Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

MLM-baby watch here. How are you feeling? :)

Jane- SMEP IS exhausting. But, I got my BFPs from early BD too I think so it sounds like you got it covered. When we were trying to TTC last time I'd sometimes miss the window after getting positive OPKs, but I was always relieved by the OPK anyway. I'm sure it will be much harder to try to SMEP now!! I'm tired a lot, and I know if I initiate something DH will know why I'm doing it, and then he'll have trouble too. Something about him thinking about that puts too much pressure on him. We only need you for one thing guys, man up!! Then we do all the work. ;)

Bobster, how are you feeling this cycle? Yay for a happy face. I'm going to OPK this month too dang it. I hope the meds are helping. It's so uncomfortable. I had issues with that after Finn. I think my hormones were still a mess and BF had me wrangled for quite some time.

AFM. Just finishing AF. Settling in the new house and I do love it here. Several family members have asked about us having so much extra room. I've let on like we haven't thought about another baby just because you never know. I'll be 38 in a few weeks, I am positive about things but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Or have to explain anything if TTC takes awhile. People can be so nosy! :)

So exciting to be in your new house Mack! I'm sure Finn likes having the extra space to play around in. Glad you are enjoying it.

I had a doctors appointment this morning. I'm at 3.5 cm, and she could feel the water sack. Crazy. She did a membrane sweep as well. The doctor thinks I will have the baby within a week, but you never know! At least if I do go over, it would be an easy induction. Since the sweep and hearing how I'm progressing, I'm just sitting here waiting to go into labor! Getting a little nervous!

Eeek Mlm, so close- looking forward to hearing updates!

Lol mackjess, people really are nosy- I had two people ask me the same thing last week. I'm just finishing af as well. What cd do you normally ovulate?- perhaps we'll be in the 2WW together this month.

How you doing bobster at the start of the 2ww?

According to my tracker, I should OV on the 13th. It seems I'm usually a couple days later than the tracker, but I start doing the OPKs about 4 days before and and usually get a positive near that.

She's here! Audrey was born about 5 hours ago : )

Omg that was crazy. Got to the hospital around 3:30, baby was born at 5:30. No time to get the IV in, so no epidural. Totally medication free! While it was pretty painful, I will say that I feel so much better post delivery than I did last time. Ok time to snuggle the little one now : )

Just wonderful Mlm, congratulations!
That's was super quick!...and a beautiful name choice.

Did you labour at home for a long time? How are DH and Norah?

You are hard core going med free. Get some rest super mamma. :flower:

:happydance: Woooooo! Well done mlm!!! Fabulous news!!!! Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy these precious moments :) :) :) and absolutely beautiful name !!!!

OMG MLM that really snuck up on you! Congrats. I do love the name as well.

How are you and family doing mlm, is it strange now being a family of 4?

How is the 2ww going bobster?

Mackjess this could be your month too!

Very exciting with all 3 of us back in the game. I'm on cd 9 so a while to go yet. Have started the cheapy opks, it's still early but i wanted to get to grips with what a negative looks like.

Have a good weekend all.

I'm 6 fool and so far no symptoms so not feeling confident. I'm already looking towards my next ovulation plan which is to starve OH of sex until my positive opk and then go for it. I'm sick of wasting positive opk day because he's tired out. Mack I'm totally with you on feeling miffed that that's the only job they have to do when they can't manage it! It's so frustrating!!

Jane great idea to do opk's most of your cycle to see the difference. Mine always have a faint line until the day before or the day of positive. It's usually about the sane colour as the control line but never gets darker than it, and I always confirm with a smiley.

Mack I hope your bfp is as quick as it was ater mc for you.

Mlm I hope you are ok and recovering after the birth. I
Bet it's so weird having 2 children :) it's so lovely

Even with no symptoms I am hopeful for you bobster. With 2 BFPs I had no symptoms (until after 5 weeks) and they were the cycles I least thought possible. Last cycle I had so many symptoms and was convinced I had a good chance and was so very wrong. Please don't lose hope.

Thanks for info about the opks, was wondering if the faint lines were normal. Will pick up the smiley face ones today for confirming like you do.
I like using the cheapies, it helps full fill my POAS obsession!

Been thinking of you mlm and how it's going.

GL with your tww and bd'ing ladies!

So far having two at home isn't too hard, but dh is off work and both of our parents have come by to spend a lot of time with Norah. We go to our normal schedule next week, which I'm nervous about. Norah can be a handful. It's funny, but now I'm wondering why it was so hard bringing Norah home- just one baby seems so easy in retrospect!

Here's a pic of my girls!

Audrey is very sleepy still. Basically eats then sleeps all day. Norah is warming up and likes to kiss her sisters head and hold her (with our help of course!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
Beautiful Mlm! A heart warming picture :flower:
Does Audrey look similar to when Norah she was a new born?

Good to know so far so good! I'm hoping the benefit of experience is a great help second time around.

Are you breastfeeding/expressing? You getting much sleep

Sorry so many questions.

How are you doing bobster, when will you test? I'm cd 12 so have some time to go yet :coffee:

OK that is the sweetest picture! Beautiful little girls you have. Glad you and the family are doing so well. How has sleep been?

So I am breastfeeding - I decided to nurse during the day, and pump once at night while DH gives her a bottle before bed. I'm thinking that she will eat a little more with the bottle and hopefully be fuller and sleep a little better. Plus it's nice to have a bottle available just in case I need someone else to feed her for whatever reason. I may move towards pumping more though after a few weeks or so. Breast feeding has been fine, no issues aside from a little soreness in my nipples.

I'm having a hard time getting Audrey to sleep in her bassinet at night. She's been wanting to sleep while being held at night, which doesn't work well when I want to sleep too! During the day she will sleep fine in the bassinet though so I'm not sure why that is. Any ideas?

Aww mlm they are both so gorgeous. What a lovely family you have. Do you think she sleeps during the day in her basket because of the background noise? She'll be so used to all the noises in your tummy that maybe the quiet of night wakes her up. Just an idea but why don't you try an app of womb sounds or some kind of background noise and see if that helps?

I succumbed and took a test today at 8dpo. I don't feel like this is my month as no symptoms to speak of but I'm sure I see something on the test where the line should be. I know I got that nasty evap a few cycles ago though so I'm not holding out much hope. Can you see anything or is my mind playing tricks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 10
I think it was in my head as I retested and bfn.. Oh well

Bobster I think I see something very faint. I'm on my phone so is very small. Definitely test again the next couple days with FMU.

Mlm we used to warm up the sheets a bit with a hot water bottle so he wasn't going from warm arms to a cold mattress- but it was winter so not sure how applicable this is to you in the summer.

Bobster, definitely test again in a day or two... I think I may see something there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->