My Career Thread

Hey,

There's no reason that you can't go to uni or do long distance learning whilst your lo is still little or at least before she starts primary school.

You need to motivated though and ultimately, that's down to you being bothered (not trying to sound mean there).

You could look Into courses, or part time courses and there's no issue as to why you can't go and study, as long as you don't have child care issues, or if you study long distance just setting aside time to do the work.

I got good gcses and not so good a levels (I was actually really disappointed as I studied hard and it didn't seem to pay off, I got a C, 2 Ds and an E!) but I then went on to study a degree and a masters so it can be done.

You need to make a plan and take into account caring for lo, I work a full time job at the moment, so can't really see any difference time wise between studying and working; probably the same amount of hours a day with going to lectures and reading etc.

Why not have a think about what you want to do, and research that. Maybe midwifery is an option but not a realistic one in regards to having to resist other exams first if your hearts not really on it.

I personally, would look at doing something now when you know you don't want to be at home it seems, as a sahm (I'm the same, I couldn't do it) as I think when lo goes to school your motivation will have sunk down even more than now and you'll be back to an office job that you're not interested in.

Have a good look around and see what you want xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->