My Big Fat Geek Wedding!

Hello fellow 25th April enthusiast :haha: You need a journal now... :coffee:

Not done anything new wedding-wise. Need to book some dress places to get an idea of whats out there. Ive started thinking of wedding favours, originally the idea was party bags for all the guests but it seems to work out quite expensive. So, I will do party bags for the children (there will be quite a few), and get little organza bags for the adults and put stuff in them (not sure what, I love rocks/gemstones so was thinking of putting something like that in there. They are cheap if you buy in bulk).

yeah I'm stuck on favours too. Don't want to spend a bundle. Hmmm....

I have a WTT journal but wont set up a wedding journal too as I would just get confused and prob end up repeating myself anyway. But if you want to stalk my WTT journal then I do discuss all my wedding plans in there too :). The link is in my sig. xx

Forgot to add, our Save The Date cards arrived yesterday! Will try and upload a pic, they look awesome and hopefully will send them out once we know that Harrogate have received confirmation that we can marry :flower:

One last thing..... found an idea for hair which I like below. My hair is very similar, I would just need to get it in curls. I already plan to have it a pale blonde colour (its currently bleached with MASSIVE roots :haha: ), and its already shaved at the sides. Im just looking for something a bit more feminine than how it looks now.

Attachments

• hairawesome.jpg
    hairawesome.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4
that looks a fab idea! True to how you are now but a bit more feminine like you said :). Love it! :) x

that looks a fab idea! True to how you are now but a bit more feminine like you said :). Love it! :) x

Cool! I thought it would be hard to find a style that would look nice and girly with such a masculine hairstyle, but think it might work. I used to have very long hair that I got sick of (too hot/sticky child fingers in hair/frizzy mess). I sometimes wish I had kept it just for the wedding :dohh: Im going to start experimenting more with my hairstyling to see how easy it would be to get curls, my hair is naturally wavy anyway so shouldnt be too hard.

I suppose it's a pretty hard hairstyle to grow out if you wanted to as well :lol:. I think you'll look great :) xx

Its gonna be interesting if I ever attempt to grow this out... Im hoping at least it would change colour, but looks more mousey brown than it used to be :cry:

Nothing to report wedding-wise, my Mum is visiting so will be giving her the Save the Date cards for the family, to save on stamps! :haha:

So.... feeling disorganised so today I have a plan of stuff I need to do wedding-wise:

- Post approval of marriage to chosen registry office so they know things can go ahead.
-Get stamps for Save the Date cards and have them written this evening, and posted once registry office have confirmed receipt of the above post.
- Book wedding dress viewings.

I have been sent the info package from our chosen registry office with details of the vows in :happydance: But I dont like the wording on some, they are too soppy! There are different options for each section of the ceremony, so will have some choice. Just hope now me and OH reach the same decision...

To save on stamps I gave my Mum some of the Save the Date cards to give to relatives at home (she was visiting last week from Dorset). Saves on stamps!

I also got this from TK Maxx a couple of weeks ago:
1962811_10100526507746664_3243271902200186265_n.jpg

Its got different dividers inside for different aspects of the wedding, size of a diary and will be awesome for phone numbers etc :happydance:

Im also trying to sort out returning to work and childcare, which is a faff. I think I will focus on that on a different day so I dont get bogged down with stuff. I have to learn that things can wait sometimes, and its not always best to charge straight into something as you do a crap job :dohh:

Just some info for me... need to book dress viewings at below shops tomorrow, saving the webpages so I dont have to look for em tomorrow! :haha:

https://www.yapbridal.co.uk/
https://www.berketexbride.com/Services/Contact?s=Newcastle
https://www.waltonsmenswear.co.uk/#bridal

:hi: new stalker! just read through, that silver dress is gorgeous :)

The dress is just lovely, I would love something similar but might not be possible in a normal bridal shop, maybe just a standard dress shop? :shrug:

Anyways, getting my butt in gear and booking some dress viewings today :happydance:

hmmm not sure hun, some bridal shops stock prom style dresses as well so you could find something similar. On the other hand you may try a typical bridal dress on and fall in love with it!.

When i set out looking i wanted the big white wedding dress, you know corset top and big skirt kinda thing but when i tried it on it didn't suit me! :dohh:

Ive booked some viewings, those on the previous post, 3 in one day... :shock:

God help me though, the emails and phone calls I have had so far have been cringe-worthy gushing, I know they need the business but its nauseating! Does every bride-to-be like all this sort of fuss? Cant say Im a fan...

Ooooh how long til you get to try on pretty dresses?

21st June! Spoke to one of my bridesmaids today, who is coming with me, and super-excited now! Only because we are going out for a meal and cocktails afterwards :haha:

On my wedding day! :haha: that sounds like a good plan for after :)

That sounds like the perfect day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->