Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Oh, and I would message your venue again. They might think they've responded or have lost track. Just give them a little nudge x

I would give them a ring, reminders get lost.

I only e-mailed yesterday aft to see when we could come in to pay the deposit so I will give them a day or 2 lol! I start maternity leave after this Sunday so I think I will get my bridesmaid out and we can go round some bridal shops :)

Paid deposit on suits today and was given a discount even though we only want 2 - a discount of £25 so I was quite impressed - and the ladies were lovely! Paid £100 off and have £48 or something left to pay... but the boys don't have to get measured yet, and if we want to add more on then we can. Also got envelopes for my save the dates so in the process of sending those out too!

xx

Yea I'd leave it a few days and see if they do, if they said they have lots of interest about weddings it might just mean your not the top of the list and their working their way through it!

Your on a role now with getting things booked up! Great that they gave you discount too, every bit helps :)

I should be at the top, I'm the only one with a date and I was first *stomps feet again* :rofl: :rofl: Nahh he e-mailed me back last night and were going in next week to do it, I literally do have priority though in all seriousness because we are their first wedding and we were first lol. They are tailoring everything to us and then they will have 1 structure (option) to work from for future weddings they may get... they will probs photograph our tables n crap too as they obv don't have any of that yet - but I literally do not mind because of how cheap it is.

So I'm ordering some of that bunting - just one lot for now to check its actually alright stuff, then piles more if it is :D
SIL showed me her wedding box yesterday and she did her own invites... and thats got me back onto wanting to make my own so I'm gonna buy a little bit of stuff and give it a bash, if it looks crap I will sack it off as a bad job lol!
MIL brought up flowers yesterday (SIL2 best friend is a florist), it went like this...

MIL - ohh I think H wants to do flowers for Jason
Me - I don't think were going to have flowers
MIL - Yes but I think H wants to do them for Jason... for free
Me - Yeah, I don't think were going to bother with flowers

:rofl:

I'm sorry but I'm not going to have flowers just because they're free! We haven't even thought about it yet!! Will probably do buttonholes but I haven't decided for me and MOH, I quite like the button posies. But hey! We will see soon enough.

We told MIL yesterday that our colours are pastel, so by today the whole family probably know... thats precisely why we aren't telling them anything just yet. SIL1 told me not too as they were the same with her, trying to butt in so I feel much better about it now.

xx

Glad they got back to you and how exciting about going back next week! Sounds fab that you are the first wedding, I really think they will go all out for you to make it perfect!

Do you know what kind of thing you want with your invites ? Like the ones you put before ?

:haha: ahhhh families are such a nightmare when it comes to weddings, Every person getting married I'm sure has at least that one person who wants to take over the day haha!

Took a small step to becoming 'healthier' and a non fat bride yesterday lol! Poor OH text me in the morning to say he felt like he had gotten fat over xmas (he thinks he's grown a double chin - he hasn't, but I know what its like to feel that way!) so I went to the fridge, cupboards etc, and threw ALL the crap away, all the crisps and chocolate and biscuits and generally shit food. Then I went to the supermarket and bought lots of lovely healthy foods so hopefully making a step in the right direction for when I'm not pregnant.

xx

I almost forgot to mention! Were having 2 wedding cakes lol :D Mainly because OH fell in love with a £200 cake - and it is amazing! I don't want to post anything about that cake because were keeping it a secret from everyone until the day... and my VERY nosey SIL could be lurking around somewhere. But basically its not a cake that you really cut - so were going to serve it to our evening guests along with sandwiches and chips :D
So I'm thinking of either making my own day time cake or just buying a small one - and I'm going to get one of those bunting cake toppers.
I think I have a bit of an obsession :rofl: xx

Going on Monday evening to book my venue :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
My cake lady is holding my date til I have her deposit and I still need to pay photographer deposit.
Then I might take it easy til baby is born :) We will see! xx

Have a look around to see if there are any amateurs that bake as a hobby, they can be just as good as the pro's but half the price.

I bake as a hobby and I know how much work and effort this cake takes to put together and stay up - this lady is actually really cheap compared to what a lot of others charge for the same cake. I am making my own 2nd cake :)

Sounds like your plans are really coming along now!
How exciting about going to the venue on Monday, make sure you let us know how it goes!
Ahhhh I wanna know about your cake :haha:

I'm very excited. I'm already having wedding nerves though lol and its over a year away! Was just thinking about walking up the aisle this morning and I was almost crying, I'm going to be hopeless... or pissed :rofl: xx

Haha this is so me!
I was petrified at my cousins wedding when I was bridesmaid, couldn't eat, felt sick, could hardly walk down the aisle!
So thinking of how I was then makes me a million times worse :(

Atleast you're getting married this year, I think that justifies you being scared... I cannot be scared for a whole year :rofl:

I finish work tomorrow for maternity leave so was thinking of having a trail to some dress shops just for a sneaky peek :) :)

Not really sure whhat to do about a wedding car yet, I wasn't going to bother because they are so expensive (for a short journey!) and we were just going to get someone with a nice car to take me (OH stepdad doing his car for Jason) but I want the privacy of just me and him in the car on the way back to the hotel, and a driver of course but I just want those 15 mins to ourselves with no1 else we know if you know what I mean.
I don't know, I'm sure I will figure something out!!

xx

I want to know your cake idea too :lol:

Yay for finishing work. I wanna say your wedding planning can go into turbo speed now but you should probably rest up before baby gets here :lol: I'm sure you'll find a good balance

We have the same issue with wedding cars. I can't see how they justify the cost :wacko: £200+ for a 20 minute journey!!! I want the time on the way to the wedding with just my dad and then that time with my husband afterwards. But if someone we know drives us then they'll probably be speaking to us too :(

Yeah thats what I mean, I want private time in the car... I may have to see what my budget says... lol xxx

WOOOOO My mens favours have arrived :happydance:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330858913874?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I haven't decided what I'm putting in them yet but woo for being here. So thats favours sorted. Ladies have a little white beaded hanging heart each but I thought the men would appreciate something edible :) xx

Love those bags. Am now watching them. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->