Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Well going from first day of last period it’s 16th June. That’s 8 days before my DS’s birthday. But I know they’ll amend that at the first scan by a week as I’ve clealy only got pregnant in the last 14 or so days as I’d have got a result on the FRER in CD31 otherwise.

Not really sure what I do now. Last time I made an appointment with the GP who didn’t do much apart from book me in with the midwife at around 8 weeks I think?!?

Do I just call the surgery and request an appointment with the midwife in a few weeks?

Depends on your GP I suppose I had to self refer to the midwifes when I found out I was pregnant with DD. Maybe worth calling gp & saying you just found out your pregnant do you need an appointment with doc or do they set up the appointment with the midwife. OMG I actually can't believe one of us is prego already. Please will you keep me up to date with your progress.xx

Yes of course! I feel like we’ve totally been on this rollercoaster together.

We’ve just been to legoland, and I went on one ride that was a bit, well it made my stomach flip. Obviously had I had any idea I would have sat it out, but I’m a bit worried now.

DH has said ‘don’t be ridiculous!’ but I worry.

DH isn’t at all surprised, he said it’s obvious if you don’t get your period your pregnant and said I was testing to early/obsessed and I should have just relaxed and found out ‘in time’. I said when? When I’m showing??? I’m missing my period then that’s when you test? Xx

Try not to worry about the ride hun, easier said than done am a worrier too. Little bean is very well cushioned in there.
Like we have said men, they are totally different than us in how they think, feel etc about these things.

Caught your little eggy whoopy I know you mentioned you did do it quite abit over what your app called your fertile week. Was it like every other day x

Cd 19 & Cd 24, that’s it!!! I’m totally shocked. I think it must have been the cd24 that we caught it. I did note ewcm on the cd19 but I think I’d have got a positive earlier. Cd24 was 10 days before the pink tinge I had last Thursday evening, which would match with implantation bleeding timing, and would put me at roughly 13dpo /conception. Seems likely on the faint IC result that I’m around that timing.

My DH has always joked he has super sperm, I think maybe he’s right!!! :spermy:
He’s also already decided it’s a girl. Mind you, he said that last time!!

Well to be honest, I’m leaning towards a boy, just because my DS has two step sisters, so it would be nice for him to have a brother, and we have kept everything, so financially much easier too!!
But a girl would also be wonderful, as I don’t have one of my own.
Honestly, we get what we get and I’m fine with a healthy baby.
We didn’t find out last time as I was adamant I didn’t want to, but DH has already suggested we find out this time. Not sure I want to!!

Ohh no you've got yo keep it a suprise. I always said hives you that extra reason to give the final push when your almost out of steam x

I’m so crap at keeping secrets so I don’t want to find out! I just don’t see the need, we’ve got all neutral newborn stuff, and yes, it gives you that extra excitement to push.

Oh god,.... Labour!!! lol

Did you get in touch with your GP or midwifes today. Is it feeling anymore real yet xx

Hi, yes it feels more real today, but a bit surreal as well. Last time I told my best friend right away but I’m going to hold onto our news a bit if I can. I’m totally rubbish at keeping secrets!!
I emailed the GP to find out what I do. They said I don’t need to see the GP, just make an appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks. That seems like a long way off!! I still find it odd I’ll be classed as 5 weeks and one day when I’m only just barely 2 weeks really!!
I must admit I’m soooo tempted to get a digital test. I didn’t last time, and if I do t know I’ll never get the chance. They just look so funky and will tell me how many weeks (as if I don’t know!!) but at £10 for one test it seems such an extravagance. I need to be saving now!!

See how long you'll keep it a secret x

Yeah it will feel like ages away but I bet it will fly by. I used one of those with my DD it comes up after a few flashes like you just always wanted to try it hahaha.

Didn't sleep too well last night my brain was over thinking & everything seems so much worse at night x

I woke at 5, needed a wee and then struggled to get back to sleep, so annoying as DS was still sleeping so was really frustrating.

Started to feel a bit of nausea today. Not sure if it’s actually real morning sickness starting or just me overthinking it. Last time I think it was from week 6 and started to go by week 12/13, but I’ve just read it can be increasingly worse in second/third pregnancies. Eek!!

Is it all the baby stuff on your mind? Have you and DH discussed it any further?

Yeah all baby stuff.

Yeah we kinda talked again but think am annoying him as he's annoying me with not being sure if he wants another.

I just feel really deflated about the whole ttc process. It really took over my thoughts yesterday & just got me down, not good. I feel like kinda giving in on asking him anymore & try come to the realisation I will most probably only ever have my DD.
I don't think I really had morning sickness with DD but then after 12-13 weeks do remember waking up & think Ohh I don't feel too sick. It was then I thought Ohh maybe I did feel sick as I know longer did if that makes sense x

Oh I had it, like bad travel sickness for weeks and weeks, only vomited once though. I hate/have a fear of being sick!

I’m so sorry, I am sending you a big hug. I’m not sure what I’d have done if DH had turned around and said no more, I know I’d have always resented him for it. It’s such a big decision and so upsetting when you can’t agree as there really isn’t any middle ground, you do or you don’t, that’s the only options.

I feel so sad for you. I really am keeping everything crossed that he sees how much this means to you and you can really try to TTC. X

Thanks so much Hun, I know am lucky to even have 1 but it doesn't make it easier xx
Think that's what's killing me there is no middle ground, he also keeps saying there's no rush. I am just going through a bad patch, here's hoping he does change his mind at Xmas. Xx

Here's hoping you don't get too sickly Hun x

I’m off into town in my lunch break today, going to get the stage 2 seven seas multivitamin at boots as they are on 3 for 2. I’ll probably end up getting a digital test too.
I think now the initial ‘finding out’ has passed I don’t feel like I’m so bursting to tell people now. Just sat with my friend who’s about 10 weeks and she hasn’t told work yet but she’s feeling quite unwell with morning sickness and I kind of wanted to say but there were others listening so I didn’t. Xx

Ohh bless that's nice having someone so close in pregnancy. Is she your work colleague or outside of wok friend.
Get a digi test the fun of seeing it, it might be your last time? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->