Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Thanks Mack. The midwife doesn't even know i'm on it but I might just stop it now anyway. I just went off people on here taking it so figured it was safe to continue. Its such a low dose anyway I'm sure its fine. I think maybe its in case you go into labour early.
MLM lovely names. Especially Norah. Very classic but not very common. Reminds me of Norah Jones who I love listening to. Sam is nice too, very traditional.

Yea i think it's like at 33 or 34 weeks you are supposed to stop. I waited until 16 weeks even though she said it was fine to quit at 13 weeks. I was freaked out about stopping it too!

Mlm, like your choice of Norah.

Bobster, I agree about Lilly going better with sue than Sophie. I like the new pram choice, I saw a similar silver cross one in John Lewis- it looks a bit more sturdy than the m&p solar but without comparing in real life it's hard to know. My friend recommended the britax travel system. She went to a kiddie care store where they had like 100 prams lined up for you to test drive- totally overwhelming!

A lady at work told me today about how she gave birth to her dead baby at 17 weeks- I spent the rest of the day with that in my head and although it felt like she needed to confide this in me, I kind of wish she hadn't. Later that afternoon I felt my bean move and I felt a bit happier.

2 more sleeps :coffee:

Oh no Jane what a thing to tell you. She must have felt the need to talk but poor you having that in your head all day. So glad the movements are keeping you reassured. 2 sleeps until your scan yay!

I think you're right the silver cross pram does seem more sturdy. Will check out kiddicare thanks for the tip. There's not many baby shops in York its terrible.

We got a Britax B-Agile system with the B-safe car seat. I picked it because of the high ratings the car seat had and it has 3 wheels so seems easier to turn and less bulky. Really liked it when I tried it out at the store.

I must say, I hadn't heard of any of the prams you have been discussing so I looked up what you ladies were talking about and they are much cooler than the ones we seem to have in the US! Most of them here are giant, bulky, heavy monsters with tiny wheels that are impossible to fold/unfold and seem to have no storage even though they are 2 feet wide and 5 feet long for a tiny baby!! Ridiculous. The Britax was about the only option here for me without doubling the costs to get a lighter/smarter one that is usually made in Europe and shipped over here. I wish we had better selection!

And I'm so sorry Jane. Glad you felt the bean moving, he/she must have known mama needed some reassuring. :hugs: I'm feeling more relaxed as I get closer. I joined a thread on here for July bumps, and even tho there have been some scary labors (one was 5 weeks early due to the placenta detaching, emergency csection, mom need lots of transfusions) all the babies and moms are recovering wonderfully. It has helped ease my fears and make me more confident that no matter what happens the doctors/nurses will take good care of me and LO.

You will be great Mack, you seem like a tough cookie! Glad you are feeling good about it.

What a terrible story Jane! Glad you felt you baby after that though and you feel better.

I just left the doctor for my check up- heartbeat is strong at 166 bpm and everything else looks good!

Awe thanks MLM. I'm not sure DH would agree since he's been waiting on me hand and foot the last week or so. :haha:

I'm sure I'll get a good case of nerves next week, but right now I just want him here so bad I don't care what happens to me in the process. Just SOO ready to meet my little Finn and know he's safe and sound.

Ah mackjess, I think we are all going to feel like you when its so close- hope you can find something to take your mind off the waiting? Not easy when you've got a huge reminder in your belly. Can you feel if the head is lower?

Great news on your check up Mlm- did you have another scan too?

I'm a cantaloupe today :happydance: bobster, it doesn't seem that long ago you were a cantaloupe and we were describing what it actually was.

I'm watching 16 and pregnant, kind of got obsessed with this show lately.

Yay your little cantaloupe! One more sleep Jane! Can't wait to see your little girlie scan picture! Sooo excited for you. Enjoy every moment :)

Thanks bobster, lovely that you girls are excited for me :hugs:. Thanks.

DH has been away on business all week, just hope his flight arrives on time tomorrow morning or I'll be going on my own :nope:

How are you doing bobster, has your bump grown? When will you buy the cot? Are you still finding work tiring?

Jane if dh isn't back yet you can have them write the gender down in an envelope so you still find out together. I'm sure his flight will be on time though.

Mack, didn't you find out the gender early? How far along were you and did you find out at the doctor or a private scan?

I'm watching 16 and pregnant, kind of got obsessed with this show lately.

Good luck tomorrow Jane! Will be thinking of you!

Thanks mrs phez. :hugs:

Did you ring the EPU and be honest with them about seeing if you could get an early scan?

What day is your booking in appointment again?

As the days go by, the more relaxed I feel so I'm going to hang on until my appointment in 12 days and take it from there. And boy do I feel sick today, which I have to think is a good thing. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd run a marathon (my legs were so achey) and my eyes were grainy like I'd had no sleep. So I'm feeling pretty rubbish. Hooray..??..!!

It's a ....BOY :blue:

Everything looked healthy but we have an appointment for 2 weeks time to go back because of the position he was in meant they couldn't see the outflow from his heart. She said she didn't have any reason to be concerned just the position meant she couldn't check it.

I will scan and post the pic a little later- looks just like your one bobster...

Feels so much more real now. DH and I are over the moon :cloud9:. We only had a girls name picked :shrug:

Great your feeling crappy Mrs Phez :winkwink: if you're feeling relaxed with no medical need for it then it does save the bother. I found the days leading up to 12 weeks absolutely dragged but sounds like you're taking it all in your stride :thumbup:

Congrats Jane!!!! Looks like you have to start brainstorming some boys names now. Awwww, so exciting!

Massive congrats Jane. I adore having a boy, would be very happy with another. Get your thinking cap on and yey, you get to have another scan!!!

Tomorrow is a milestone, I was 6+6 when I miscarried the last. Make it through tomorrow and I will be v happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->