Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh, and she took her first steps on her own yesterday! Not walking yet, but 3 solid steps before she lost her balance. Woo hoo!

Yay Norah! It won't be long now and she'll be running!

Well I feel so annoyed with myself for going on the pill just to delay af. I have been bleeding solidly (just light spotting) for 3 weeks on Sunday which is driving me mad. I'm going to stop it today and see if I have a normal withdrawal bleed. I hope I haven't compromised ttc in May :( my cycles were so lovely and regular I wish i didn't mess with it!

You have a whole month after stopping, I'm sure you will be ok. I know the first 2-3 cycles on the pill can be crazy for some, and you won't be on it that long. FX for you come may.

This month I had a bit more regular flow, still light, but enough to use something for 2 days. So that's something. I keep forgetting to buy baby asprin! Mine was expired. Need to pick that up today.

Oh no bobster that totally sucks...hope it sorts itself out before your weekend away for OH birthday.

Hmm I'm doubting whether I should go on the pill now. If I do it would only be for 4 -6 months so not sure if it's worth it. Have an appointment with my GP in April, want to discuss all things reproduction! I'm kinda scared after 1 miscarriage, 1 ectopic and one prem baby so just want to find out what I can do in the next 6 months to get in tip top shape or if I need any tests. I'm doing well on exercise and diet so far.

How's your house prep going Mack? Have you Seen one you want to buy?

Just realized Finn will be two soon! What's his bday Mack? Maybe my LO will share his bday : )

Feeling in a good mood because the weather is sunny and warmer today, thank goodness! Can't wait to get out to the parks with Norah soon.

She can do steps btwn DH and I, I think she's up to 6 at the most. She thinks it's funny to fall though, so that's not helping things!

His bday is in July. I don't like it. I had a hard time when I started saying 20 months. You quit saying months after they turn 2, and it's just 2 years, :( How did this happen??

We are hoping to have the house on the market by Mid May. I have my OB appt tomorrow and want to ask about PCOS or metabolic syndrome. I'm active, I never sit, I play bball, take finn on walks and do dance parties with him. I only sit when I'm folding laundry. I'm a low volume eater, always have been, have problems getting enough calories in usually. This actually makes it harder and slows my metabolism down. I need to do better to eat enough and make sure it's 1200-1400 calories of good stuff, not 1,000 calories of leftover finn food and chips. heh. I'm hoping I weigh enough now my tests won't be inconclusive. I know it's weird to want to have something wrong, but if they do say it this time, maybe I'll get metformin or something to help. I weigh about 15lbs more than before I was prego.

Bobster, how is your cycle now. Calmed down I hope?

How are you Jane? I am really not feeling well. Lethargic and weighing too much so I may put TTC off til summer. I'll be 38 in August, I don't think trying then is waiting too long. Not sure what difference a few months would make and I feel so low energy right now I don't think I'd survive being pregnant with a toddler.

MLM, wow it's flying by. How is sweet Norah?

Hope everyone had a happy easter. :)

How did your appointment go mackjess, did you get chance to discuss everything that you had wanted? what did she think to PCOS and metabolic syndrome? I read the low carb diets are good for the insulin resistance.
I don't think delaying TTC until the summer will make much difference (unless your OB said otherwise!), if you feel you need that time then definitely take it.

Our 3 boys will all be 2 this year- crazy!

Pleased to report that Greg seems to have calmed down a bit (at the moment!) so feeling a bit more positive about adding to our family at some point. I think he was just so excited to be walking and independent he got a bit crazy!
Have my appointment with the GP next week so will go with a long list of questions.

How was your trip with OH bobster, did he have a nice birthday? did you stay on the pill?

Appt went well. She gave me a prescription prenatal vitamin that absorbs better then the OTC ones, so hopefully that helps with my energy/etc. Also doing full bloodwork next week. So she listened and is checking everything out so I feel good about that.

But, I saw a lot of darling pregnant bellies in the waiting room. I may be ready to try after a month on the new prenatals and baby asprin. :p

Glad to hear about Greg. They are changing and learning so much. I am always fascinated by it all. Are you still thinking about trying later this year?

So pleased you had a good appointment mackjess, makes all the difference when a doctor listens!

We are still thinking of trying from October when Greg will turn 2.

Grrrr I keep trying to reply but it's so difficult on my phone. Typed a really long message and lost it as I have clumsy fingers.

I've been reading about pcos and low gi diets, its really interesting. I have been trying it for my skin as I'm wondering if I have pcos/insulin resistance too. Jane that's great about Greg and feeling better about ttc. Jacks fine now too (for now)! It does make you less anxious I have to agree. Are you still running? I've not been for ages!

Mack hope you got some answers?

Mlm how's it going?

Afm we officially started Ttc last weekend when we went away. I finished the pill so have no idea when I will ovulate so who knows. I'm thinking after one natural af it will be easier to pinpoint ovulation again. I think I'd already o'd before we started Ttc so I'm out this month I think. Excited but also daunted about Ttc again.

Eeek bobster- back to two week waits and all of that!! Have you ordered a lot of internet cheapie tests for the POAS obsession? Do you use ovulation sticks or just track EWCM?

I saw the GP yesterday, just wanted some clarity about any extra care I should expect should I get pregnant again. TTC is still 6 months away but it was good to talk to a professional rather than consulting Dr Google! I decided not to ask for the pill in the end.

It's my birthday tomorrow and DH has bought be a Nutribullet! looking forward to having more fruit and veg this summer- my hair and nails grow so slow hope this will help them out a bit. low GI is a very good way of eating.

Still running, 8 weeks until the half marathon!

How is pregnancy different this time around mlm? do you have less time to dwell on it? is Norah touching your tummy a lot? Greg can be so rough I would be frightened he would jump on it.

Pleased to be sharing your TTC/BFP journeys again :hugs:

Glad your appt went well Mack. It's nice when the dr really listens and seems to be taking good care of you.

Bobster--- exciting news!! Fingers crossed everything is as easy as possible for you now that you have officially started ttc. So exciting.

Jane, still can't believe you're doing a half marathon. I'm so impressed. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Happy birthday to you too!

Afm, the pregnancy is going very smoothly. Norah has no idea what is going on. I've started telling her about the baby in my belly but she just is too little. I ordered my nursery furniture yesterday and picked our paint color, so that's exciting. DH started a new job with a longer commute, which will leave me getting Norah to and from daycare myself everyday. I'm a little stressed out with how the next few months are going to be and really wish I could just quit my job now. But financially it doesn't make sense to give up 12 paid weeks of mat leave. I'll figure it out though and I'm sure it will be ok!

Ps I spoke way too soon about Norah being an easy kid. She has been a beast lately with the crabbiness and temper tantrums!

Jane happy birthday to you!!! What are your plans? I hope you get spoilt. I am so impressed too about your running. I wish I were that fit! Glad you feel better since seeing the gp. Did they answer all of your questions?

Mlm don't worry i think they all go through tantrum phases and it doesn't last long although it feels like it at the time. I think it's when they get frustrated as they can't communicate properly yet. That's rubbish about hubby's longer commute. You must be very tired but hang in there as the money will be worth it in the end I'm sure. make sure you get some time to yourself on the weekend to put your feet up and rest.

Mack I'm glad your Dr was helpful. Not long at all for you now! It's so exciting isn't it. I can't wait to have a bump again. i bet Finn will love having a brother or sister too. Will you be Ttc in May still?

Afm we only dtd once unprotected and that was (I think) after ovulation so I'll be trying properly in may as planned. I get pregnancy tests from work Jane so no need to buy them. I want to get some digi opks but will wait until next month as they are sooo expensive! Already feeling slightly obsessed as keep having mild cramps but it's probably just af looming!

Have any of you ladies looked back at our original thread? I just looked at part of it from when we were Ttc and it's so weird. It doesn't seem that long ago and now we all have our beautiful babies and are thinking of starting all the madness again!

Do you think you guys will go on to have more after number 2? I think we'll stop after number 2 but I think I'll find it hard to put a halt on my broodiness when friends have babies.

2 will certainly be enough for us bobster! Ooo where do you think you are in your cycle, when is af due?

I'm starting to get a little obsessed with TTC already (even though I've got 6 months to go!) I bought some HPTs as they were on offer and have already looked at my af app to see when in October I will be ovulating! :wacko: my last two cycles have been 34 days which is great from what they were before Greg. :happydance:

Mackjess, are you feeling a bit more energetic on your prescription prenatals?

You will make it work Mlm :hugs: exciting that you have chosen the furniture etc...how are you getting on with choosing a name? Do you think you will BF again?

Not long until the second royal baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->