Need a buddy. AF due 10/29!!!

Hi girls!
I have such a dumb question I may be kicked out of this thread. lol. Does anyone have superstitions about sex the couple days after ovulation? Is there a way for it to ruin something that would have maybe started growing and attaching? I've never really thought much of it but my OH is really on me these few days and I think I o'd monday or tuesday but he convinces me each night still:) I think deep down I know it cant mess anything up, but am I wrong?
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your friday!!

:haha: that's a funny question! I don't know the definite answer to that one but I think it's fine to keep having sex after O. However, I do remember reading somewhere that if you've had previous miscarriages then sometimes you are advised to abstain from sex for the first trimester in case this brings about miscarriage. But I've read other stuff that says it's fine to have sex after BFP unless you start spotting afterwards in which case give it a rest. But I've never read that you should abstain from between O and when you get a BFP. In fact, I've also read that one study suggested 70% of couples get pregnant when they BD every day of the month - not sure why this is. Also, I've read so many different books and articles over the last few months and sometimes they give conflicting advice. Personally, I tend to be quite tired after a few days of marathon BD-ing around O time that I'm not really in the mood for it the next few days! Today I'm exhausted as we were up till about 1.30 trying to catch that little egg so I don't think there'll be much BD-ing around here tonight! x

hey ladies, just wanted to let you guys know I have 2 other theads goin on, One in TTC and one in 2WW Both called Halloween Testers! So since all you guys are testing around halloween too, you are welcome to join us over there too!! =)

Thanks ladies for responding to my silly question! I will assure you I am actually a college educated woman. Lol. It just seems that, you know, all that "jostling" around could maybe prevent implanting or something!
If a BFP EVER graces my life again I am sure i'll refrain for the 1st trimester just out of fear of ruining it since i've lost before. I may actually wrap myself in bubble wrap and put myself on a strict bedrest! Haha. im going to be such a freak, hope my OH can handle me.

Thanks for the invite Kylarsmom! I will be a bit ahead of the Halloween testers since im AF due about the 25th. Im not planning on testing at all unless I miss it cuz it comes every month!

That's a silly question that most want to ask about but just don't . Thanks for asking.

Leave it to me! Truth is- on here somewhere....I read a girl said you should only do it 1 day after O and then rest and "let everything settle". So, then I thought maybe i'd see further opinion on the subject matter. I agree with Kylarsmom though by thinking that whether or not its going to happen shouldnt depend on if you DTD after O or not....maybe just do it more gently:haha:

Hows everyone coming along with the wait? Feeling things hopeful or not hopeful?

Hi everyone

I'm sitting here with a large glass of pineapple juice (supposed to help thicken uterine lining and improve chances of implantation) - and it's a sunny day outside - so today I'm feeling positive and hopeful. Yesterday I was feeling really tired and miserable and not hopeful at all. So I think this might be an indication of how it will be during the 2WW this time! Flitting from one to the other! :hugs:

Morning! 2 Dpo today! wahoo! My temp was way up today so that's a good indication I really did O 2 days ago, I was beginning to worry I hadn't because I was still cramping and still had a +OPK. But I read the surge can last days after actual O and to go based off temps. So that's what I did!! Feeling relatively normal, but I just got up. So who knows . Really going to try my hardest not to symptom spot this month. So anything that could be passed off as normal Im just not even trying to notice. Last month I drove myself insane with the ss

Still no AF yet for more.... however she usually arrives right on time... I have been extremely tired the last few days like ready for bed at 4pm..... But i'm not sure if thats cause of my leg and it takes alot out of me to walk around work all day or something else.... got giving up yet... just not very hopeful I guess.

ooh - swepakepa - being very tired is a good sign! Fingers crossed for you!

I'm going out this evening for a friend's birthday - she's about 5 months pregnant which is the same point that I would be if I didn't have the m/c in June. Hold out some happy thoughts for me that I'll be able to be brave and be happy for her and not feel sad and jealous x

hiya every1
im sure im around the same time im unsure though as its my first month im on 50mg of clomid i take this on cd 2-6 and my cycles are normally 28 days im on cd 14 now so im 2ww at the min would i test near any1 here? when you ovulate do u tell by your temp going up? plz help me im new to all this i have a son whos nearly 5 but he was conceived naturally looking for some cycle buddies 2 , this clomid is driving me insane haha good luck every1 ;-)

Oh how sad Leeze, so sorry to hear, but just stay positive and think that this is your month! and it will all be worth it when its said and done and you have your own baby!

Welcome Jordansmum! You are about right on track with us in this group! AF is due 29-31 for me, with a 30-31 day cycle! You can tell by your temp going up , but it may go up numerous times, its supposed to stay up for about 3 days, but not always. Have you tried Fertilityfriend.com? It is free for the first 30 days, and you can plug in your temps and it will chart it for you, and tell you when IT thinks you ovulated, its pretty cool . Also-- See on my signature where it says how many DPO you are? Click that, and go to tickers, and TTC tickers, then enter your info (your lmp, your cycle length and your LP.) and it will tell you when you should of ovulated and how many DPO you are! Hope this helps! Good luck and check back with us frequently to keep us updated!!

yea will do deffo thanks for the warm welcome with not understanding it all i didnt know if i was around the same time so hoping for us all to be talking about pregnancy next month that would be great i so wish u all the best of luck av u all been bding every other day or have u been doing it everyday? is this ur first time on clomid? whens the best time to check if ur preg is it a couple of days before u are due or do u have to be over ? thanks again ;-)

Im not on clomid or anything other than vitamins. But we did it up til the day before O, periodically, as DH was sick, but we were trying for everyday but had a 2 day gap bc of him being sick, then we did the day before O then we stopped. You? Well it depends when you implant. Implantation takes 7-12 days, sometimes longer, so if you are a lucky one who implants around day 7, you could possibly test around 10 dpo. But if you are patient enough to wait, its recommended to test the day of your expected period, or anytime after. A lot of times when you test early, you may get a + and then have a chemical pregnancy. but if you hadnt tested early, you wouldnt even know, so some choose not to test early b/c they'd rather not know they had a chemical.

i'm going to wait for 10/18 thats when AF is expected

swepakepa3 thats only 2 days away!!!!!! I cant wait to see what happens with you!!

me neither i hope its good news could do with some success stories to give me hope .. im on clomid i take it cd 2-6 and im on cd14 and my cycles are 28 days , so only 2 weeks i so hope this works ;-) i have a son whos nearly 5 i conceived him naturally but ever since we have not used protection as we wanted to get our family started but its never happened ;-( both of us have been for all the tests and everythings come back clear it dosnt make sence .. i had a mc 6 months b4 i got caught with my son i should of been 12 weeks but it died at 9 weeks doctors didnt believe me at my 12 weeks scan sure enough my feelings were right i knew there was something wrong its a mothers instinct plus the pain was pretty bad , have a d&c and it had started breaking up inside me and i actually started in labour as they left so much inside me not good ;-( wen i got caught with my son i was over the moon with wot i went through so just hoping i can give him a brother or sister he keeps asking for ;-) just thought id give u a little bit of my back ground also b4 i had the mc while i was preg they did me a scan a mmr i think where they put dye through ur veins i swear this is what caused mc due to it still sticking !! should of sued them as they were ment to carry out a preg test prior to testing! hope i havent rambled to much but to be honest i feel so much better getting all that off my chest!! goodd luck 2 u all this month lets all get into that pregnancy club!!! come on ladys we can do it !! how comes you dont take clomid? im not gunna test early would be upset if i got a chemical pregnancy so thanks for the advice there ;-) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->