my first baby buy :)

Don't worry about that lola just think good thoughts.
Don't stress yourself.
Wow nearly 10 weeks already!
Hope you can have another scan so you can see baby twice.

Have you told many people yet? X

Yeh am trying to be more positive. I have another scan on tuesday which is valentines day :happydance: I will be exactly ten weeks! Can't wait to see baby again!

Have told a few people, just my really close friends. My fiance has told a lot of people though! Still havn't told any of my family yet, will do that after my 12 week scan.

:flower: x

Yea I think everyone has the right to do what they want.

Think covering up whilst breast feeding is a privacy thing from other people, as some people don't like to see it or don't know where to look.
But the baby can feel mums or dads hearts beating whether you breast or bottle, it's how you hold them. I think you can connect with your baby whether you breast or bottle too.

Not long til your appointment Kelsey. I'm hoping to get ours through before end of feb x

yeah i no that my boobs will be sore hun, i just would prefure to bottle feed, people all have diff opions , like the placenta that has so much good ness in and if its not cut for a few hours all that good ness goes bk into the baby but no1 ever really says about that,
i dont see the point in breast feeding if ur just going to cover the baby up with a muslin square like i see alot of mums do , i dont see that as connecting with ur baby. :wacko:

anywayy... not long till our hosp app. just want to no what there going to do/say now!

xxx

I know. Everyone is different and some choose to formula feed. Most woman will use a muslin or a cover if they are in public or have people over, a lot more discreet that just have your whole breast out! I think one of the main reasons for me to breast feed isn't because of connecting with the baby (obv that would happen though even if ff) but because it is better for them and their immune system and helps you to shift the pounds! Burns around 500cals a day! :thumbup:

But i might have problems breast feeding and have to formula feed, so am open to that but definitely want to give breast feeding a good go.

Hope hospital appointment goes well :flower:

That will be a lovely valentines day Lola.

I will tell my family as soon as I find out as they know the journey were going through so they would want to know, and I will tell people at work and close friends.
I'm not superstitious so I believe if things are going to happen they will happen.

Yea I'm hoping by breast feeding it will help me loose weight but then you have to eat more to produce the milk but healthy stuff I suppose.

My sis in law that's just had Eliza is breast feeding but she eats crap and doesn't eat a lot and her milk is starting to dry up, Eliza is 6 weeks now! So it doesn't take long to dry up Kelsey but also shows for people who want to bf that you need to eat properly x

I go on a babybump app on my phone and I can't stop looking at the baby names part, love thinking about names we like.
Law normally won't talk about it but I said it makes me happy to talk about it.

Want to honour family names, but hard to decide, as you don't want to use them all incase you had 2 of the same sex for example.

Bet you're so excited Jennie !

Let us know how you get on Lola, I had cramps through to about 19 weeks I think it was.

I ended up in hospital yesterday with contractions. Early hours of the morning I was vomiting for 3 hours on and off, high temperature, shaking, I had some fluid loss too. I couldn't even keep water down :( at 1pm I started to have contractions for about half an hour, I had 9 ... they say with Braxton Hicks you should have no more than 4 in an hour. So I rang the midwife and she told me to take my hospital bags and go in. They hooked me up to a monitor for over an hour, bubs heartbeat was strong and she was moving, they saw my tummy tightening but it wasn't painful like at home (sods law hey) They I had to have a spectrum examination and have some swabs, my cervix is still high and one of the swabs was ok . I get the rest back on wednesday. They think with vomiting I irritaed baby and my uterus that's what caused my contractions. So was told strictly to rest and take it easy.

12.40am here waiting to skype my mum and dad as they've had an offer on their house, and if all goes well they'll be moving here as soon as it's sold :) So april/may :) I trhought they wouldn't come here in 4 weeks but mum said they are :) yayyy!

xxx

wow sounds like you had an eventfull night cheryl hope you get good news about the house i cannot wait to hear the heartbeat i just worry incase they cant find it prob daft but i guess worryin is normal x

Cheryl - glad your feeling better :flower:

I know pains are normal, but sometimes they come and go and they are agonising, i screamed the other day, it was so sharp and intense. Midwife said it's probably just my abdominal muscles relaxing and stretching.

Gosh i am so paranoid! Hopefully appointment will go well tomorrow!

Worry is part and parcel I think ... And the further along you get the more you worry I think!!! And I'm guessing it won't stop when they're here lol. But it's natural.

How did you get on Lola?

xxx

FFS 5 days early and im spotting :'( my week is just getting shitter and shitter

sorry fed up as u can tell!

Aww Kelsey, sending you big hugs!

Thanks for asking Cheryl, scan went brilliantly! So happy, was so nervous though, but everything looks great. Have been put back two days, then got emotional thinking baby wasn't growing properly but they said its completely normal as my first scan was really early on and it will be more accurate now, so am 9weeks and 5days.

I thought that i would be less worried, but nope! Saw the doctor after my scan as was the early pregnancy unit. She said my pains were completely normal and everything looks great. I asked her about risk of miscarriage, and what are the chances etc. She said its still really high until 12 weeks, even though i thought it was like 2%. So confused, the chat with her made me feel worse!

Will attach a pic later, fiance has just come back with a massive twix and passionfruit juice, want to eat that first!

Also super nervous as still havn't told me parents. Don't think they will be happy about it as i am still really young and at uni. But my dad and brothers are away skiing at the moment, so my mum wants me to come down on friday and she is taking the day off so we can do something. Don't really spend much time with her so am going down on thursday evening, and plan on telling her then. Am so nervous, really don't know what to say!

Hope everyone is doing good, and having a lovely Valentine's day! :flower:

hey all, im lagging behind this week.

cheryl glad everything is ok but bet you feel better to go into hospital to check everything is ok. saw the pictures of islas clothes, its lovely to see them all like that, bet you got extra excited seeing them all.
glad mum and dad got the house sold bet they were pleased, and they still coming over to see isla, is wonderful.

lola glad your scan went well, its a nice thing to be able to tell your mum on her own, so you can let her deal with it before you tell the rest of the family.
how old are you again?
you will just have to be up front and tell her straight.
do abit of catching up 1st and then say you have something to tell her. she may be shocked at 1st but will soon deak with it.
do they get on with your other half?

kelsey love, i always know exactly how you feel, but soon you will know whats going on with james and hopefully that will make you feel better, its hard at 1st to be told but after a while it does sink in what will or could happen.

jenn, how you feeling? have you told everyone know? whats the next thing with you x

nothing much going on with me really, stil havent had an email from the doctors so see whats lawrences last test results were, he keeps forgeting to ring too.
still waiting for hospital appointment to come through soon, hopefully wont be long now, really looking forward to this one.
Ive lost 1 stone now and finding it a bit harder as im wanting more treats, but people are noticing it, in my face and belly area, also my back yuk ha but yes need to lose another stone and a half to be what i was when got married.
doctor will be pleased with me anyway x

hey all, im lagging behind this week.

cheryl glad everything is ok but bet you feel better to go into hospital to check everything is ok. saw the pictures of islas clothes, its lovely to see them all like that, bet you got extra excited seeing them all.
glad mum and dad got the house sold bet they were pleased, and they still coming over to see isla, is wonderful.

lola glad your scan went well, its a nice thing to be able to tell your mum on her own, so you can let her deal with it before you tell the rest of the family.
how old are you again?
you will just have to be up front and tell her straight.
do abit of catching up 1st and then say you have something to tell her. she may be shocked at 1st but will soon deak with it.
do they get on with your other half?

kelsey love, i always know exactly how you feel, but soon you will know whats going on with james and hopefully that will make you feel better, its hard at 1st to be told but after a while it does sink in what will or could happen.

jenn, how you feeling? have you told everyone know? whats the next thing with you x

nothing much going on with me really, stil havent had an email from the doctors so see whats lawrences last test results were, he keeps forgeting to ring too.
still waiting for hospital appointment to come through soon, hopefully wont be long now, really looking forward to this one.
Ive lost 1 stone now and finding it a bit harder as im wanting more treats, but people are noticing it, in my face and belly area, also my back yuk ha but yes need to lose another stone and a half to be what i was when got married.
doctor will be pleased with me anyway x

Thanks hun, im 21, will be 22 when baby arrives. Yeh they get on with him really well and my brothers love him, so that's all good!

Yeh am going round thursday evening and then we are going out for dinner, so will offer to drive so she can have some wine! Will tell her when we get back after dinner.

We are going to ikea on friday though so excited! as my mum has just bought a flat in london so we are going to have a look for some furniture, so might have a look at the baby stuff! It looks good online and is a hell of a lot cheaper than mamas and papas and mothercare!

Well done on loosing weight hun thats fab!

:flower:

Will you be able to go a the time without telling her, If that was me it would be going round and round in my head, of how to come out with it.

It's good they all get on with each other as if they didn't it would be another story with your family accepting the fact your pregnant x
Hope all goes well anyway, you will feel so much better once you've told them x

I love ikea, it's not made to last but it's good stuff, we got quite a bit when we moved in x

Yeh i have seen her since i knew i was pregnant, and speak to her on the phone weekly and havn't blurted it out yet!

Thanks i know, just want to get it over with!

:flower:

Heard on daybreak this morning kels that Romford is the luckiest place! The most people to have ever won the lotto have been from there.
Get buying!! haha

Morning all x

morning im fine thanx the next thing for me is hearing the heartbeat which is next wed :) and then my 20 week scan on 22nd march which seems ages n ages away lol

oh wow ill get buying loads lol

im ok better 2day,

wont be on here so much just getting annoyed with ttc atm

hugs to u all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member