need avice girls quick ?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by fulltimemum, Dec 22, 2009.

1. fulltimemum

fulltimemum Well-Known Member

right girls my mum and dad got divored when i was 13 im now 23 and only started seeing my dad again after my mum died

rigth now my mum died at the age of 48 .8 years ago gone october

now my second oldest brother has just told me my dad wants and needs my mums death certiftce and wont tell my brother the reason and said he needs it after xmas

why would my dad need her death certifitce after all this time 8 years and they had been divored for so long why would he need it .its really pissing me off now :cry:

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I don't have a clue. Just say no unless he tells you a good reason.

3. Aidan's Mummy

Aidan's Mummy Mummy to Aidan and Oliver

I havnt a clue hun

Ask him th reason and dont give it him until he does

But cant he just go to the registary office and get it??
    xx

4. fulltimemum

he even told my brother not to tell any one including me he is being a sneaky man about it .now iv been told that he has lied about having cancer .he told hes m8 that the docotr was wrong and hes got summit els wrong with him .but 8 years ago he told me and my mam and 2 btrothers he had 6 moths to live with lung cancer eating him away

5. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

He sounds weird - don't give him the certificate unless he gives you a REAL reason.

6. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

did they have a morgage together could be for insurance of some sort that they might have not had cancelled

7. fulltimemum

well for soem reason he dont want me knowing coz to be honset he knows i dont take any shit from him .so sounds harsh but we had photo copies of my mus death certifte and just burnt them coz he knows were we use to keep the photo copyied ones and only i have orignal now my brother has just gave it to me .and is gona tell my dad if he wants it get it of our leanne but she wants to no why

8. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

If they were divorced before she died then legally he has no need nor entitlement to any official documents pertaining to her. The union was severed and so he wouldn't even be entitled to anything, for example, pension pay outs etc. My grandad was a fisherman and he and my nanna divorced years before he died. I remember about 5 years after his death the family were awarded some sort of compensation or something (sketchy on the exact details as I was only about 13 at the time) and my mum and all her sisters and brother each got a share of the money, but my nanna wasn't entitled, so they all clubbed together to give her the same amount they got. I wouldn't hand anything over without good reason. I'm not saying your dad is up to anything but with official documents such as a death certificate you need to be sure of what it's been used for, as he would no longer have been her next of kin, you and your brother would. xx

9. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

surely the only reason someone would want a death cert is out of either gain of some sort, or to prove someone died

10. Loverman

Loverman Proud Daddy to Leo-6.4.11

He may need it to realse some accounts in a fund that was not mentioned in the will or to release some property. These will all require the death certificate before the release the whole lot to him!

11. fulltimemum

i found out what my dad wants it for to check what my mum spent her money on .the bank said he needs my brother to be there and they will show him .how mutcyh she took out .what years she did and etc i have told my dad it has nothing to do with him he said well what if she has lent money out and nop one paid her back i said and after 8 years what do i say to peopele give me my mums money back :dohh:

12. babe2ooo

babe2ooo mum to Jack

thats silly, why does he need to know that, just tell him no

13. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I think hes telling you a bit of a porker there.

Id say no and that would be the end of it.

14. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Yeah I'd be inclined to say NO in that case. Sounds a bit iffy to me :shrug: xx

15. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

I agree say no. It doesnt make sense even if he can see that she took money out it aint going to say and she lent x amount to ..... is it?

16. fulltimemum

i have told him he is not getting and hes words were f**k out you little ciow bag shuve it up your arse

just shows how mutch my dad cares about me

17. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

:growlmad: So rude, makes it sound like he did want it for something else otherwise why would he be so bothered?

Sorry he was so rude to you hun :hugs: