Multiple IVF failures...what now?

Oneof - $20K is steep! That said, if it gives you your baby its totally worth it! Thats really frustrating that your current RE didn't have much to say. Good luck with gluten free...is that supposed to help fertility?

I think I may be over-estimating, but its not cheap. I agree if it give me my baby, it'll totally be worth it.

I did read that gluten free can assist with fertility. My DH thinks I am crazy because I try something new each month. This month I am also going to take the recommended herbs my accupuncturist is giving me.

20K is pricy! BUT I've shelled out way more than that paying full price for 3 ICSI cycles and one FET and soon to be another FET... BUT I dont care how much $$ I spend :) I would go through a 4th cycle if RE thought that was the key! (Believe me though I am seriously asking for a discounted cycle!! Worst they can say is no!!)

Sorry to say I'm joining you again. :(. Scan yesterday showed nothing in my uterus. Beta today barely changed from Monday. We have an apt with the dr tomorrow to see what happens next.

I agree Mobaby, I will keep going until someone tells me to stop. How are you holding up?

Lucie, I'm so sorry you have to join us. I know there are no words to comfort you. Hopefully the doctor will have some insight for you tomorrow.

Lucie - So sorry to hear your news. Hopefully your doctor can give you some insight into what happened and the best way to move forward. How are you feeling?

MoBaby - Do you know when you'll do your FET? Does your doctor have any answers for you regarding RPL? I'm in awe of your strength...you are truly a warrior woman!

Oneof - I'm interested to hear what the second opinion says. If my 3rd cycle fails, I'm considering travelling to either Cornell or CCRM in Colorado. Good luck with the gluten free...its definitely worth a shot!

Lucie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you start to feel a bit better.

MoBaby, great to hear that you're already thinking about your next FET. You really are a warrior woman!

Oneof, good luck at your consult today. Looking forward to hearing what the doctor recommends.

Goodness I guess I did wake this thread up. Now I have to catch up! :haha:

Lucie, so sorry to hear you have go through this. There truly are no words for the grief of this loss. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Oneof, hope your consult goes well today..let us know. I too agree the expense is crazy when your in a shitty insurance doesn't cover infertility state! We had to pay $22K for a shared risk program giving us up to 6 fresh cycles. This of course doesn't include the cost of meds. Plus the iui's and few tests that weren't covered. It's just ridiculous, but somehow you find a way. Oh and FYI for those who don't know. My clinic informed us that there's a write off for medical when you do your tax return. I think it's if you've spent 10% of your household income on medical services you can write it off. Make sure to check it out! They said you can also include mileage in as well.

Mo I would hope your clinic will help you out with a discount or some sample meds. Good for you for being so strong and pushing on girl!

Whatthe, Joe are you feeling girl? Ready to get the catheter out I'm sure! Oh the things we do..

Afm, endo biopsy done and over with tg. And tomorrow's my last day of bcp!! :happydance: I can't stand the pill they put me on. I feel like I have no patience and everyone irritates the living crap out of me!!

L4, I did hear that about the tax write off for treatment and I will be looking into it. I am glad your biopsy went well.

AFM, I had my consult with Dr. Davis at Cornell. First off I have to say he is so down to earth, knowledgeable and in his words "optimisic by nature" which is great for me who needs a little optimism. He had my chart reviewed prior to us meeting and already had a recommended protocol in mind and was on time. He wants to stay on the same meds and dosage as my previous cycle (minus lupron) I would start on day 2 of my cycle. Without saying it, I believe he thinks that i may have been over-suppressed. He also wants to give me another HSG (Last one I had way July 2011) to be sure there is no blockage in the tubes, he said that believe it or not that can negatively affect the IVF outcome (who knew). So I go in for that next Wednesday. He talked about the lab and how they choose embyro's. They are able to detect which embryo's are best by doing time lapse on them. Bascially they dont take them out daily and look, they look at the time-lapse video and they can tell which embyro's will make it to day 5, even with a day 3 transfer, which they only do with Co-culture. Co-culture is when they biopsy the uterine lining the month prior to IVF and they freeze the tissue. During EC, they defrost the tissue and use that in with the embryo to help it grow so when they do the tranfer, the embryo will adapt better in that environment. Sorry if I am not explaining it correctly, I just got into work and I am rushing! He allso did sono and said my AFC was good, didnt say what it was.

The pricing is not as bad as I thought, $11,000.00 with the IVF and co-culture. If they decide to do ICSI & AH, obviously that is more.

I am super happy with Dr. Davis' energy and with the office in general.

Whatthe, I am really TRYING with the gluten free, but this weekend will be a true test!

Oneof - Your appointment sounds like it went really well. The co-culture thing is really interesting! $11K isn't that much more than other clinics either...do you think you're going to use Dr. Davis? Interestingly enough I called them today to try to set up an appointment in case this next cycle fails and apparently they don't take insurance at all. I don't know if thats better or worse for someone like me who has decent insurance, but has used up my $30K infertility max with my 3 IVFs. My meds are still covered though so I'm trying to figure out how that would work. Anyway, I hope you're feeling encouraged!

L4 - Thats exciting you're almost finished with BCPs. I hate those things too.

AFM, still dealing with this catheter...its more irritating than anything else. :growlmad:

Whatthe, they do take insurance at the center. So for example my insurance Cigna, is accepted and if I had IVF coverage available it would have been covered. Dr. Davis himself does not accept any insurance, so my consult today was OOP and my HSG will also be OOP, and my pregnancy sono's will be OOP (as Dr. Davis performs those himself). It is a little confusing, but if you have infertility coverage and the clinic accepts your insurance, then its covered.

I will be doing IVF with Dr. Davis, if all is well with my b/w they took today. For the first time in this dreadful process, I am feeling very encouraged.

Oneof - Thanks for the clarification. I have Cigna too, but once I complete this next cycle I'll be out of infertility coverage so I guess everything except for meds will be OOP no matter where I cycle. I'm so glad you're feeling encouraged, when will you begin your cycle?

Oneof, I'm glad you're feeling hopeful again. It's so important to be able to still have hope that this will work. We are just the tricky patients who can't get it on the first try. We just try try again and eventually we will succeed!

Whatthe, same here with my insurance, I only had $10,000 lifetime for IVF. They do cover my meds also, which is a huge help!! We are aiming for March.

L4. It is a nice feeling to have hope again. Yes, we are tricky patients. I really do hope the 3rd time is a charm for me, I seriously dont know how much I cant take with this (Financially, mentally & physcially)! I am sure you can relate.

Oneof, so glad to hear you had a good consult with Cornell. Everything sounds very positive. I really hope third time is the charm for us! I'm going to cycle again in March too.

L4, I despise BCP and don't want to go on them anymore. The last doctor I saw thinks I was oversuppressed on them, which is the last thing I need with DOR!

Whatthe, just a few more days with that pesky catheter.

Sept I'd say definitely no bcp if it's going to supress you, you'd think they'd know that. I wish I had a reason to say I couldn't take it.

Absolutely can relate Oneof! I hope third times a charm for you too. I've only done two fresh cycle but also have had one FET and this next cycle is an FET so forth transfer. Although my first FET was so bad they said I had less than a 10% chance so it barely counts. Either way whatever time this is it can go ahead and be a charm!

L4 that's what I've been thinking! How did it take two cycles for them to realize I shouldn't be oversuppressed on BCP? Arg. I did get some eggs out of both cycles, but I hope and expect that I might get a few more with the EPP.

L4, I hope this FET works for you as well. There is only so much one can take. Come on BFP's!!!!!

I agree Mobaby, I will keep going until someone tells me to stop. How are you holding up?
I'm okay; still bleeding from d/c..it was almost gone and I started my workouts again and it started back. Oh well. I'm still very sad but I cant change the outcome. I did everything I was supposed to do exactly how I was instructed so I know its not something I did.... I am glad I have the 3 frosties... I cant wait for answers though...25 more days until f/u....

MoBaby - Do you know when you'll do your FET? Does your doctor have any answers for you regarding RPL? I'm in awe of your strength...you are truly a warrior woman!
Thanks for the compliment. I think I must have been built for hardship b/c my entire life has been full of them.....

I dont see my doctor until feb 5th BUT he is going to test something.... If he doesnt I dont know what I would do...he already checked me for lupus and antiphospholipid syndrome and it was neg. IDK what else. Guess it depends on the karotyping of the baby and if its abnormal or not.... for some weird reason I keep thinking I had a partial molar pregnancy but I dont think that was possible with ICSI..... I hope thats not the case because then its a 6 month wait. I highly doubt it; just things that pop in our heads!

MoBaby, great to hear that you're already thinking about your next FET. You really are a warrior woman!
Thank you, I just want to hurry up and get it done! I want a baby NOW!!!!! I'm scared the RE is going to say to wait 6 months or something....he thinks I am going crazy... I am because I have given you all this damn money and all I have to show are two MCs and no answers!!! really considering switching clinics but I really dont want to but there has to be a breaking point...

Mo I would hope your clinic will help you out with a discount or some sample meds. Good for you for being so strong and pushing on girl!

I am asking for a discount BUT since the clinic is run by a large hospital system its nearly impossible to get a discount. (Ive spent almost 40K with them, not including meds)...They have to have meds at least. I will ask for the progesterone for sure because its $450 per month! And if I do a full cycle they are going to have to give me some meds for free... I dont qualify for assistance through gonal f cares program or whatever it is....really sucks.

Hi ladies,

My name is Jessica. I'm just coming off a second IVF failure and thought I'd start a new thread for people who are in the same boat. I'm finding the second failure much harder to handle than the first, and am having a hard time being surrounded by pregnant friends. I thought I'd create a place where we can cheer each other on as we try to face another crack at IVF or start to consider other options.

:hugs:

hi jess, this will be our 5th attempt 3 ivf fails and 1 blastocyst fail and everytime its heartbreaking like u i have loads of friends havin babies and even my neices it breaks my heart everytime but here's hoping wen we start tis yr it will wrk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->