Need daily support buddies!

Megan wow thts sounds like a really nice plan and I so hope u have already caught ur eggy and by the time u return it's a BFp for u, u so deserve it!!
N everyone of us does !!! Hope we all become bump buddy soon!!

Starluck finally u got positive opk don't worry my Ov was a lil late too this time and ur very right for going to vitamins if at all u suspect ur lp to be at lower side well m just waiting for the result of this cycle fx fx fx fx for all!!

Maggz and hairftsher how's it going guys !!

Here is my view and my limited knowledge on ferning. I learned of it last month and researched like a crazy person about everything fertility. Now I am a bit more sane and relaxed.

Ferning is a phenomenon that occurs in our fluids i.e. cervical and salivary fluids. An abstract can be found here

https://www.craigmedical.com/ovulation_abstract.htm

It is believed that the high increase in estrogen that is released right before a woman ovulates causes these ferns to occur in her dried saliva. (TMI: I tried looking at the Cervical mucus under the microscope, I never saw any ferning whatsoever, so stick with the saliva if you are going to try this.)

There are many websites that try to show what no ferning is vs partial ferning vs full ferning. Those pictures are a very very very basic starting point, and can lead to frustration, disheartenment, and outrage. Generally no ferning, has no ferns or what I call bubble ferns. Partial ferning can be anything between scratchy looking ferns to wavy small ferns. Full ferning is long straight ferns that have no bubbles and are really close together.

I (b/c I am a nerd), conducted my own experimental observations so that I could better understand my body. I bought a microscope off of Amazon and bought 100 slides. Every morning when I rose, I "gleeted" on my slide. (That is when you cause a steam of saliva to flow out like a sprinkler from under your tongue. I am such a tomboy.) Gleeting as opposed to spitting on the slide allowed me to attain a perfect sample void of useless bubbles. It was the act of saving these slides that allowed me to get an idea of how No/partial/and full ferning looked for MY OWN BODY. Once you have an idea, you do not need all of the equipment.

If you are at all interested in looking at ferning, I would advise you to go the children's section and getting a toy microscope for $10.00. It works and allows you to use slides, unlike the lipstick versions. The lipstick version magnifies the saliva sample 60X, most toy microscopes magnify the sample 100X. I figured, I can give the microscope to my baby when they get 8 years old....lol

After my experimental fertility month I learned that all of my signs lined up perfectly. That meant there was no need to use a million methods when one or two would suffice. OPKs, Ferning, CP, CM, and BBT. So I chose the Cervical mucus and BBT this month. I only OPK'd when I saw EWCM, it of course confirm what I already knew. BBT allows me to see when I have ovulated (which gives me a way more accurate delivery date.)

Hope all of this is helpful.

Tuamora I have used ferning method too I started using it from my last cycle and this one too last one bieng my first and this cycle I used it in conjunction with opks and temping and I use saliva for ferning test as oppose to the cervical fluid and the one I got is fertile focus and it's quite easy to use just like a lipstick and u can carry it anywhere and use it as many times u want so quote economical

My take on ferning method is , both the cycles I got ferning (almost full) right before my ovulation and few partial in the fertile phase of mine however I got few partial during my periods the first two days dnt knw why may be estrogen plays some role there too but it's also quite interesting to see and the ferning pattern which appears Luks beautiful guys!!

I tested always first thing in the morning right before brushing cuz thts what it says to and I really like tht it Luks so pretty

I think fertile focus does not need a slide as well it's pretty easy to use

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000S2O1CI?pc_redir=1407223935&robot_redir=1

I saw the Fertile Focus and other fertility microscopes, I just wanted to get a real microscope so that I can use it later for homeschooling...lol Any microscope will work.

I finally got a positive opk! :happydance:

https://i60.tinypic.com/14lok7b.jpg

Dang tuamora you've got all this on lock!! That's some awesome info.

Pearly and MrsR you're gonna join this month I can feel it :D

AFM I'm good, minimal symptoms which is to be expected at only 4 weeks. I've had a little bit of nausea but not throwing up yet thankfully...
I had a doctors appt today and booked the first ultrasound which will be Sep 5th. Very excited for it :D Other than that just trying to stay calm and positive :)

:dust: for all of you my friends I really wish and pray that we all get to be bump buddies!!!

Nooooo!!! I'm so sorry hon :( :( :hugs:

Thankyou so much guys u guys have been really supportive !!
Wishing all the ladies in tww good luck and hope to see lots f bfps!!

Can't believe it still pearly. :nope:
I want you to be my bump buddy... next cycle girl!

Good morning ladies,

How are you?

Pearly I hope you are not feeling very very bad now.

Who is TWW now? Because of the holiday I lost the track a bit.

Here is nothing special. I am charting and checking CM regulary but now I am mostly curious. It is my second months so it should show the same patters as the last one. Who knows :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->