Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

I have read about people 'swaying' for a boy or girl.
DH and I would prefer another boy but I have a gut feeling next one will be a girl- but hey as long as she's healthy it's all good.
I too am closer to my sister then my brother-I think we just have more in common and can moan about partners and periods lol.

Sophie Amelia is our first choice for a girl but both names are so popular in the UK (they were both in the top spot for a couple years) I think we will end up choosing something else thats not as common as these.

5dpo today. still getting mild cramps like af is coming and have wet milky/lotion cm. Feeling a bit wiped out but have caught gregs viral tonsillitis and that's making me feel rubbish :wacko:
Can't wait to test!

I was reading the info on FRER test box and at 8dpo it is 62% accurate, And at 9dpo is 78% accurate. That's pretty good! 3 days before I test!

Yay!!! I love those names too. Sophie was my first choice for a long time but now I like lily but again it's so popular I'm not sure. I don't know why I have a strong feeling we'll have another boy. I think OH really wants a girl, he keeps saying that he has a strong feeling we'll have a girl next but I think I'm a boy mum now.. We'll see.

I have a good feeling for you jane. I had increased cm and af type cramps with jack from early on. Cramps were my main difference between other cycles.

I really hope this is our month! Mine will be august as O right at the end of July. Seems ages away!

Happy birthday to Finn!!!! Hope he (and you) have so much fun celebrating Mack!

Oh sorry Mack I thought it was next week...happy 2nd birthday Finn.
Good luck for the move next week you guys.x

I'm symptom spotting so badly I'm driving myself insane. It's stupid really as with all 3 of my BFPs I've never really had any notable symptoms in the 2WW. 6 dpo and trying to stay hopeful. Thankfully Greg is keeping me distracted but it's always there in the back of my mind- urgh I'm with you bobster, hate the not knowing.

Sorry mack, belated happy birthday to Finn! What have you been up to to celebrate? I can't believe how fast that 2 years has gone!

Can't believe we've all been chatting on here for over 2 years too!

Jane I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! Its so hard not to think about it isn't it?! You could have implantation anytime now if you caught the egg. What symptoms are you having? Will you test at 8dpo? It's sooo early, I would try to wait a bit later if you can (total hypocrite I know)

Is it just me because I'm squinting on my phone or does mlm's melon look like a cucumber?!

Wow 2 years has really flown.

I'm such an idiot, tested this morning at 7dpo and of course was BFN. Probably hasn't even implanted yet (if I caught it)! There's something about ttc that makes me irrational!
Will try and hold out until 10dpo now as don't want to waste my FRER.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Jane font worry I think it makes a lot of people irrational. I always start at 7dpo too and wonder why I'm doing it even as I'm peeing on the stick. Pound shop do 2 tests for a quid if you are desperate but don't want to waste money x

I'm cd 11 and getting very impatient to start dtd!

Will try those £ shop tests bobster thanks. I didn't want to order the internet cheapies that's I used when trying for Greg as they're so bad for evaps but will give these ones a try.

8dpo and feeling out- no symptoms at all and feeling quite down like I get when af is due.

Jane I'm sorry to hear that but fingers crossed that its still too early. With jack I had a stark white bfn at 7dpo and then at 8dpo in the evening I got that very strange shadow but I had to squint for ages to see it.

Superdrug tests are really good, quite cheap and very sensitive. They are the ones I got the shadow line on. My work ones were still bfn at 8dpo.

I think you're still in the running jane but sometimes 'you just know' af is coming :( Have you tested again?

Thanks bobster. Will get some in for next cycle.

Yes tested this morning at 9dpo and bfn.

I know there is still a chance and I'm not out yet but I do feel out so don't think I'll test again and will wait for af.

Looks like I didn't need to worry about trying a month earlier! I am very disappointed- has made me realise how much I do want this despite how much I protest.

Here's to an august BFP for you and I bobster!

Yes Jane here-here to that! I really want it too.

The last 3 cycles I've developed BV (bacterial vaginosis) on cd 10 and needed to use rephresh to get my ph back down. It's awful! I've also taken some antibiotics for it each month. It's really getting me down as I hardly ever got it before. I just don't know why it's happening and I've read it can reduce your chances of conception :(

Just done an opk and it's no where near positive yet which is good so I'm hoping it clears up before ovulation. Its putting me off sex as I'm so paranoid about smelling weird. Poor OH is being really nice about it though and we are still dtd. I get really put off by it to the point of stopping sex half way through in the last 2 cycles. BV is basically when your ph gets out of whack and your numbers of healthy bacteria fall which creates an imbalance in the vagina and symptoms like a thinner discharge and funky odour. They don't really know what causes it and it can't be passed to partners.

Have you ever had it? I've read about yogurt soaked tampons being good for some people but it's a bit yuk. At the moment I'm willing to try anything though. I just hope it goes away in time :(

You are still very early so I still have hope for you this month but I know the feeling well when you get disappointed. If you can try to leave the tests and wait for af due date. On a plus note if it's not this month you are a month closer to your BFP (hopefully in August with me)!

Plus Jane you didn't dtd much this cycle if I remember correctly so chances may be a bit smaller. Maybe dtd much more and particularly before predicted O next month. That's my plan this cycle.. Although I did that last cycle and nothing (sigh).

Mack are you Ttc next month too? It will be nice going through it again with you gals, and we get a new baby in the group to coo over and make us try even harder with our dtd efforts! Can't wait to hear your news mlm very soon! X

Hi all. Bobster, yes I've had problems with BVs before. I started making sure I eat greek yogurt daily and take a good probiotic. My former boss recommended this one to me after Finn started daycare. He said it helped him and his wife a lot with frequent colds etc, and they felt better overall. I switched to it about a year ago and really like it. It seems to work better than cheapies I was buying at the drugstore.

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Ultimate-Probiotic-Capsules/dp/B000GWG8FS/

Mlm, how are you feeling?

Jane, I'll be TTC again in Sept. I'm supposed to wait 3 months after my vaccine so I build immunity, and that would be in August, so I want to make sure it's effective. I OV pretty early in the month, so barely over a month til I try in Sept. Eek.

Moving Thursday. Finn had a lovely birthday yesterday. I'll make his album public on FB for a bit if you want to take a peep.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...201.1073741844.1368587884&type=1&l=699ef1f491

9dpo is still early, but as you've said, sometimes you do just know. I think it's kinda cool that you ladies are both ttc at the same time. Maybe you will get bfps at the same time too!

Thanks for sharing the pics Mack! Love the Mickey Mouse/Goofy theme. That first picture of Finn in the wagon is adorable!! Such a cute little boy.

Afm, I'm ready for this little lady any time! I'm at 2cm and 50-60% effaced, and her head is super low. I'm optimistic those are good signs that she will come soon, but you really never know. I spent a few hours in Labor and Delivery yesterday, but everything is fine and no signs of baby just yet. I've been cramping and have had a lot of contractions for a while now too, which I guess happens with second babies. I'm getting pretty excited too 😀

Mackjess Finn is just gorgeous! What lovely pictures. I bet he loved all the fuss and attention :) did he figure out how to unwrap his presents quickly? He's changed so much since last time we saw pictures.

Mlm oh my god how exciting!! It's sounds like it's progressing and hopefully this means you are well on the way to having her before or on your due date!! So exciting! I can't wait to hear your news, it's so exciting!!! You are soon going to be a mum of 2! Bonkers :) x

Jane how are you doing? Are you managing to keep distracted a bit since your test this morning? Are you doing that thing where you keep looking at your test imaging lines or us that just me haha?!

Afm- I'm feeling a bit glum today. Me and OH are so busy all the time working or taking it in turns with childcare that I feel like we haven't had any quality time for ages. If we have the odd day off together u just feel shattered. I'm looking forward to a week in the sun as a family in October.

Jacks so full of energy all the time and because I'm on my own with him a lot it's so tiring keeping him entertained all day long when I have a million other jobs to do before I go back to work. Shouldn't moan as I know it's just normal I just really feel ready for a break!

I think we can all probably relate to how you're feeling bobster! As much as we love these little ones, they are a LOT of work!! You definitely deserve a vacation to relax. Any chance you can get someone to watch Jack so you and OH can sneak in a date night before October? I think even just getting out for dinner just the two of you might be nice?

What a handsome little chap Finn is! looks like he had an enjoyable day- I bet he slept very well that night!! I like the cake.
Good luck for the move tomorrow- hope it's not too stressful.
Not long until you are joining us on the TTC rollercoaster Mack!

Eeeek bobster the BV sounds horrible. Maybe it's where you are run down? Where did you book for October? Barcelona? will you be away for Jacks birthday? I feel the same as you bobster, there just seems a distance between DH and I, we have discussed it so I know we are all good it's just hard when everything is focused on your boy.

mlm this is so exciting! Very good signs that she will be on time! I'm looking forward to hearing your birth story and how Norah reacts to having a sister!

10 dpo and haven't tested. Went out last night and had 1 glass of wine and then felt really nauseous in the taxi on the way home. Don't think there is anything in it though- I suspect I will end up doing one more test before af is due knowing me.

yes we only dtd once in the fertile window so must up the effort next cycle. Haha bobster, it's not just you- I always get them back out the bin and have another look!

Yes it's good to know others have the sane feelings. I wouldn't swap my life for the world but you know how it is. We're hoong to ask dans mum if she'll have him overnight at some point soon to give us some couple time.

Jane how are you doing now? Have you resisted testing? I wonder if you actually ovulated a bit later than you thought so that's why it was bfn earlier? How are uou estimating o day?

Mlm any more signs?

Mack are you feeling excited for ttc soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->