Need daily support buddies!

Thank you starluck and I am sending thoughts and prayers your way that eveything will get worked out.

I just got a call from the RE.

Both estrogen and progesterone are lower than normal so they are calling in a prescription for me to start both today. Estrogen pills twice a day and a progesterone cream up the wahoo ;) once a day.

I keep taking them until Oct. 20th and I will take a HPT then if I haven't gotten AF yet. If the test is negative, I stop the meds and my period will start. If the test is positive, I call the RE and go in to have HCG levels measured that day :thumbup:

I'm glad to have a path forward. I'm hoping this is enough to get me pregnant. FX!

That sounds great starluck! Hoping it will work great for you! My HCG levels were at 55 on Monday which is good because they need to drop to zero. Since they weren't below 20 I go in again and have them checked on Monday to make sure they dropped the rest of the way down. They went from 44-72-272-113-55. The 44 to 72 was ok because it pretty much doubled in 48 hours, but when I had them checked when I started spotting and they were at 272 they should have been at at least 1000 by then. So just waiting for them to decrease to zero and then we have to wait 2 regular cycles before we try again. I'm scared to death to try again just thinking about it. Going through this twice since we started trying 8 months ago has been horrible. Obviously we can get pregnant, but we can't stay pregnant. My doctor said he normally doesn't recommend testing until after you've had 3 mcs because most of the time you won't find a reason and it's chalked up to bad luck. But I think I'm going to see if they can just check my thyroid and hormone levels to make sure they are normal, because if it's something as simple as that, I don't want to go through yet another mc and then find out it was something easy like that. So when they call me about my next HCG results on Monday I'm going to get that set up to be checked. I am praying it will be something that can be fixed because we want to have a child so bad. I'm so hoping we will be blessed with a healthy baby sometime. :cry:

Megan, I think it's a good idea to have some hormones, etc checked. I would also want to have things checked out before going through that again. Big hugs :hugs:

Ya Megan I think you are going in a correct way by getting your hormones checked
My hsg is scheduled for Friday n m so scared!!
Starluck please tell me all the procedure your RE took u thru as once hsg is done m gonna be going to follow same path getting everything tested, please guide me Hun!

And for cd 21 test shouldn't it be done at 7 dpo? I mean as per the norm Ov is cd 14 so cd 21 is 7 dpo ???

Starluck, so happy the news got a little better for you.

Megan I hope things look a little brighter from here for you. I think you def should do what you think is best as well. The last thing we want after ttc for so many months is to have to take a break and then have to go back to ttc 2 months later when things could get done in the meantime to eliminate possible causes off your list!

You ladies are wonderful. Thank you so much for all your advice and support. Hang in there Pearly. It will be ok.:hugs:

Ya Megan I think you are going in a correct way by getting your hormones checked
My hsg is scheduled for Friday n m so scared!!
Starluck please tell me all the procedure your RE took u thru as once hsg is done m gonna be going to follow same path getting everything tested, please guide me Hun!

And for cd 21 test shouldn't it be done at 7 dpo? I mean as per the norm Ov is cd 14 so cd 21 is 7 dpo ???

Hey Pearly :) aw hun try to stay calm. Many women get hsg. I'm sure it is NOT pleasant (let's be real), but women are amazing and we can handle a lot when it is asked of us.

Here is my whole RE procedure in a nutshell :) At the beginning of my cycle (I think it was cycle day 7, it was my first visit with them) they did blood work and a vaginal ultrasound to check that follicles were growing and hormones and some other things (vitamin D3) looked OK. Everything came back normal. They had me come back in on cycle day 16 to check if I had ovulated - they did more blood work and a vaginal ultrasound. They confirmed I did not ovulate yet (I knew that based on my chart and cervical fluid but they had to make sure). I went back in on cycle day 20 to check again to see if I had ovulated (I knew I hadn't, but they had to check to be sure) - more blood work and another vaginal ultrasound. I still did not ovulate, but they could tell that things were leading up to ovulation and I would ovulate soon. According to my chart I ovulated on cycle day 22. They had me come in on cycle day 25 since I had just ovulated and they could get a clear picture of my estrogen and progesterone levels AFTER ovulation. If they had taken my blood work on cycle day 21, I would not have ovulated yet and the blood work would have been useless. This is why it's important to know which day you actually ovulate on - not all women ovulate around cycle day 14!

Now I've just got my fingers crossed that the estrogen and progesterone supplements work and my period doesn't come!! Even if the pregnancy test is negative, that would suck but it would be OK as long as my luteal phase extends to a normal length. If my period comes even while I'm on hormone support, I'm not sure what the next step would be :/ So, for now, staying positive, praying and keeping everything crossed that this will work :)

bathing myself and all of us in baby dust <3

:dust: :dust: :dust:

:hugs: Megan :hugs: I'm so sorry to see you had another MC. I am really hoping you can get some answers from your dr.

Good morning to everyone from the east coast of the U.S. :coffee:

I haven't been on for a few weeks and I've missed you all. Trying to play catch up today as much as possible :)

Things have been busy (work, RE appointments, teaching yoga, etc) and I've been trying to keep my mind from obsessing about TTC this cycle :p so I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks. I've also been feeling down about this whole thing - these RE appointments are costing us about $1000 out of our pocket this month (insurance is covering some of it and that's just for a 'monitoring cycle' where they are trying to confirm what's happening - i.e. I'm not getting any actual treatments).

I've had 4 RE appointments this cycle - blood work and vaginal ultrasounds to "prove" that my luteal phase is really that short (i.e. 6-7 days) and that I'm ovulating when I think I am. The RE said if my luteal phase is really that short that it is rare so they wanted to use this cycle to confirm that.

I ovulated on Sunday (CD22) so I went in today at 3 dpo just for bloodwork so they can check on my progesterone levels. I should hear from them this afternoon. So far this cycle everything looks normal (I am ovulating when I think I am, estrogen levels are good, other hormones and vitamin levels look good (TSH, Vitamin D3, prolactin, AMH, etc)), so I am really interested to hear what my results are today and what the RE recommends moving forward.

So nice to hear of you. I was thinking about your several times :)

I am glad that they take your serious and they are going to help you to fix it. Finger crossed for you.

Megan I think you are right you should go and get them checked. Better to know and see if there is anything wrong. I can totally understand if you would like to avoid a 3rd mc.
I hope you are doing okish nowday even if it very hard to deal with.

I'm hanging in there Khatif. Almost done with this mc. Still barely spotting, but not enough to really have to wear anything. Still have a bit of an upset stomach, but I think that's due to stress. Just anxious to go get my HCG levels checked again on Monday to make sure they dropped down to zero. I'm sure they have. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms and haven't for a few days. When the nurse calls me on Monday to tell me my results I'm going to get set up to have my thyroid and hormone levels checked. I'm hoping we can find something there that can be easily fixed and then go from there. If those all come back normal then I'll be really concerned it may be something worse. I thought this process of ttc was going to be fun and exciting. It hasn't been. :cry:

I'm hanging in there Khatif. Almost done with this mc. Still barely spotting, but not enough to really have to wear anything. Still have a bit of an upset stomach, but I think that's due to stress. Just anxious to go get my HCG levels checked again on Monday to make sure they dropped down to zero. I'm sure they have. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms and haven't for a few days. When the nurse calls me on Monday to tell me my results I'm going to get set up to have my thyroid and hormone levels checked. I'm hoping we can find something there that can be easily fixed and then go from there. If those all come back normal then I'll be really concerned it may be something worse. I thought this process of ttc was going to be fun and exciting. It hasn't been. :cry:

I really wish I could hug you in person. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Megan sending u all the love and hugs ur way Hun xoxoxo do
Starluck Hun to u as well for typing in such an elaborative way to explain me things
Thanks a lot again dear really appreciate and hopefully for u as well as for all f is things sorts out soon!! Tomm is hsg hope it goes well

I am so nauseous today. :sick: It is way too early for this to be any kind of pregnancy symptom, I am sure this is from the progesterone suppositories - it's a common side effect. I woke up feeling a little nauseous but thought maybe I was just hungry. I had breakfast and felt much better for a little while and the nausea came right back. I am craving ginger tea like crazy! I'm going to buy some today, hope it helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->