My Christmas party tomorrow. Can I drink shandy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what's with all the haters? I literally had 2 shandys which consisted of. 3 quarter lemonade and the rest lager. Didn't realise I would be making a big issue about asking people for there personal opinions but didn't expect to read all of this. Anyhow it doesn't matter now. Wish I wouldn't of bothered asking. Nobody asked how I was planning on having my shandy therefore presumed like I'd be getting drunk when that was not the case at all.

:hugs: that's what I was saying hun. I did explain it varies. Hope you had a fun night x

Alcohol in general is just a sensitive topic, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate, players gonna play play play play play, bakers gonna bake bake bake bake bake.

Shake it off.

Are you 38 weeks pregnant? I had a couple of small wines at the end of my second pregnancy, It was christmas and I enjoyed them!

No lv I lost that lil baba at 15 weeks :( I'm 11 weeks xx

I personally wouldn't risk drinking in pregnancy, especially in the first trimester hun

What about long terms effects of the child? Developmental delays..more prone to becoming addicts when they get older?

Another point. There are babies born crack addicts and addicted d to all sorts of drugs because of a careless mother. There are Also mother's who are extremely cautious and healthy and have miscarriages. Ur are u and ur situation might not be the same for very mother who gets drunk every weekend. That's like a smoker whose been making for 50 yrs telling everyone that they don't have lung cancer and feel fine. :/ doesn't mean u follow that example and start smoking

excuse typos

My sons now 9 and top of his class in reading, writing and maths, im not saying go ahead and drink till you pass out, im saying 3 shandys probably wont lead to much problems.

Ive had the healthy pregnancy that ended in miscarriage to, i stopped smoking, drinking, ate right and followed the rules to the letter and miscarried.

Whatever will be will be, yeah we probably should follow the rules, a mean if something had of went wrong with my sons id of felt the guilt for the rest of my life after all, even without knowing i was pregnant while drinking!

Im not saying i agree with pregnant women getting drunk, im saying imho 3 shadys wouldnt hurt, its my opinion, i have no medical backround i only have my previous history to go on so i shared it, i could very easily be wrong, i did see a woman in her 3rd trimester in a club one time, drunk and falling about, she was an embarrasment to women everywhere!
Watever u say. I all stand by what I said. U can't recommend someone to have a little bit of alcohol just because u think nothing turned out bad with your child. Like the lady above said. Someone glean get drunk multiple times and have a healthy baby and another drink a few times and have a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome. U don't know how ur body/baby will react so best to avoid

If I tried ecstasy and felt great, I'm not gonna be the dumb one to encourage it to someone else because guess Wat? Some people have died the very first tike trying it. We all respond differently.

Lastly u don't know if this woman has a problem with alcohol so m in her family or if she has any self Control that will lead to more than three. We don't know her life so it's not smart to suggest it.

you jumped a lot there, 3 shandys is no where near drugs lol thats like madness talking there lol

Stand by what you said, fairy nuff, but actually read what i said, i did not recommend it, nor did i say yeah go get legless, i said in my opinion 3 shandys wouldnt hurt!

I assumed because she was asking about it online she doesnt have a problem with drinking, she said 3 shandys so i took from that, 3 shandys, if she couldnt control her drinking she would know to stay away from it and not to ask people online if she should? and drinking problems in her family should effect her baby? i dont get it?

What if someone asked is it ok to eat a cheese burger, would you ask there height, weight, bmi and family history, incase they over eat and become fat?

3 shandys, at an event, shouldnt cause this much neg energy!

At the risk of sounding like a prude I am surprised this question is even being asked. "Is it OK if I drink not one but three glasses of alcohol during the most crucial development period of my pregnancy?"

I am an Asian American, and culture aside I think it is common sense to try to avoid foods or beverages that would be detrimental to a growing fetus.

My thoughts exactly.
I almost thought asking that question was a joke at first... Not trying to be judgy or anything.

To the OP.. I remember you from when I was pregnant and you were saying about how you had lost a few pregnancies. AUGR if im correct.. not that i know anything about your previous pregnancies/children but SERIOUSLY..

You put the same status with your last pregnancy, i remember it well and it caused a stir then. How you can expect it not to cause a fuss is absolutely stupid of you because all the women here are so grateful for their pregnancies and babies that 9 months without alcohol is the bloody least of their worries.

If you are prone to miscarriages then why on earth would you put yourself in a potentially dangerous scenario? Its so ridiculous I was thinking of not bothering to comment on the stupid post in the first place but seriously its silly, u put the same thing when i was pregnant 12 weeks ago. If you want to drink alcohol and its that important.. go and do it.

I know this is supposed to be a support forum but nobody can support you with drinking alcohol, there is an aspect to where this has also got to be a honest forum and you cant seriously expect anyone to support you having a drink. Its a choice at the end of the day.. healthy baby or alcohol, like a previous poster said, someone can drink everyday and have no effects and someone can drink one and have lots of effects.

With your previous losses I would have assumed you would have been triple more cautious than any of the rest of us.

How ridiculous.

^^^^^^couldn't have said it better.

To the OP.. I remember you from when I was pregnant and you were saying about how you had lost a few pregnancies. AUGR if im correct.. not that i know anything about your previous pregnancies/children but SERIOUSLY..

You put the same status with your last pregnancy, i remember it well and it caused a stir then. How you can expect it not to cause a fuss is absolutely stupid of you because all the women here are so grateful for their pregnancies and babies that 9 months without alcohol is the bloody least of their worries.

If you are prone to miscarriages then why on earth would you put yourself in a potentially dangerous scenario? Its so ridiculous I was thinking of not bothering to comment on the stupid post in the first place but seriously its silly, u put the same thing when i was pregnant 12 weeks ago. If you want to drink alcohol and its that important.. go and do it.

I know this is supposed to be a support forum but nobody can support you with drinking alcohol, there is an aspect to where this has also got to be a honest forum and you cant seriously expect anyone to support you having a drink. Its a choice at the end of the day.. healthy baby or alcohol, like a previous poster said, someone can drink everyday and have no effects and someone can drink one and have lots of effects.

With your previous losses I would have assumed you would have been triple more cautious than any of the rest of us.

How ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I just can't let this go unchallenged - I very rarely enter into arguments on B&B, but I am shocked by your post. How appallingly judgemental and rude is this post? Not to mention hurtful, offensive and factually incorrect! It also shows a chilling callousness to the OP's past. Multiple miscarriages are not caused by the occasional drink of alcohol and to suggest so and in such a manner is simply wrong. Your assumptions about the feelings of everyone on this forum are also entirely wrong, as if you look back through this thread you will see there are women supporting her in having the occasional drink. No one will endorse heavy drinking during pregnancy, but those who have the occasional drink ought not be vilified by those who don't. Currently there is an overwhelming body of research finding that the occasional drink in pregnancy does not cause the fetus any harm; so why make out as though the choice lies between alcohol and a healthy baby? To suggest so is incorrect and judgemental.

OP I hope you're okay. I can only imagine what reading that post must have made you feel.

Omg. How dare you mention my previous losses you inconsiderate bitch! Don't you dare. I Marley asked a question. Get off my post! Don't you dare insult me or speak about the loss of my children ! I'm fuming!

This thread needs to be deleted before it gets out of hand. Some people will think it's ignorant, selfish, etc, and some will think it's no biggie. No matter what, it's a sensitive topic..just like many other sensitive issues out there concerning pregnancy and the choice of mothers.

Another reason this thread should be deleted is if it's a duplicate te thread and the question was already answered for the op.

If u got answers a while ago, maybe go with those answers or educate and let us know what ur doc says if and when u ask or if u have asked.

Anywho. Reporting and I hope u have a healthy pregnancy. 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78