Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Ladies I am right there with ya on worry about #2. I did enjoy the newborn stage with Finn a lot, but everything else with sister/DH/work was total crap. lol

Bobster, I'm sorry about your feeling blue. I worry about how I will be when TTC this time. I was such a roller coaster and I was lucky and got prego 2 cycles after the MC. I honestly don't know how I'll do. I'm afraid I'll be more stressed and tired since I am stretched thin from responsibilities now. Hang in there. I'm sure once you do get your BFP it will feel like it wasn't that long at all of a wait.

How are you doing today Bobster. Did you make up with OH?

DH has come down with man flu so doubt we'll be dtd but thats ok and glad the decision has been taken out of my hands. I'm just not ready this month.

I'll be right with you next month bobster (and mackjess too- think you said you are starting in August?

Are you taking much time off during your house move? very exciting.

Thanks mack I'm hoping you're right. I think af hormones make me feel a bit negative and hopefully once she's started I'll snap out of it.

It helps to know that others have similar anxieties about having another baby. Some people just don't show them/discuss them at all and it makes me doubt whether what I feel is normal! Despite not enjoying the newborn stage I am really looking forward to introducing another little person into our family and very excited about it :)

I'm 11dpo today so just waiting for Saturday for af to arrive and then I can move on from this awful 2ww. Have any of you tried preseed? I can't remember now

Bobster, I used preseed for all 3 bfps. So I think it's great and definitely recommend it!

Well af came 1 day early yesterday so I'm cd 2 today. I think I'm in for the long haul this time again! But they will be worth the wait just as jack was.

I might have a go at smep this cycle and buy some preseed. I'm just not sure OH could keep up with bd'ing so much... Will think about preseed too as I'm definitely not getting as much ewcm since ttc. I wonder if it tied into losing a bit of weight. I've lost about 16lb al together but quite slowly over a few months.

How is everyone else?

Mlm 28 days to go!!! I can't believe how quickly it's gone! How are you feeling? Have you got much more to do for babies arrival? Can't wait to hear your news! Hope you drop by on here after babies born to keep us updated.

Mack you must be so busy and tired with working, moving and Finn. I bet all the distractions will help you ttc easier as you won't have time to obsess!

Jane is hubby still unwell? Glad the decision was made for you this cycle. Are you doing much this weekend? Will you still ntnp in august or will you actively try a bit more around o?

I swear by smep and preseed, although I agree that smep can be exhausting. I don't think we ever followed it exactly, because it was just too much, but basically did the every other day, plus day of O. But I'm also very impatient and not good at being relaxed about ttc 😀

I'm feeling as well as can be expected. Thankfully no issues out of the ordinary at this point. I have been getting a lot of Braxton hicks contractions, which have me hopeful that this baby will be a little early. Hopefully just not late like Norah was! This past week was my last at work so now I can finish up the nursery, get clothes washed and sorted, and get my hospital bag together. I think that's all I have left to do.

Yay mlm it sounds like you are well organised now. One of my friends was 2 weeks late with her first and her second came on time so fingers crossed for you. It must be lovely getting out all your newborn clothes again. I was stupid and gave a lot of jacks newborn stuff away as it felt like ages until we'd be Ttc again. I wish I'd kept it now as time has flown by. We've kept clothes from 6-9 months onwards though.

It's so exciting! I can't believe you're going to have your second baby probably in the next 4 weeks! Do you think you're going to have another epidural? Any different plans for the actual birth? Is your bump huge now?? So many questions sorry I'm just very excited for you :)

Aw that stinks that you gave your baby clothes away. Hopefully your friends will give you some back so you don't have to buy all new stuff.

The only thing I'm thinking different for my birth plan is that I hope to go into labor naturally instead of being induced. I will for sure get an epidural, it was amazing last time. Did any of you ladies go drug free? I can't remember your labor/birth stories anymore!

I'm so excited for you too Mlm. Can't wait to hear all about the new lady in your life once she gets here. I hope you'll have time to come on here and update us.
Of my 10 hour labour I was able to go drug free until the last 4 hours when I used gas and air- if it went on for any longer I would have needed something stronger! It's strange they don't use gas and air much in the US, I wonder why? I've heard induction makes it more painful though so I don't blame you for having an epidural!
I've got the name Megan in my head for some reason- have I gone all psychic, is that one of your name choices? Lol

DH is much better thanks Bobster and I think I've missed my chance this month now and I am disappointed. I do want this but my whole fear of coping with 2 overshadows my want to try again.
These days we only dtd about twice a month so I think we will have to try properly and time things better otherwise it just won't happen doing NTNP.
Please that af has come and you can look ahead to the next cycle now.
There's no way we could do SMEP.
Oh that's sad you don't have the newborn clothes bobster. I have them all although some are pretty stained looking from vomit no matter how well they were washed!
Will be super fun for you to buy new ones though and maybe in pink next time!

I'm so excited for you too Mlm. Can't wait to hear all about the new lady in your life once she gets here. I hope you'll have time to come on here and update us.
Of my 10 hour labour I was able to go drug free until the last 4 hours when I used gas and air- if it went on for any longer I would have needed something stronger! It's strange they don't use gas and air much in the US, I wonder why? I've heard induction makes it more painful though so I don't blame you for having an epidural!
I've got the name Megan in my head for some reason- have I gone all psychic, is that one of your name choices? Lol!

I don't know why we don't do gas/air here... I'm not even really sure what that does to be honest.

That is my name Jane, haha! I will not be naming my daughter after myself though 😀

Haha is it really! I do like your name, will keep it on my list of girls names for future use :winkwink:

Happy maternity leave! Can't believe you don't have your hospital bag packed already! After what happened with Greg I'm having that sucker packed from like 25 weeks! Hope you get a chance to do all you need.

Gas and air makes you feel really drunk and silly but is gone in an instant so you got to keep sucking on that tube! Really took the edge off my pain.

We dtd last night. I had some EWCM the previous day and in the morning but think I have missed the boat this cycle...guess we'll see in two weeks time!

Mlm I too had gas and air and also some pethidine. I got really sick and out of it on that though so going to try and give it a miss next time and stick to gas and air. The only reason I don't want an epidural is because the needle makes me feel sick. You wouldn't think I was a nurse! I'm fine giving needles but not taking them haha. I would also like to try a water birth.

Jane it sounds like you are in with a good shot this cycle. Since tracking my cycles I have realised that I think I o the day after or the day of my ewcm so maybe it's the same for you. I think your hubby has supr sperm too so you never know! Good luck for the 2ww.

Some of jacks clothes are in a bad way too! I've kept his older clothes because I'm convinced we'll be having another blue bundle next time. I've even picked my name- Oscar James I think! I'm soooo impatient now

P.s. I don't think we have a chance of doing smep either Jane. We hardly ever dtd either. Need to step it up as had max 2 attempts in the fertile period since we've been Ttc this time. I think I may start dtd every 3rd day after af so it's not as difficult as smep but still regular

I like your name choice bobster. For my next one I was thinking of James for a first name :thumbup:

I'm 4dpo and feeling quite positive but it could all be in my head! I know it would have not implanted yet but I just feel different.
Going to hold out until 8 or 9dpo to test (Monday/Tuesday next week). Feeling hopeful!

Lol bobster not sure about DH super sperm but he cycles a lot and I'm worried his damaging those little guys!

What cd are you bobster?

Are you excited for Finns birthday mackjess?

P.s bobster I'm thinking about a home water birth for next time!

I love the name James as well, very classic. If I had a boy we liked Benjamin. I also liked Sam or Max but DH vetoed them. Not that I need a boy name though, I'm pretty sure we will be done with 2!

I can't wait for you ladies to get your Bfps! I know it will be soon for the next one in the group, so exciting. How cool that we all started here with no kids, now we all have toddlers and are talking about baby #2. Wow, time flies.

Oh Jane that's great that you are excited in this 2ww. I was worried you wouldn't feel ready. I'm so glad we are Ttc together again. I hope you get a BFP, we do need another one!

I'm only on cd 7 I think and don't ovulate until cd 18-20 so enjoying this time not thinking about it much. It's when I start getting to cd 15 onwards that the stress begins! I wish I wasn't such a stress head about it but can't seem to help the obsessing. I'm just going to be as much as I can.

One of our friends has just told us she's expecting. She's only 6 weeks so not announced it yet. I'm so happy for her as she's been trying since Christmas.

You are so brave to have a home birth Jane! I like the idea but would be far too scared. Are you taking prenatals Jane? I love the name James too.

Mlm i think we'll definitely stop after 2 too! I was some of my freedom back when they're older.

How many do you want Jane and mack?

This 2ww has certainly made me realise how much I want this.
When I thought we had missed our chance this cycle and then I had ovulation pains from my good side and plenty of EWCM (both of which I never seem to get) I was really disappointed that we didn't take the chance. Then DH got better and we dtd, being in the 2ww now I am excited and do feel ready. I am glad we are doing this together bobster :hugs:

2 is certainly our limit so I want to enjoy my next pregnancy and birth and hope I don't miss out on those special early day bonding moments that I didn't get with Greg- like lying him on my chest when he was first born, breastfeed more and trying a water birth. But we'll see, these things never go to plan do they!

I've got a feeling my next one will be a girl but if we have a boy we really like the name Toby James.

I think you'll have a girl too. Do you have a preference? Are you still thinking Sophie for a girl?

I'm feeling strongly that I'll have another boy. I would be happy with either but I think OH would prefer a girl to experience one of each. I kind of feel comfortable with boys now and would love Jack to have a brother but on the other hand it would be nice to have an even number in the family and have a different experience with a girl. I never got on with my brother when I was younger but don't know if that was just because I was 4 years younger or if it was because of boy/girl siblings.

OH has a lot of boys on his fathers side of the family. Apparently it can depend on when you have sex in relation to ovulation. I started a thread during my last 2ww on here and some lady was trying for a girl so was timing her bd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->