my first baby buy :)

thanx i should know by wednesday or tuesday it didnt hurt like i thought it would saw bean who looks huge lol kicking and turned over so adoroble my fiance said he said his bum cheeks lol asked if could see sex and she couldent see it yet but got my 20 week scan 22nd march x

nah they said to numb it would be pointless cos woulde be anthoer injection so more pain x

ouch! ur very brave hun, and i hope bubbs is ok , let us no.
oh so ur deffo going to find out the sex then hun xx

I'd be so nervous to have that, I'd have to look away as having needles makes me feel very hot and light headed.
I keep thinking aboit things to keep me going with this journey and I think I've decided so far I want a home water birth so I can chill out. I did a little post and asked for some questions and it all sounds good. I would worry about baby being too big and getting stuck and being in danger etc but a private midwife said that what you don't hear is that when things like that happen, shoulder getting stuck etc its normally being the woman has had an epidural and then babies get stuck coz the woman is on her back.
So if your at home your not restricted to how much you can move and things like that rarely happen.
That even you can try labouring at home and if you can't cope with the pain then you can go into hospital but you can't go into hospital, realise your doing fine with water gas and air and then go home.
There's so many positive home births on there and I really think I want to at least try it.

thanx i will let you know they checked bean right after and heartbeat was fine yeah def finding out sex then going shopping ! x

I've been ringing and ringing hospital again this morning, there's 4 numbers on my letters but not 1 of them that I've rang I've spoke to someone.
It's so stupid.
There taking the mick!! X

i would love a home birth, but alot of hospitals dont let 1st time mothers have them, so i spose all depends if u have an easy pregnancy with no conplications, oh that sucks hayley duno y they bother giving numbers if they dont answer :growl:

glad bubbs is ok jenn :hugs: xx

thanx kelsey :) hayley when you speak to them ask for your consultants secretreys number so much easier and they have all your details so are more helpfull than reciptionists x

apartently its your right to have a home birth and they will persaude you not too but keep on at them. of course if youve had a bad pregnancy and have had problems all the way then thats fair enough thats its safer to go into hospital.
yeah i will ask jenn,
ive been out so havent been able to try again but i will know x

hope you contact them soon :) i personlly will have bean in hospital cos i will feel safer with nurses and docs there incase of emergancy but i know a girl who had a lovley home birth and it was what she wanted x

i just got through and she said i was due my appt in mid feb but they are working through the appointments and they havent forgot me, she said she will put on my information that i have rang twice and am really wanting to get seen some. hope it doesnt take too long x

you can have 2 midwives at home, i might consider hiring a private 1 but i would have to see how much they were. i think id personally be calmer and more relaxed at home coz ive never been in hospital and id be more nervous to go in. but i cant say until im in th situation and apartently the midwife wont talk about a home birth until your at least 36 weeks x

I haven't been on here for ages!

Hope everyones well :)

I had my scan on monday will put pics up soon, baby was just perfect :)

Jennie - sorry to hear about the ds risk. You got your results back late though? Maybe things are different where you live, I had the nuchal scan on Monday and they took bloods that day to and had results letter back on Wednesday. Did you get a letter detailing the numbers and risks. Does it say what in mm what the neck measurement was?

Try not to stress about it, i'm sure everything will be fine, thinking of you :flower:

they couldent do nuchal fold cos baby was all curled up so had blood test done and it said slightly high risk x

Hello ladies,

Sorry to hear about bubs being at risk of ds Jennie, hoping its good news for you next week !!!

There was a lady just the other week in Melbourne who was campaigning for more home births. Unfortunately she died about 4 weeks ago after giving birth to her baby as she had complications and didn't reach the hospital in time :( I personally feel much safer going to hospital, for both me and baby.

Hope you get your appointment through soon hayley !!

Well 39 weeks today (Sunday) after contractions and losing my mucus plug on Monday I've only had the odd twinges and aches. I'm pretty sure she has her head right by a nerve and when she moves her head by Christ it hurts :( lol. I've got to admit I am sooo ready to have her now, I'm uncomfortable, can't sleep, extremely snappy, achy, finding it hard to get in and out the car, even driving. I'm ready to meet our little girl, have lots of snuggles, put a face to her name, become mummy & daddy and start living our lives as a family :) I have a sweep on Wednesday, hoping it gets her moving :)

My mum and dad arrive in 9 hours ... So excited :) Got to be up in 6.5 hours to get ready and leave to pick them up.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends xxx

Hey Cheryl it be nice for your mum and dad to see you pregnant and with the baby. I'm sure she will be born whilst their there and your mum can be with you.
You might start before your sweep if your having constant niggles.
It's all very exciting.

Cant wait to see a picture of Isla x

i thought you might have had her for some reason lol let us know if anthing happens thanx you chick im really worried tbh :( its a one in 90 chance its got it :( so not mega high x

dont worry yourself jenn, its normally just a precaution x
do they ring you? x

Hello ladies,

I tried to write last night but the site was down.

Any news on bubs Jennie? I really hope you get good news this week !! Got everything crossed for you.

Well today I went to my hospital appointment. I asked the midwife last week if I could have a sweep. Anyways I took Ste, mum and dad with me today as I thought it'd be nice for mum and dad to hear Isla's heartbeat just incase she doesn't come while they are here. I chatted with the midwife, she took my blood pressure and measured my fundemental height and listened to her heartbeat. She's engaged as much as she will before labour :) she had her hand to her face the little cutie. My mum and dad left the room and I had a sweep, not as painful as I thought, just like bad period cramps. My cervix was thinned and soft, part of my cervix was open enough for her to do the sweep. My blood pressure was high so my midwife sent me for bloods and to monitor Isla's heartbeat for half an hour. I could possibly have preclampsia (sp) which is obvioulsy effects my liver, kidneys and the placenta, I'll get my results back tomorrow. My midwife spoke to the doctor and because of my blood pressure they are inducing me before we get any complications with me or Isla. So I go in Sunday afternoon for gels, my midwife said one lot of gels will more than likely be enough for me as my cervix is progressing nicely (you can only have 3 lots of gels) I'll stay in hospital overnight and if the gels work they will break my water early morning and we should have our baby girl on Monday. It's exciting but I must admit I am quite nervous now.

Hope your all enjoying your week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->