Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Okay so here goes eeeepppp :)

So I'm Lucy, engaged to Jason. I'm 23 and he is 24. Got engaged on Christmas day, biggest shock of my life!!

We have a little girl who is 2 and a baby due in Feb 2013 and we live in a lovely house in the countryside :)

So we spoke to the vicar and have set our date for Friday 7th February 2014 in our village church, followed by our reception at 'Irton Hall' a place about 15 miles down the road, it is stunning and we will be their first wedding so getting a very good deal!

We don't have a 'theme' as such, just things that we like and I think were going for a pale green/pale pink colour scheme though this could change!
I'm thinking lots of bunting and have Mother bear on the case with her sewing machine!!

Were having quite a small ceremony (later in the day) with only very close friends and family there in the church with us (though the numbers soon add up!!), everyone else will be invited at night.

Were having a buffet style meal and each guest will have a bar token (handmade by me) instead of champagne for toasts because none of us actually like the stuff. Our evening guests will be having sandwiches and cakes as most people will have had the big meal and we don't want to feed everyone twice (keeping costs down!).

I will post links to things as I go along as I know how much you girls like photos :)

Can't believe I'm actually here!!

xx

Just updating! So far we have sorted -
*Church
*Venue
*Suits
*Photographer
*Cakes
*Favours
*Colour scheme
*Decorations
*Invites/Place Cards
*Wedding car
*Disco

https://www.irtonhall.co.uk/ so this is our reception venue, we will actually be in the brand new function room being built (and as of yet unfinished!!) which is just off to the side of the building!!

https://www.bigtreestationery.co.uk/wedding-design-bunting.shtml These are the invites I'm thinking about going for (Lauren, I think we have quite similar styles!) as long as the lady comes back with a decent price lol! I would just be buying the day invites printed and a couple of the bunting multipacks for evening invites. There are some lovely ones on not on the high street but they are quite expensive and we don't want to spend loads on invites that will essentially be binned! xx

https://www.edenvalleyphotography.co.uk/ This is our photographer :)

Im hoping to get married around the same time and your way more organised than me!

Ohh I'm a bit obsessed with being organised lol! I have a hardback A4 book with lots of ideas and stuff in and then my lists and prices xx

Iv been doing a scrap book for a few months now but you have inspired me and tonight i have emailed the registry office and a photographer lol

:happydance: yaaaayyyy stalking!
Yes our invite style is deffo very similar!
The venue is gorgeous and how exciting that you'll be the first wedding, I bet they will put in extra effort to make it all run smoothly!

Yeah I've decided against those invites, She e-mailed me last night and wants £78 for 30 invites plus £12 postage and I'm not prepared to pay that. I want to try making my own but think I will mess it up but there are some pretty ones on light in the box if all else fails!! xx

Wow that does seem a lot for 30 invites! What are the ones like from light in the box ?

My save the dates are here! They are totally fabulous and we love them :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110987912484?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

A very good price compared to a lot I've seen so very pleased.

E-mailed the venue on Tuesday (day after we went round) with a huge list of questions and they haven't been back in touch so I'm not at all impressed with that! I mean come on, you would think they would be wanting our money!!

I did pop down to the travel agents this morning, and I'm glad I did because its shown me that I don't want to get married abroad anyways :)

xx

I am SO excited :happydance:

Irton Hall just got back to me - and they did apologise for the delay lol! But the price they gave us was £450 less than we thought was a good price. My lord I'm excited! There's no way we can't have our reception there now. I want to go dress shopping!!!! xx

Love the save the dates, which picture did you go for on them ?
:happydance: how exciting, do you know when you are going to book the venue?

Ooh I got the birds, I just love that stamp :) Hopefully going to book the venue in the next week or 2, they've held our date anyway but I've told him we want a contract or something to show what were paying for. Need to pay the photographer deposit too but I'm trying to wait until my car has had its MOT because I will need to pay for that lol xx

Good choice, it looks really good :)

I know what you mean, it's so hard having to hold back and pay for other things first, with wedding stuff I'm always so desperate to pay and it sort it before other things :haha:

Have you thought about what your going to do next after venue and photographer ?

Suits!!! If we put a deposit on them now then they will hold the price for us :) and hopefully then the baby will be born and leave me no time for a few weeks then I can go dress shopping yesssss!!!! Xx

Just e-mailed the venue back to go and book in the next couple of weeks :) Eep! I was having a wobble on my venue as I did very much have my heart set on a place, but I would have to compromise literally everything else in my wedding to have that venue and I really don't wanna spend more than 5k on our wedding and the other venue would have atleast doubled that. Not worth it :) We can go there any time!! Very excited to book this venue now i'm happy. Its all full of ups and downs isn't it!! I want to go and look at dresses even though I can't try on or even buy anything - do you think anyone would mind if I did that? I mean its not like I'm wasting their time is it lol!! xx

I think the wobble happens to everyone!
We went to view a venue and we both loved it for the rest of the day but it would mean having the ceremony in a conference room, it was really expensive and everything was extra! We then went to view our venue we picked and although it wasn't as different and unusual as the first venue it was £3000 cheaper as basic but there basic was everything included and everything is beautiful! For ages espesh OH kept saying it wasn't on the level as the other place but we were talking about it the other day and said we 100% made the right decision! I think it's just normal to question what your doing, it's a big thing at the end of the day!

No they shouldn't mind at all! Also you'll be able to book in for an appointment for after baby when your having a look around too, then you'll have something to look forward too :)

Yes! Its my birthday on 20th March so I could make an appointment to go in then to have another peep :) Eeps!

My stupid venue put a FB status up yesterday saying they had loadsss of wedding enquiries yesterday, BUT they haven't bloody gotten back to me yet! *stomps feet again!!* I want them to HURRY UP! I want to book the first wedding there (even if mine isn't first lol) and I want to have it booked before baby comes so that I don't have to worry about it. I know they have held the date for me and I don't actually have to worry about them giving it away but for my own peace of mind I want to pay the deposit and be done with it. Annndddddd breathe :)

xx

I still don't feel like our ceremony venue is the right venue, but only because the venue we really really wanted and were going to book decided to close all of 2013 for renovations :hissy: But our date was more important than the venue so we chose somewhere else. It's still beautiful, just not AS beautiful :lol: and it's a fraction of the price. But our reception venue is perfect

Deffo go to bridal shops. You may not be able to try any on but you can look at what colours you like and look good against you and you can look for your BM dress :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->