Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Awesome job Jane!!!! So proud of you. Love how happy you look in those pictures : )

They are lovely photographs! What an amazing achievement, well done!!! Do you think you'll do more now? I can imagine you get the bug with the adrenaline rush?

How cute does Greg look! Proud as punch :)

Glad you feel fine about bfn. It will happen when it happens. Maybe ntnp is the way forward and you may have a happy accident :)

Thanks ladies.
Here is my favourite picture, a hug from DH after I crossed the finish line and Greg asleep in his buggy.

It's tempting to sign up for another one bobster but I want to give my shins and knees a rest for a couple weeks. Have a local 10k in mind for the autumn if we're not pregnant. DH and me have officially decided to NTNP from now on.

How you feeling bobster? When are you due to O?

Mlm when did you decide that you will go on mat leave?

Awe, aren't you the 3 the cutest? You did look so happy and Greg is adorable checking out your medal. Job well done!

Congrats on NTNP. We are going to start that in August and hopefully that will work without me trying to TTC too hard. It's hard not to when you know your bodies so much better after everything. Like I have EWCM now, so good think DH is out of town. ;)

Mlm, yes, how soon is mat leave coming up? Those last few weeks are dreadful. I hope round 2 is a bit easier now you know what's coming up?

Bobster how are you feeling this month? It seems like your cycle is back on track.

Cute picture of you with your fam Jane!

I think ntnp is a good approach- less pressure if you're not wanting to chart/keep track of everything.

I'm still thinking of mat leave at 37 weeks, so 5 more weeks if I stick to that. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with stuff I need to do still. I want some time to get everything together.

I'm starting to think they are making up these fruits now.... Durian fruit?!?! What??

I replied to this a couple of days ago but I must have typed it out and not sent it. Oops!

Jane that's great about ntnp. Very exciting! Do you think you'll manage to stay relaxed now you know your cycle so well?

Mlm I have noooo idea! I preferred the old fruits and veggies although they didn't particularly go in size order all the time. Do you have a lot of Norah's olds things to use again? I remember that slightly panicky feeling in the last trimester. Hope she doesn't come early and you have lots of time when you go on maternity leave. Do ypu have a birth plan this time around? Are you nervous for the birth?

Mackjess are you feeling any better? I would t worry about diet and exercise while you are under the weather. You can soon get back on it. Are you excited for august?i wonder if you'll get pregnant straight away as it happened quickly with Finn didn't it. Have you had anymore weird bleeding?

I'm due to ovulate around the 29th so just patiently waiting now. No mid cycle spotting this month (so far) but feeling like I have a water infection and generally run down so no bd'ing yet. I bought the smiley clearblue ovulation sticks to try and pinpoint ovulation a bit easier so will start to use those next week. Otherwise no news. Poor OH is camping with the boys tonight (it's raining and miserable in the uk) so I'm looking forward to star fishing in bed and watching what I want on TV tonight (rock and roll!).

Jane did you get hubby a present for Father's Day? Have your legs recovered yet?

Is it Father's Day in the US today as well? Happy FD to your partners :flower:

That's the problem bobster, we do know our cycles well so can we ever be truly NTNP?! I don't temp or use OPKs so I guess it's not full on trying.
Hope OH kept dry in his tent bobster and that's he's back to spend FD with you and jack. Are you dtd even though you haven't got smiley faces? I'd definitely do it a coupe of times before you think you're going to O even if the sticks don't show it yet.

DH got cuff links and a daddy and me book for him and Greg to do together.

Legs all good thanks!

What is a Dorian fruit? Their last version wouldn't change for ages so guess they're scraping the barrel and being inventive!

Do you need to do any work to the new place mackjess?

Aww that's a good idea getting them something they can do together. Dan got Lego so technically they can play with that together but in a few years as the pieces are too small right now. He's obsessed with Lego haha!

I'm dtd every 3-4 days. Doing cheap opks but it's only a faint line so far, not due to ovulate until the 29th so it's a bit early yet. Yes my plan is to dtd before I get a smiley as up until now I think we've only dtd once on the day of ovulation.

It's hard because my OH's sex drive goes up and down so at the moment it's up but it may go down at fertile time. I might just tell him when I'm fertile this time round though so he knows he has to make an effort.

I think you'll be more relaxed this time if you try not to think about o and just dtd when you feel like it. It's the dreaded 2ww i find stressful as I can't help but analyse every twinge! Your hub obviously has good swimmers as they survived for 5 days last time so you may get away with less bd in the ovulation week.

I'm sooo tired today, Jack was a bit unsettled last night and I'm just about to go to work. Need some match sticks!

Sounds like you have all bases covered bobster. I hope you have a good day at work. What was up with jack? Usually he sleeps well? Greg has only just started sleeping through every night but he's an early riser even when his room is pitch dark.

We don't dtd enough, only twice this month- we're both tired, up at 5am everyday. The want is there just not the time :nope: might be easier if our OHs masturbated in to a cup and we do it ourselves lol.

I think it will be a long journey for me, I only get ovulation pains from one side every month and that's the side that the tube is now missing. I read that ovulation doesn't always alternate side. The remaining tube can sometimes do the work of both sides but not every month so my chances are 30% lower then they were before and now I'm pushing 35 when fertility goes down anyway....oh well we'll see what happens....

Jane if it's any reassurance the month I had my (query) ectopic I was sure I ovulated from the left as I felt pains there but when they scanned me they said it was definitely from the right as they looked at my ovary. I was so shocked as felt sure it was the other side. I now think that the pains I felt were probably the follicles growing as they do that on both sides and then the most mature one pops so maybe we don't ever really know which side it pops from. It may take a but longer but it may not if it happens to be from the other side. I wouldn't worry about your age either as at 35 you will still have loads of healthy eggs waiting to meet those swimmers.

I too think that would be much easier! It would take all the effort out of it haha! I said the my OH the other night I just wanted to use him for sperm depositing and no faffing around (joking) and he seemed to like it! We did it 2 days in a row which is a lot for us haha! Maybe it turns him on or maybe he is just impatient for baby no.2 who knows??? Either way I will try it again when I actually am ovulating!

Have you been to any more naughty boys classes? Any tips? Does anyone else feel like they spend their days tidying up the same toys about 20 times? Our house looks like we've been burgled as I'm too tired to try and be tidy anymore !

Thanks so much bobster, that makes me feel a lot better.

Skipping the foreplay certainly suits me sometimes :winkwink:
I see 50 shades of grey film is out on DVD!

I've done two sessions of the boys course now and I think in those two weeks we've had a big improvement in his behaviour. We've been taught 17 techniques and it's overwhelming and lots of theory behind it so If you google descriptive praise, low and slow, touch and talk, fountain of needs that's a pretty good start. We are following a course called 'boys developmental project' by Trevor Lloyd and I reckon they'll be plenty of info online.

Oooh thabks for the tips jane I will definitely check those theories out! That's great that they are already being useful after 2 sessions. Have you met some other mums through it?

I'm going to have to get to googling! Diaper changes and coming inside are a nightmare with Finn. And you know he does all this for the teachers without issues at daycare. Little turd! :)

Lol jack is a little turd for me too sometimes. I think they copy each other and want to impress the nursery staff but they like to test us mummies!

Greg really pushes the boundaries sometimes and the techniques take time and patience which I don't always have but generally I do feel better equipped to deal with his behaviour.
The class advises not to repeat commands but to say "what did mummy ask you to do?" this is meant to help them think for themselves by forming a picture in their mind and a boys brain reacts better to this. I often have to repeat this and finally he gets it. You need to put your teacher face on too!

How are your OPKs going bobster, smiley faces/darker lines approaching for the 29th?

Yes darker today and full tummy/twinges so hopeful for O on Monday. Dtd today but probably won't get chance tomorrow so will try to squeeze one in on Sunday.

What about you? Where are you in your cycle?

I will try to say that next time jack plays up! I'm rubbish at the teacher face sometimes. His cheeky face makes me smile :)

Positive opk today. Jacks unwell and slept terribly last night so I'm doubtful we'll bd today but we did bd yesterday. I wonder how long you o after positive opk?

If it's 2 days that would put me at cd 20 which is about right. I hope OHs sperm stay alive from 3 days before o but not feeling too positive about it. We'll try bd Sunday

I'm unsure about how soon you o after positive OPKs and the ovulation pain but I'm sure your DH sperm is happy in there. Sending you positive fertility vibes bobster! Have you got more EWCM then you got last cycle?

Taking a while to get Greg off to bed, I think it's the heat. I've got a fever, d&v and on af so feeling pretty rotten, groan.

Hehe gregs cheeky face makes it hard for me to do teacher face too!

Hope jack gets better soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->