the news on Christmas : )

Yey sounding good Mlm.:thumbup: so exciting that you will share the news on Christmas Day.

DH and me are much better thanks but Greg is still off his food and having the most horrendous nappies/diapers. It's been 5 days so I've contacted the GP and waiting for a call back. The nursery wouldn't take him today so there goes my rest :shrug:

GP said the stomach flu virus has left Greg with a temporary dairy intolerance hence the nasty nappies so to not give him any for a couple of days and gradually reintroduce- it has made a big difference but he is not happy going without his milk. He wasn't having lots during the day anyway but he really enjoyed the bottle before bed. We had to give him it in the end but watered it down a lot.

How are you doing bobster and mackjess? Are you all ready for Christmas?

Oh no sorry to hear you've all been unwell? Is stomach flu d&v or flu too? Sorry if a stupid question.

Glad you are feeling better now. Hope little Greg tolerates his milk better soon Jane. Diluting it sounds like a good plan. I don't think jack would sleep without his nighttime bottle. And mlm it must have been awful with Ms to have stomach flu! How are you feeling? Great hcg level! Can't wait to see the scan picture.

3 months to go until Ttc! Not long is it... Feel a bit scared about having another newborn with jack. He's into everything at he moment as he's confidently walking/running now! Is there any way to attach videos so I can show you? It's sooo adorable.

bobster we had d&v..yuk.

Jack is really stomping ahead with the walking...hope you can work out how to do a video, I've no clue how you post one.

Last Friday we had Gregs first steps :happydance:, about 6 very confident, controlled steps in to DH arms but since then he hasn't done it again. He doesn't have much confidence unless I'm holding one of his hands. When i take my hand away he gets so upset...did you have this problem bobster or mackjess?
I bought some reins and this has freed up his hands but I still feel like i'm keeping him up. Maybe the first steps were just a fluke and he won't walk independently for a while yet? :shrug:

3 months to go bobster...crazy. They change so quickly so even by the time April comes around he will be 18 months, let alone add 9 months by the time the baby comes (if you get your BFP straight away)...I'm sure you will be fine and if you can afford it maybe keep Jack in nursery a couple of days so you and the new one get some time together too.

I feel a bit torn at the moment. I'm definitely ovulating and part of me would like to just have unprotected sex and just see what happens. As much as I wasn't ready for the BFP that we lost, it now put the idea in to my head and I'm feeling quite broody now but being sensible I think a little more time wouldn't hurt :shrug:

Man, funny how the stomach flu goes around everywhere! The Thursday before last Finn came home with it, then last Thursday he came home with a fever and we all got colds after just getting over the flu! Jane, I had to switch to almond milk for a bit with Finn. I think it tastes horrible and felt bad, but he grabbed it and drank it down! He is just getting over a terrible diaper rash after 2 weeks of bad diapers, so I think we will all be back to normal by Monday.

I had taken last Monday off to get stuff done, and I was home with the flu. I am so behind on Xmas stuff and just dropping our photo cards in the mail!!

Everyone else ready for xmas? Feeling better mlm? It is so exhausting to have the flu when pregnant. I don't think I have ever been as worn out as then.

And yikes bobster, 3 more months. It is scary. I have kinda talked myself into 4 months. And sometimes not at all. Finn has had trouble sleeping since he's been sick so much. He feels OK now I think but he was used to being up from a tummy or stuffy nose issue. so he likes the attention. After he was awake for over an hour at 1am last night I couldn't fall back asleep. I kept thinking maybe I can't handle a 2nd, and what is so bad about having an only child? Maybe I'll snap out of it soon.

When Greg is playing up or not sleeping I think do I want to go through all this again too!

I hear you. I'm having a lot of anxiety about having another. Right now I'm feeling like I should have waited. Although don't get me wrong, I want this to be a healthy baby and I know I will be thrilled. It's just scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->