Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Did my bloodwork at the OB this am. Glad I remembered to fast! I hope something comes of it. DH and I just started a 30 day beginner workout program. I am super excited as I finally got him on board with it. It's been rough. We have had big nasty fights about our lifestyle and I've barely spoken to him the last 2 weeks. He finally came around. With us both working, I need help and support to be healthier. His idea if the day is busy is to get McDs for lunch and Chinese for dinner. NO. lol. We did measurements last night, do a first workout today, and it starts introducing nutrition this week too. DH really needs help in that area. He's actually been mad at me because he'd make plans for us to go to a bar and grill and have drinks and watch a game with friends and I stayed home. All they have are nachos and bad food, and everyone is drinking beer, and none of my clothes fit. It's been verrrrry frustrating. Aslo, DH needs to lose about 20-30 lbs to not snore anymore. He has been sleeping in the other room until then. Hard to TTC in diff rooms!!

Anyhoo, I think I've moved TTC back to june/july. I would REALLY like to lose some weight and be in better shape. I think that we can get there in 90 days with DH on board. I basically had to threaten to leave so I'd not have someone derailing me every step of the way. Tough times but I think we are on the other side. And just in time to set good examples for Finn now that he eats so much of what we eat.

Bobster I'm excited for you. I hope I will be good at TTC. lol. I have barely done any OPK strips and not enough to figure out if I OV. I finally have my routine with prenatals and baby asprin down again.

Jane, good for you for the running. I signed up for a 5k in June so I have about 8 weeks to train, then I want to do a 10k after that. I can't imagine a half!

MLM, glad Norah is being a bit less fussy. And spot on about communication. I wonder if toddlers think we're all dum dums because we can't figure out what they want? haha

Good for you Mackjess for standing firm, getting DH on board and wanting to make the change :flower::thumbup:

Ditto what jane said! You'll be feeling better in no time! I think finding motivation is half the battle at times and it sounds like you've got that!

Been having af cramps on/off for the last week. Yesterday I did a cheapie opk and it was positive! We dtd last night so u guess I'm in the 2ww now! I'm not in a rush this time (for now!) so would be fine with a bfn this cycle :)

That's exciting bobster! Nice to be relaxed about TTC.

I did a test this month because my af started really strange, almost like the implantation bleed I had with Greg and a small part of me was disappointed with the bfn (not that we had any 'accidents' this month but I guess it was the thrill of testing lol). Needless to say my af started with a vengeance the next day!
Maybe after the run in June we'll NTNP? I think DH would be happy to give it a go! Anyway watch this space, there is no rush.

I think I might treat myself to a bugaboo buggy for #2! Expensive but beautiful!

I love bugaboo's too jane!! I don't think we will be able to get another pram as OH's so stubborn and it caused problems when I got the new pram last time. Our sola pushes really well too so I quite like it. Would love a bugaboo tjougb in the teal colour. I can't remember what pram you have? Is Greg still in his origional pushchair? Jacks outgrowing his but we still use it as we have a cheap stroller for nursery and it's awful to push!

I know the feeling of excitement when you test all too well :) I'm fine about bfn this cycle but the next one I think will be more stressful. I kind of wanted a spring or summer baby so if we conceived this month it will be January which is a rubbish month to have a birthday (I'm jan). I too have worked out all my ovulation dates in the future so you are not the only obsessed one lol! What are we like :) ntnp spunds like a good idea, although I'd still find it hard not to obsess in the 2ww. I think I'm just an obsessive kind of person when it comes to making babies. Would have loved a happy surprise but we were using withdrawal so chances were small.

Now we're officially ttc again I keep thinking of it. I even went shopping for my friends new baby which is due soon and bought my new baby a new blanket! Hope I'm not jinxing it. It's blue/green stripes. I'm thinking we will have another boy and all my friends think the same! I would be happy with either though. I'm going to get out for a jog tonight, you've inspired me!

When you are trying to build up your distance do you run/walk? At the moment I can only run for about 15-20 minutes before feeling puffed out. Any tips on how to increase my time? I already run really slowly so just very unfit :(

Also jane how often do you run a week? I wanted to try and go 4 times but it's hard to find time. And do you have the same route or mix it up? I sometimes don't know where to go so just end up going home. I live close to the city so it's fairly built up. Would love to run in the countryside if it were closer.

Mlm you are a cantouloupe! Wow! Did we decide that was a small melon?? I've still not tried one lol!

Bobster and Jane! So exciting to be TTC and NTNP again. I think we'll start June/July for sure. And I am getting that rush about it all as well for everyone. :)

Bobster, I run everyday and do the couch 2 5k program if you google that, and then they have a bridge from 5k to 10k. I was surprised that at the end of the 6 or 8 weeks or whatever I could run 3 miles easily. Of course this was all pre baby. It starts off kinda slow/easy so I am doing some days together in a row the first few weeks.

Being consistent in heading out and doing a run/walk programme have helped me build stamina and last the distance. I go out 4 days a week but each session is different on my training plan (long run, tempo run, hill repeats, speed intervals etc). Sometimes it feels like I haven't made any improvement for weeks then another session I'm shocked at how well I did. It's always a good feeling after you come home and shower.

ah bobster that's lovely that you bought something for #2 already!- did you show OH or pass it off as Jacks? I've already started thinking of names!

We are still using Gregs original buggy but I don't think it will last for #2 and where I would need to attach a buggy board for Greg to stand has gone rusty! With my savings running out I don't think we'll be getting a bugaboo though :-(
I like the look of a phil & teds double but they look so heavy and if you recline the top seat it's right in the face of the child underneath.

Did you sell your silver cross OH in laws bought you?

How is your 30 day plan going so far mackjess?

Baby fever is starting to with Kate Middleton about to pop!
I wonder if she looks at baby and bump lol

It's going well, ty Jane. Haven't started the workout part yet as we've been slammed busy. Realtor is coming over to see the house Friday. But we are doing great on tracking our food/calories. That was my biggest downfall, the takeout meals with all this going on. I even saw DH weighing himself this am, so it's nice to see he cares again. :) Hoping to do our first workout tonight.

I miss running! I need to start that this weekend in time to get ready for my 5k.

Sorry, this is a totally unrelated response... But my baby is walking now! So exciting!

Yey that is really exciting Mlm. A whole new world of adventure has opened up to Norah :thumbup: :happydance:

Yay mlm that's fantastic! They are so cute when they start walking. Like little drunk people!

6dpo and not feeling anything at all. At this point with jack I had sore boobs so think I'm out. Feel ok about it though. Mack did u get your blood resists back?

Has everyone had a good weekend?

You never know bobster, with each BFP I've had (blimey there have been 3!) each has been a little different, some with no signs and some with. But it's the first month so good you are keeping relaxed about it and I think for most of us the month we got our BFPs were the months we least expected it to happen!

I watched a bit of the London marathon on TV today, felt inspired. I'm up to 8 miles now and knees and shins are starting to niggle :nope:

Wow jane you are doing so well! Keep it up. I'm not surprised at all that you Are getting niggles. Is it worth having more of a gap between runs to let your joints/muscles rest or is that not a good idea? I bet it's lovely running when the weather is nice. I saw a bit too, They are very inspiring. They are like machines! At the end of the women's bit the finalists hardly even looked breathless !

Thanks for the reply above. I won't be sad if I get bfn but despite that I'm growing very obsessed with the unknown. Hate the 2ww as it's the suspense of not knowing rather than the actual result I atruggle with! I have about 10 pregnancy tests in my drawer which also doesn't help!

Yay for walking. It's so cute. Finn is getting tall enough to see up onto the table and some of our lower counters. It's so cute to see his face like WOW because of all the new stuff he wants to get into. lol

No bloods yet. I'm sure they are back but take a little while for the doctor to review. I'm hoping to hear something Monday or Tuesday.

Our realtor came over Friday and we came up with a plan to get our house on the market in 3 weeks. Holy smokes! We are still doing great on eating. We are packing/painting/cleaning like mad, and taking stuff over to our storage unit every few days. We have cars, no trucks, so a little at a time. I feel like I am getting my exercise in, but I want to start to try to run this week or weekend. I need to start by May 1 to get ready for the 5k. Which isn't too much, so I think I'll have time to squeeze in the 25 min runs here and there.

I have never run more than 5 miles. You go Jane!

Goodness Mackjess sounds like you have lots going on. Will you be staying in the same area?

Have you tested bobster? I know I would of by now even at only 7dpo lol.

Sounds like it's all go mackjess! It will certainly help you get fit!

Jane of course I have (sooo weak!!). I tested yesterday at 7dpo-bfn of course!

Tested again this morning and it was a stark white bfn so I'm feeling out. I got that strange shadow with jack at 8dpo. I lnow it's still early but I feel the witches presence looming (irritable, snappy, emotional and cramps). No Christmas babies for me! I really hope it doesn't take ages like last time. Maybe more bd'ing will be the plan for May.

Mack did you get your results back?

I think I didn't get a bfp til 11 dpo this time around Bobster... Which is later than I got one with both my previous pregnancies. Just saying there's always a chance!

Yes Mack, any results? You sound so busy with getting everything ready to move, ah! It is exciting though.

8 miles is so impressive to me Jane. I think the most I've ever done is a 5k!

We are going to stay in the same area. I want to get the house listed and ready and then start looking. I don't have time to house shop and house prep together. lol. Hopeflly we don't have to end up renting in between but that's OK if we do.

Bobster, I would have tested too, but it sounds like you are doing good with TTC and taking it easier. FX for you. I think it will be better this time around since we have our littles to play with. I keep meaning to do my OV and forget! It was faint yesterday but I expect a positive test (if i remember) this afternoon or tomorrow.

Got my bloodwork. I have to get the rubella shot, so no TTC for 3 months. And my Vit D was so low I'm getting a 12 week script and have to have my bloodwork again after that. Yikes. She said my blood sugar was borderline, but they are finding out Vitamin D can affect that so I hope that helps. I am kinda glad for the 3 month wait now I can get all that straightened out. I told her I started taking an OTC vitamin D along with my prenatals but she said that wouldn't be strong enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->