My Big Fat Geek Wedding!

On my wedding day! :haha: that sounds like a good plan for after :)

Ooooo yay! I can use your ticker to countdown when I try dresses on then :rofl:

This is a daft question... but would you wear like Spanx or something? I guess Im gonna need help trying these things on, plus it might give be a better shape :blush:

Yep no worries :)
You could do yes, prob depends on style of dress though. A corseted dress would probably be restrictive enough but if it doesn't have one you could wear spanx or corset underneath to smooth lumps and bumps?

I think I will deffo wear some under the dress anyway on the wedding day, Im just going to be traumatised if the wedding dress person sees me in my pants! :haha:

When you went for your first initial look at dresses did you look at the shops wedding catalogues on line, if they had one, to get some idea on what to look at? I dont want to be overwhelmed when I go, but dont want to limit my options without trying on everything in the shop :dohh:

I know, i hated standing there in my pants! even though i have lost weight still hate my mummy tummy :(

No i didn't, it is quite overwhelming in the 1st shop but the assistants are very helpful and will direct you as needed. Some dresses are split between sizes and some between styles.
The 1st shop i visited they said to pick 1 dress from each style so you can eliminate things you don't like and know what you do like, even if they haven't got the perfect dress.

Thats what Im hoping for, that they are split according to style, and trying on one from each will help eliminate. I think I will look online, just to give me some definite dresses to look at. What were the assistants like in the shops you went to? Im an avid fan of Dont Tell The Bride, and am hoping they give me champagne like they do to the blokes when they look for dresses for their future wives :rofl:

They all varied, i would have liked to have got my dress from a different shop based on the service put it that way! The 1st shop had 2 assistants, one that was lovely a bit like a mum looking after her daughter and the 2nd time i went back it was a different lady who was brutally honest and would tell you if it didn't suit you. She admitted she had made girls cry!!

In the end though i found my dress online and went to the nearest stockist. I had tried on a lot of dresses to get that point though. I originally wanted a big princess dress but went for something smaller in the end so you really don't know until you try things. It is a lot of fun, though so try and enjoy it and make the most of it. We didn't get offered champagne in any of the shops but i know some do :)

I did look at various dresses online and even printed some off as an idea but in the end didn't even refer to it :dohh:. I'd requested one dress I wanted to try on in particular which they had to bring in from another store and that one turned out to be the one I went with! But in the end I just went round and picked some to try on and made sure I tried on a variety of styles in case I liked something different to what I thought! Good luck for dress shopping and enjoy it! I found it such fun!

Oh and as for underwear I just wore a nude strapless bra with nude knickers. On the day I will just be wearing knickers as the top of my dress is fully boned so like a corset in itself :lol:. I am a bit nervous about being seen half naked but needs must I guess!

I did look at various dresses online and even printed some off as an idea but in the end didn't even refer to it :dohh:. I'd requested one dress I wanted to try on in particular which they had to bring in from another store and that one turned out to be the one I went with! But in the end I just went round and picked some to try on and made sure I tried on a variety of styles in case I liked something different to what I thought! Good luck for dress shopping and enjoy it! I found it such fun!

Oh and as for underwear I just wore a nude strapless bra with nude knickers. On the day I will just be wearing knickers as the top of my dress is fully boned so like a corset in itself :lol:. I am a bit nervous about being seen half naked but needs must I guess!

I love your dress, really hoping I end up looking as awesome as you do in your dress :flower: (will deffo be trying on something similar, but knowing my luck it wont suit me!)

Not much happening here, will be trying on dresses on the 21st June though :happydance: Ive spoken to a hairdresser about my weird hair, and shes said I should grow out the sides a bit more, which I am. This is how it looks now, will be blonde for the wedding I think. (Theres a pic a few posts back of how I hope to have it)
WARNING: THE PICTURE IS BLOODY MASSIVE :rofl:
10378166_10100933090508178_8667004356866776620_n.jpg
In other news, OHs parents are giving us more money that planned for the wedding, as they are not going on holiday this year as planned. I cant believe how generous they are, I would have just saved the money for a holiday another year but they are being lovely :flower:

I love your dress, really hoping I end up looking as awesome as you do in your dress :flower: (will deffo be trying on something similar, but knowing my luck it wont suit me!)

Awww thank you :)

Not long till you go dress shopping!! So exciting! So nice that your OH's parents are being so generous. We haven't had any donations from either side of the family so far but we're not expecting any!

I wasnt expecting anything really, my parent cant pay that much (my Mum is on long term sick, but has said she would help pay for the dress) and apart from my Gran thats it on my side. They are probably pleased that the wedding is in their home town, so at least they dont have to pay accommodation/travel costs. I am very lucky for sure :flower:

Im quite nervous about tomorrow, not used to being the centre of attention (Im sure my friends would think/say otherwise though:haha: ) And I detest people fussing over me, so I dont think I will be the most relaxed shopper! One shop keep sending me horribly sickly-sweet emails and texts, calling me "lovely" etc. Yuck!:haha:

I got all MASSIVE pants to wear for trying on dresses, dont want anything unsightly on show :rofl: Also got a new dress and bag for tomorrow:blush:

Caught up!!! Have fun today hun, trying on dresses was my favourite part!

Soooo.... today was fun! :happydance:

3 shops visited, and potentially 4 dresses to choose from.

1234.... *DECISION MADE!, Pics removed : ) *

Those are in order of preference. Its a close call between the top two. The first I like as the beading is beautiful, and fits so well. The second is more bridal, feels like a brides dress, but looks less special than the first I think. Im not sure! I like the second as its more showy, but the first is beautiful in its elegance.

The plan now is to have my Mum come up and see both the dresses on, and decide from there. The last 2 dresses shown I think I will try on again anyway, but I dont think I will like them as much as the first two.

What do you guys think? Which one is your favourite? (btw, Im a size 10-12 UK, with booty :haha: )

those are some gorgeous dresses! For me there is something striking about the last one because even though it has no detail on it, it is beautiful in its simplicity and would really accentuate any curves you have. Out of the first two I find it hard to choose! When it comes down to it which one did you love the most when trying it on? Which made you feel most special?

wow lovely dresses, my favourite is no'1 :)

I think it is a similar fit to yours! :haha:

The last one is beautifully simple, but possibly too much, if it had been in a different material (or had some beading on) it would have been perfect. But its very flat. But a lovely fit!

The first one I loved as it was beautiful and elegant. But the second is fun and cool, which is more "me" I think. Gah! Its too hard to decide! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->