Need daily support buddies!

Hi Guys,

I am completely new to all of this and this is the first site i have joined. i am currently with my partner only 3 months, but we have been talking a lot and have decided to try for a baby. I know if it was any of my friends i would tell them they are crazy but something about this feels so right. i am 24 and he is 27. I have just completed a Masters in Psychology and he has a really good job in IT and also does stock trading and he has just bought his own place so we are pretty well set up.

He is sooo excited and is looking up furniture for the nursery and has names picked etc etc... all the usual stuff i suppose.

i guess what i am wondering is do you guys think i am crazy or do you think we have a chance? we are living together and he is really amazing and i am really excited about the thought of having a family with him, i guess i just thought i would be married before this happened, but thats just the old fashionedness in me coming out lol....

we have only been trying for a week... but i would just like some advice..

thanks for reading :) x

Hello ShellyC and welcome! I do not know your circumstances, but I would hate for you to get pregnant with someone you've only known 3 months and then realize it was a mistake. I do not know if you have known him for longer than that and just started dating, but having a child is a big deal and even though it may seem exciting and like it would be fun for you two, you may want to think about it more. You're so young and have plenty of time to have a child. Granted I have no right to tell you what to do or how to live your life, but something to think about. Bringing a life into this world is a precious gift and you just want to make sure you are doing it for the right reasons is all.

I would say three months is too soon - I'd be cautious about the 'honeymoon' period. I'd enjoy the relationship without the stresses that TTC etc will bring. That's not to say it can't work, but I'd wait a bit longer to be certain! Is there any reason why both of you want to start trying so soon? If my partner had wanted to at 3 months I would have been a little concerned .Good luck anyway x

yes i know it is really soon, and even though i am very level headed and usually the thought of this would kinda scare me, it just feels right.

we have discussed everything, from parenting methods, to what type of birth we want etc etc.. but i must say i agree, i dont know why it came up, im not sure what sparked the idea but we both seemed to want it...

its a strange one, i know a child isint just something you can give back, i ahve a degree in Early Childhood Studies and have worked as a preschool teacher and in creches, along with having a huge extended family, so i am very aware of how demanding children can be. i have always wanted children, but as i said, i didnt think this is how it would come about!

I dont know... This guy is in the process of looking for a house to buy for us, it all seems a little too good to be true right now, maybe i should slow it down...

Hello ShellyC,

I think it way too early. To read study books and to have children in your family in not even remotely close to how is it when you have one. I know most of the people think they know how is it to have a baby, but they are wrong.
To go through all stress what TTC, pregnancy and birth brings you need to have a stable relationship with some you love you and you love him more then anything.
If your relationship goes wrong you will have a life you may regret. But you may the lucky one and you have find the love of your life.
I would wait atleast a year to see how things are going.

Hello ladies,

How are you? Loobs where are you?

Starluck and Megan I wish you all the luck and really all the best from my heart. Please do not leave us and report on your progress I want to see when you guys have a healthy baby in your arm.

I count myself DPO1 even though I don't have the cross from FF yet. I am very relaxed since there is not chance we got lucky this month. We could BD only once because DH work. So I am just waiting for AF and then hope to have better schedule next month

yes i think you are right..

i know i would be a great mum and its something i really want, but i think this "idea" has just spiralled out of control and to be brutally honest, he is more into it than I...
I dont know why tho! maybe i should be questioning that more so than anything else.

Hi :wave:

I've been having a little break from BnB. I've been really ill with shingles :( I had some medication from the doctor and was told not to TTC this cycle. Being here was really difficult cos I felt totally powerless with having to take a month off. But then my illness really took hold and TTC was the furthest thing from my mind.

Anyways, I've not had a proper catch up on you all yet so it's a pretty selfish post. I'm on CD15 and I kinda think that as I was ill and taking medication during AF and before I even ovulated, theres no harm if this is our month for a BFP. So we haven't prevented but haven't particularly tried either. I have no idea if I have ovulated yet, I'm not charting or OPKing. Sex has really been the furthest thing from my mind until I started to feel better a few days go. So we will see. Part of me thinks that cos we've been a bit more relaxed this cycle it might just happen!

x

Hi everyone!

I think this is a great forum is a great idea. :thumbup:
Support is so important.
A little about me...I am 38, newly married for under a month :wedding: and we are starting to try right away.
This is the first for both of us, I had an unplanned MC about 3 years ago. :nope:
Concidering my age etc, I hoping for fast positive result, however I am preparing for a long journey :shrug:

Hi everyone!

I think this is a great forum is a great idea. :thumbup:
Support is so important.
A little about me...I am 38, newly married for under a month :wedding: and we are starting to try right away.
This is the first for both of us, I had an unplanned MC about 3 years ago. :nope:
Concidering my age etc, I hoping for fast positive result, however I am preparing for a long journey :shrug:

Welcome!

I hope you don't need to wait too long.

Hi Guys,

I am completely new to all of this and this is the first site i have joined. i am currently with my partner only 3 months, but we have been talking a lot and have decided to try for a baby. I know if it was any of my friends i would tell them they are crazy but something about this feels so right. i am 24 and he is 27. I have just completed a Masters in Psychology and he has a really good job in IT and also does stock trading and he has just bought his own place so we are pretty well set up.

He is sooo excited and is looking up furniture for the nursery and has names picked etc etc... all the usual stuff i suppose.

i guess what i am wondering is do you guys think i am crazy or do you think we have a chance? we are living together and he is really amazing and i am really excited about the thought of having a family with him, i guess i just thought i would be married before this happened, but thats just the old fashionedness in me coming out lol....

we have only been trying for a week... but i would just like some advice..

thanks for reading :) x

I'm going to go ahead and say YES, you are crazy. BUT, a hell of a lot of people are crazy, so you are in good company.

The most important thing, I think, is that you realize that if you go ahead and choose to have a baby, you need to be prepared to raise that child on your own, without bitterness or sadness in your heart.

If you want to have a baby whether or not you are married, single, together, rich or poor, then go right ahead. In fact, I think that goes for everyone - who knows what the future will bring.

Just remember, anything worth doing is worth waiting for. If you are both in a hurry, I think you need to ask yourself WHY are you in a rush and HOW you can set your life up the best to make this the best possible world for your future child.

Good luck!

Hi everyone.... Sorry for my loooooong absence.

Mrs. R....you've been on my mind so much. You are the main reason that I have logged onto baby and bump, joined, and participated. I know it is just a matter of time before you get a sticky bean. So tons and tons of love and hugs from me Rachelle.

ShellyC.....new love is always AMAZING. I have been in three serious relationships. The first relationship was at 19 years old, got married 3 MONTHS after meeting and ended in me getting an annulment after 5 1/2 years due to my finding out he was married to not only me but two other women at the same time. The second lasted for three years but he was not serious about life. I am now in a committed relationship that has been 5 ½ years. We are completely compatible, and we just got engaged and expecting our little one.

It took me to reach late 20's early 30's to really get to know myself, my true desires, and needs. The only way to do that is to be selfish for a couple of years. It is okay to be with your guy as long as you both respect one another as individuals. You may find that heis absolutely amazing and you grow together. On the other hand you may find the opposite, and you grow apart. It is important to get to know your significant other without the interference of other people (including baby). Build a strong foundation, know what makes him happy, sad, indifferent, and let him learn that of you. Try new activities together, travel, and learn to love. Once you have seen each other and are comfortable without the makeup, through noxious gas, life's woes, and tragedies, will you know if you are ready to start a family with one another.

As I look back on life in the past few days, I am so happy it is my fiancé who is the father to my child, and not the others I chose in the past.

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished by 24. You are AMAZING!!!!

Starluck my fingers are totally crossed for u Hun!! And for all here
Welcome ShellyC!!
My hsg is done n m so so relieved it went pretty well had crampings but no pain and my tubes are all clear yayyy
Letsc what's next but one hurdle crossed!! I was nervous about this test for 5omites my cramping lasted and indeed it was awful but the best part it lasted for 5 mins thts it and I was done :) :) wishing everyone here all the v best !!

:hugs: Loobs - I hope you are feeling better soon. Shingles is awful.

Shelly C, I think you already got some good advice. I wouldn't rush into it.

Welcome Jenny Bean! I wish you quick luck for a BFP :)

Tuamora, did I miss your BFP announcement? Or do I somehow not remember it? In any case, congratulations!!!

Pearly, so glad your HSG went well and wasn't too bad! Yay! :happydance:

As for me, I'm 6dpo (luteal phase usually 6 or 7 days) and I'm feeling like AF is on her way. My temp dropped a little this morning and I'm feeling fatigued and crampy. I'm praying this progesterone and estrogen supplementation is working and AF stays away for at least another week if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

Starluck my fingers are totally crossed for u Hun!! And for all here
Welcome ShellyC!!
My hsg is done n m so so relieved it went pretty well had crampings but no pain and my tubes are all clear yayyy
Letsc what's next but one hurdle crossed!! I was nervous about this test for 5omites my cramping lasted and indeed it was awful but the best part it lasted for 5 mins thts it and I was done :) :) wishing everyone here all the v best !!

Great news! I'm glad that you had no pain and now everything is clear! I hope all the best for you

According to FF I'm at 4DPO instead of 3. I am fine with it even though it makes our little chance even lesser but at least I only have to wait 8 days for the new cycle.

Loob, I hope you feel better. I can totally understand if you want to take a bit of break from the site and try to be more relaxed about the whole TTC. I feel the same.

They reallyhelp you get an idea of when. U o and ty mrs.r yes its difficult but what can i do but keep trying booowho lol
Hi baby rose, I am coming up to 8 months this week too and been feeling very low this month. Just got that feeling of despondency! I am going for my first fertility reflexology session today as heard that can be good and as I'm so anxious in general I think anything to try and relax can't help! I think I O this month as had pains and always do as far as I know but used the cheapy OPK sticks and somehow managed to miss detecting it! AF due next weekend. Have started getting breast pain really bad in the week before the last few months (only since TTC,) and don't have it now and had achey period liked pains the last three or four days. But now uncommon to me. I constantly have symptoms and nothing!!!

Star luck

I didn't make a formal announcement. I guess I am very fearful of a miscarriage so I don't want to get too excited. I have been keeping a daily journal. I don't want to leave until you guys are in BFP Paradise too. That was a promise I made to MrsR a while ago.

I hope the progesterone starts kicking in for you, and you get your BFP this month...

Tuamora - I must have missed your BFP. Congratulations girl! Hope you're keeping well.

MrsR - So so sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

Thanks for all your kind wishes ladies. I'm feeling much better and I'm going back to work tomorrow. Today is CD17, I have no idea if I have ovulated already or not. I've not used OPKs or been taking any notice of CM. We've not BD'd as much as previous cycles but theres a chance.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->