Myomectomy? Any one had one to remove a fibroid?

Wow! I did not even realize the recovery time is so long. When your over 35 and trying to conceive, 4 - 6 months can seem like eternity!!

Rashaa - sounds like you are on the road to success with alot of positives!! I hope they get everything out quickly and efficiently so you can begin the recovery process!!

Wow! I did not even realize the recovery time is so long. When your over 35 and trying to conceive, 4 - 6 months can seem like eternity!!

Rashaa - sounds like you are on the road to success with alot of positives!! I hope they get everything out quickly and efficiently so you can begin the recovery process!!

Hey Hockey,

well life throws curve balls :) (I just found out I am pregnant 3 days ago). Doc did blood tests and we are going in for a scan in the next week or so. My procedure was cancelled, and we will see where the attachment is in relation to the fibroid...crazy huh? :) I keep sayin Alhumdulelah (thanks to God).

Oh Rashaa, that is fantastic!!! What incredible timing!!! So glad :bfp: is keeping you from having that procedure. Sometimes things just work out they way they are supposed to! :yipee::yipee::wohoo:

Happy and healthy 9 months to you!! I'm so excited for you!!

:dust:

Hey Hockey,

well life throws curve balls :) (I just found out I am pregnant 3 days ago). Doc did blood tests and we are going in for a scan in the next week or so. My procedure was cancelled, and we will see where the attachment is in relation to the fibroid...crazy huh? :) I keep sayin Alhumdulelah (thanks to God).

OMG! Congrats Rashaa! Here's to a H&H 9mos for you and the little wee one. :happydance:

You're absolutely right--6mos seems like forever. The procedure went well, and I'm counting down the next 4mos already.

You're absolutely right--6mos seems like forever. The procedure went well, and I'm counting down the next 4mos already.

Yeah the recovery is quite long, and my doctor was concerned initially, given my age, and delaying TTC'ing...but I kept her message telling us we are pregnant [from the blood test] :-0 and God willing, the bean is sticky and will stay in place, is healthy etc.. etc... etc.... lol

hi ladies! i know this thread is kind of old but i was hoping to hear how some of your surgeries went? Right now i have a transmural fibroid 46-48mm and am waiting for AF to schedule a sonohysterogram to find out exactly if i'm going to need surgery. I'm very nervous about it all but i'm thinking it is probably best if have the surgery as we have been ttc 2 years and up til now the doctors haven't been concerned about my fibroid.

i found i haf them in my last pregence at 12 week scan my son now 5 hope it dont stop me ttc

I am sorry that I saw this thread so late. I have had two kinds of surgery to remove fibroids. The first was a myomectomy and the recovery was like post C-section (4-6 weeks) and the second type was like hysteroscopic myomectomy. The second type the recovery is a few days and we were able to try again in a couple of months. Hope this helps.

I am sorry that I saw this thread so late. I have had both two kinds of surgery to remove fibroids. The first was a myomectomy and the recovery was like post C-section (4-6 weeks) and the second type was like hysteroscopic myomectomy. The second type the recovery is a few days and we were able to try again in a couple of months. Hope this helps.

thanks for your reply! what kind did you have and what size if you don't mind me asking? So i see you are ttc #1?

thanks for your reply! what kind did you have and what size if you don't mind me asking? So i see you are ttc #1?

What kind of fibroids did I have? I had had intrauterine and extrauterine, if that's what you mean. The largest was the size of a very large grapefruit. I was reading as if I was 5 months pregnant (without the benefit!).

Hey guys I am home from resection of my fibroid. Going for followupwith doctor in a week. How is everyone doing? AFM my fibroid was submucosal. My mom had same 30+years ago, back then it was hysterectomy as the only option.

I have an appt next week to confirm whether I need to have a myomectomy to remove a fibroid that could be blocking implation.

Just curious what the recovery time is on this and if you can resume TTC the next month?

Anyone have any experience with this? :shrug:

i don’t really reply to stuff like this but i felt i had to do it as i was in your position an it was a hard time in my life,

I had a 8cm fibroid well that’s what I thought, I had a operation in may 2011 it was suppose to be laparoscopy which it started out to be but the surgeon notice it was a lot bigger than the scan had shown I lost 2 litres of blood and it turned into a emergency open myomectomy, the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!!!

I have a 4 yr old son and was TTC for 2 yrs before now. I found out I was pregnant in October 2011 which is 6 months after my operation, my doctor told me I could TTC as soon as I was physically able to which we did but yes it took 6 months, which is kind of weird it took 6 months to conceive my 1st child.

So please stay positive ovulation calendar and strips did help me but I think it was more my mind as well.

Good luck and baby dust for you all.xxxx
:dust:

I am two weeks post hysteroscopic resection - and the doctor may need to go and get more [waiting for Day 1 to schedule followup HSG]. Either we go back to surgery in the new year, or we start TTC'ing... I charted and temped and we conceived within 2 months of doing that...which told me, I just wasn't listening to my body to know when it was best to conceive..Unfortunately we m/c'ed that conception [ but given the size of my fibroid - it was to be expected].

good luck to all

I am two weeks post hysteroscopic resection - and the doctor may need to go and get more [waiting for Day 1 to schedule followup HSG]. Either we go back to surgery in the new year, or we start TTC'ing... I charted and temped and we conceived within 2 months of doing that...which told me, I just wasn't listening to my body to know when it was best to conceive..Unfortunately we m/c'ed that conception [ but given the size of my fibroid - it was to be expected].

good luck to all

Hi Rashaa, I had two MC within one year. After the 2nd MC I went to see a RE, who did alot of testing. After my HSG i found out I had a fibroid and it was removed via a Hysteroscopic resecton on Nov. 28th. My fibroid was about 3cm. MD states the fibroid could have caused my MC. I am currently recovering and doing well. MY MD told me that if all goes well I can ttc after my next cycle. Continue to stay positive and good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi ladies,
i am glad i found this thread. i have a 2.6cm fibroid in the posterior section (not sure what this is!) the Obgyn told me in Sept 2010 that it shouldn't cause any issues in ttc as the egg can find somewhere else to plant itself. But here i am 14 months later with not a whiff of a bfp.
I am now wondering whether it is indeed interfering with implantation.
Reading your posts has given me something to think about and to talk to the FS when we see him in January. I knew I should have listened to my gut instinct

hi ladies,
i am glad i found this thread. i have a 2.6cm fibroid in the posterior section (not sure what this is!) the Obgyn told me in Sept 2010 that it shouldn't cause any issues in ttc as the egg can find somewhere else to plant itself. But here i am 14 months later with not a whiff of a bfp.
I am now wondering whether it is indeed interfering with implantation.
Reading your posts has given me something to think about and to talk to the FS when we see him in January. I knew I should have listened to my gut instinct

Hi Aleja, I strongly encourage you to talk to your FS about the fibroid. The reality is that alot of women get pregnant and carry to term healty babies. It is also a fact that fibroids can be a cause of fertility problems (MC or getting pregnant). I decided to have the fibroid removed because I didn't want that to be a POSSIBLE cause of a MC. Once the fibroid is removed there is a chance that it can grow again. Keep the faith and good things to come in 2012.

thanks love2006 you are so right. even the possibility of no PG or MC due to fibroids is a concern to me and I will definitely be talking to the doc about it. lucky it is not the same doc as I really didn't like the other one who was a bit dismissive about the whole thing. take care and all the best

tomorrow i go for my saline ultrasound to see if my fibroid is distorting my uterus or affecting implantation,. i'm a bit nervous to be honest, not of the procedure, just what the results will be!

tomorrow i go for my saline ultrasound to see if my fibroid is distorting my uterus or affecting implantation,. i'm a bit nervous to be honest, not of the procedure, just what the results will be!

GL teddybear and hopefully you will get some answers. it is nerve-wrecking but at the same time it is one step closer in the right direction. Let us know how it went :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->