My Big Fat Geek Wedding!

I love the last one! My order of preference would be 4-3-1-2 :flower:

I think my favourite is 1, a friend asked which dress I would most be sad about if it had sold out in the shop (which I thought was very well put), and it would deffo be that one. Will still try the second one on though. Just need Mum to visit and like it too! :haha: As much as I like the last one I dont love it as much, its not sparkly enough, and although I could add embellishments to it it would just increase the cost too much.

Ive found my tops for the pageboys! Im having my 2 sons and my friend's son. My sons will wear matching trousers and jackets, and my friend's boys trousers/jacket will match the colour of the flower-girls dress as she is his sister.

https://asset1.marksandspencer.com/is/image/mands/SD_04_T88_0373F_PO_X_EC_90?$PDP_PROD_IMAGE$

What do you think? I like that they will be able to wear them after the wedding, and also they are easy to wear as not as restrictive as a shirt. Plus they will look cool :haha:

Urgh... my Mum is not coming up to see the wedding dresses before I order one.
She has a few mental health issues, one is anxiety, which I think is why she is not coming up. I didnt ask her outright, as it would have been too hard on her.
It sucks a fair bit honestly, I really wanted her opinion, as getting married is kinda a big deal. But I understand as well. Sigh. :(

Is there anyone else that can go with you? I will just be having my best friend come with me when I go trying dresses on x

Yeah, I took my bridesmaid when I looked around first. Just hoping she is free to come round again. My other bridesmaid is my sister and she lives in London (Im in Newcastle).

:hugs: sucks that your Mum can't come and see you try on the dresses. I know the feeling as I haven't had my Mum there for any of it.

Love that t-shirt for the page boys!

Well, Ive booked in another dress viewing at the beginning of August, and my bridesmaid should be able to go. I still have no idea which is the best dress, I think the Berketex (second) dress will best suit the style of wedding (informal and fun), but the first dress is beautiful! I dont think I could do it justice though. The first 2 are the only ones I will be trying on again, and hopefully I can come to a decision.

Im also sorting out the favours bags. Ive had to order some party stuff in for Logan (birthday on 25th July), so its got me thinking. I found some organza bags which I like, just trying now to persuade OH to have Fortune Teller Fish in them as I think they are pretty awesome :rofl:
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71-ucriaInL._SL1500_.jpg

I also want to put in a crystal and a bouncy balls (which I got for Logan, they look like mini planets!). Its going to be quite a mix if I get my own way (which I will :winkwink: )

After some epic decision-making I have got a dress!! :happydance:

I went shopping with Bridesmaid on Saturday, and looked at 2 dresses. In the end it was an obvious choice, as much as I liked one dress, the other one was just Mine :haha:

Details I have put here (I dont want the pics made public): https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...help-update-pics-p-4-limited-time-only-4.html

SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! :happydance:

Im trying to decide on my colour scheme. Originally I said I wanted dark blue, gold and silver. But now Im not sure, as they are not "spring-like" enough, the dark blue I think is more suited for a winter wedding.
So.... Im thinking maybe teal/turquoise and magenta, with gold and silver accents. I will still have the space theme, pictures of nebulae do have turquoise and magenta colours in them, as below Orion Nebula (you can see this at night, it makes up part of the sword in the constellation of Orion). Just need to decide what colour dresses for the bridesmaids, might have them in two different colours in this case. Will see what they think. x

https://kencroswell.com/Orion.Nebula.HST.X.Ap4.jpg

turquoise, magenta with gold sounds amazing hun. Hope you're doing ok? How's the planning going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->