My experience with vitamin B6 so far

I tried to look it up and this is literally the only thing I could find...

If you are doing your test at home and need to send it to a laboratory, stick the samples in the freezer if you can't get them in the mail right away. The temperature drop helps the saliva and hormones within it from degrading.

Read more: Directions for Saliva Hormone Test | eHow.com https://www.ehow.com/way_5593133_directions-saliva-hormone-test.html#ixzz1xokEKqYE

I can't find anything else regarding it. Good luck with it, and let me know what they say. I will let you know if they call tomorrow. I'm giving them until Monday to call. If not, I'm assuming the numbers all came out okay.

Yep that's pretty much all I could find too. Nothing on what affects high temps may have. Hoping the lab gets back to me tomorrow about that.

In my experience, if you get abnormal tests the nurse calls. If they are normal I just get a letter in the mail the next week

I would say that if low temps stop the hormones deteriorating then at 'normal' room temp they would begin to deteriorate and at high temps that would be accelerated. That's just a guess though. Good luck with your results.

Also in my experience no news is good news, they get in touch pretty quick if there is a problem.

Thanks for the reassurance! Took my temp this morning and it's still high. Hpt still nice and dark. Hoping that if there is a problem it's caught in time. I'm reading that a lot of women with low progesterone don't even start taking the supplements till 6 weeks cause that's when they find out about it. I will be 5 weeks on monday so hoping ive caught it in time if there really is a problem

I was thinking about that too, and I think what motherofboys said may be correct. That's what it sounds like to me, and it makes sense. I would hang in there and wait for them to contact you. Do you know how long it sat there before being picked up? Have you heard back from them today yet? If not, you might try calling back, because if they don't call you today, you're waiting the whole weekend, and I know from experience that it sucks to have to wait the weekend for an answer your dying for.

I haven't heard anything back yet from the Dr. So, I am assuming all is well so far. Monday I will be 7 weeks, and I have my first U/S set for next Friday. It seems like it can't come any sooner. Yesterday, I noticed a strong taste of blood in my mouth. I checked my teeth and gums to see if they were bleeding, and nothing. Do you think that is the "metallic" taste that they're talking about that people get during pregnancy? I'm not sure if blood is really a metallic taste. It went away within 30 minutes, and I haven't had it since.

I'm calling the nurseline tomorrow morning to see if my blood results are in yet. I guess they are open till noon on sat but it's more for urgent care. I don't care. This is urgent! Not heard back from the lab yet about the saliva test. It sat in the heat for probably 32 hours so I'm really hoping it altered the result. Hope the clinic has my results by tomorrow. I just need to know!

I bet your results are fine since noone has called

Still no news..

32 hours is a long time for something like that to sit in the heat. I sure hope it did alter the results. I really wouldn't be surprised if it did. There is no way to tell them what it is and that it should be at least at room temperature until it is picked up? There should be a way that is safer for that material to be shipped. I'd be really ticked, as I was looking at the same thing, and depending on how many hormones you have checked, it can be pretty pricey. I think I was looking at the one that tests 5 different hormones and I believe it was like 160.00. I think the cheapest one was for just estrogen/progesterone and its like 80.00. A little much for a test to be altered due to exposure to excess heat!!

Hopefully you can find out about your bloods tomorrow. I wouldn't hesitate to call either. That would be urgent to me too. Like I said, nothing sucks more than waiting over the weekend for results. Good luck hun. I'm sure everything will be alright. Keep my updated. :hugs:

i paid $40 for mine and just got the progesterone test. it was on amazon. i did hear back from the company and they said heat won't affect the test. they also said that basically i need not worry. here's what they said about it:

Below is a explanation from the lab.

Because she was only on day 20 of the menstrual cycle and implantation would only just be starting, progesterone levels had likely not reached their peak (only 2 points away). Since ovulation can be off by several days, I’m not worried that the level is at the lower level of the progesterone range. HCG produced by the developing embryo will continue to ask the ovaries to make progesterone. If you have any concerns, you can repeat the saliva test for us to confirm that level during pregnancy. We have ranges throughout the pregnancy, but most women will be absolutely fine. Basically, at this point so early in the pregnancy, this progesterone level does not translate into any meaning as to how the pregnancy will go or any increased risk for miscarriage.

As a global question though, no, heat does not influence the saliva results.

So in other words, this is good for now? What I'm understanding is there is no need to worry right now, because you're still in implantation stage, and your progesterone will increase as the pregnancy progresses? So they're saying if your worried, you can test a little bit later for more accuracy? It only doesn't make sense to me, because I thought you were well past the "implantation" time since you've already gotten your bfp. I always understood that hcg doesn't begin production until after implantation has completed.

Are you comfortable with the answer? Does it make sense to you? I assume you know more than I do about all of this stuff than I do, so as long as it makes sense to you. Were you able to get a hold of you clinic today?

Great news! Got my blood test results back and it was 21 so well within normal range. :)

Glad you got good results.
I have a question. My cycle is usually around 28 day, I O quite late and then have just a 6 day LP. Will the B6 make me O earlier, or shall I expect a longer cycle? I don't want to start the opks too late and miss it (although I'm temping too so shouldn't miss it right?)

Good question. I don't really know but for me, I ov'd same day as normal do

I actually had the exact same question, and I could never find and answer to it. I mean, the extra days added to the LP have to come from somewhere. I was never sure if it was because you O earlier, making the LP longer, but keep the same cycle length, or if you O on the same day, and experience a longer cycle length just during the LP. In my opinion, I believe you O earlier, but I'm not so sure about that. I would keep temping, and start the OPKs at the average time you would normally O. Don't assume you will O late, because they you chance missing it. Worse case scenario, you start OPKs on average day, never get a positive, and you see on your chart you O a few days earlier than you began testing. I always rely on temping more than OPKs anyways. It is way more reliable.

Ok, I'm editing because I went back and looked at previous posts on this thread. If you go back and look at page 8. There is a post from Shell. B6 worked tremendously for her last month, taking her LP from 9, to 13. She stated her cycle had never been longer than 23 days, LP averaging 10. If you look at her chart from last cycle when she began the b6, her cycle was 3 days longer (26 days long), and her LP 3 days longer (13 days). So it looks like the days added to her LP just came from her cycle lengthening. Hope this helps.

Moter- That is AMAZING news!! I'm soo happy to hear it. So levels are different for pregnant and non pregnant women? Because you said your saliva was like 70 something, right?

Motherofboys- also.. I ovulated 2 days earlier than normal. Usually Ov day is cd 17. I ov 2 days earlier on cd 15.

Levels are different ranges for saliva and blood. Normal range for bloods is 15-21 at 4-6 weeks according to google so I'm very happy with a level of 21. :)
Nurse said dr would call Monday if anything further needed to be done but I'm happy with the numbers

Ok thanks ladies. Perhaps its one of those things that will vary from woman to woman if it made Shells cycle longer but fpcco08 O'd 2 days early.

Motherofboys- I suppose you're right. I guess you will just have to let us know how it works for you lol. We have a lot of different scenarios on this thread :) Where are you at in your cycle?

Moter- Again, I'm very glad you got good results back. Sounds like you are at the very high end of perfect, instead of the low end of good. I hope you have been put at ease now and you can feel a little better and enjoy this precious but terrifying time :hugs:

lol POAS again today.. Popped up super dark RIGHT away. DH couldn't believe how quickly it showed up! It is now slightly darker than the control line. :happydance:

Yay! Mine aren't darker than control yet. Yeah I do feel better about it now. Still have my guard up but able to relax a bit. Told my parents this morning.

Ahh that's big news! I bet they were SO stoked! But I am really glad you can relax. Are you feeling anything different? You still feel tired/dizzy? Hopefully no ms has caught you yet. I haven't felt any for a few days now. I'm kinda an indecisive mess. I wanna be happy, like its a good thing its gone, but I'm kinda freaking out too that it just went away out of no where. Chest was a little sore this morning, but DH did make a big mistake last night. We were picking on each other, and he thought he was being funny when he squeezed them and asked if they still hurt. They didn't really hurt then, but this morning they did! Don't know if it was from pregnancy syndrome, or just idiotic hubby syndrome!!!

My parents didn't seem that surprised. They must have guessed before today. My mother in law we told today and she was really surprised and happy. It was fun telling her! What I did was get these baby picture frames and put in it "picture coming February 18th,2013" and wait for them to figure it out.

Still super tired and dizzy but no ms unless driving with dh. Not sure if that counts cause his drivin always makes me nauseous lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->