Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Jam, just keep testing, it’s frustrating not knowing what’s going on but hopefully soon it will start showing a LH surge.

Bumblebee, sounds like a plan, and look how fast the last 5 months have gone since we started this thread!! Shocking how quickly time wizzes past!! Xx

Jam I have a 32 day average cycle length and usually O around cd 19-cd20
Have you had your first period since stopping the pill x

No way was it 5 months ago flipping heck X here's hoping I am pregnant before you give birth lol x

Yes!! I remember uploading my perfect August opk’s!!! Then September was all out and then I got my BFP in October! Crazy.

I really hope so too bumblebee, I want it for you so much! Xx

Hopefully it won't be long once we're back trying. My DD had a really bad dream the other night woke up screaming. Think it was very real for her, now bedtime is a nightmare. She's worried she'll have another bad dream. Up every night at 1.30 for no reason other than habit zzzzzzzz

Hiii. All i have had is a very light 3 days as i was coming off my pill. Literally at the same time. Started on the Friday As i was stopping my pill on the Saturday so I obviously didnt take the Fridays pill. Since that bleed im now CD18 and still negative this morning with the opk. What i have noticed is that when i first started them i used to get two lines. Not dark so definitely not positives but now its just 1 line. The control line?? And thoughts?? Xx

Your cycles may just be regulating still early days. I usually O cd 19-20 but I've never had a positive test so can't back this up it's just a thought I do acordiacc to my apps and over a years worth of tracking periods. You can just keep testing hun. X

Yeah will keep POAS for now ‍ I think i may of O’d but earlier than I thought it would so i think i missed it on the sticks seems though now they are just clear and no line in comparison to last week when there were faint ones. So im either expecting AF or to ovulate tbh my Bbs are still so tender other than that no other symptoms x

Jam, What were your cycles like before the pill?

Bumblebee, I feel your pain with the night waking, it tires you out so much, especially when you’re in the habit of getting a good nights sleep. I’m currently having a bit of pregnancy insomnia, not all the time, but sometimes if I wake in the night (to pee obvs!) then I lay awake for half an hour or more before getting back to sleep. Xx

I don’t remember what they was like beforehand i had been on different forms of contraception for a long time xx

Little update. I started spotting yesterday:/ so maybe this is the start of my first cycle/period since coming off BC x

I think it’s more likely that this now is a really ‘period’. Although frustrating as you want to ovulate, it shows your body is starting to self regulate and get back into its own cycles. You can then start tracking again and hopefully in a couple of weeks you will get a positive opk. I know 2 weeks seems like ages right now, but it will one around soon enough! Xx

This one is definitely a period ](*,) i was spotting for two days and now today its alot heavier so shal I class this as my first day? X

No I think you class you’re first day of spotting but I’m not really sure!!! Up to you, cycles are not an exact science at the best of times so as long as you either always use the first day of spotting or the first day of proper bleeding then you should still see a pattern (hopefully!).
CD’s are more important if you’re guessing peak times though I’d say. If you’re going to be tracking then it’s neither here nor there, as you’ll just wait for that LH surge.
I’m not sure what a midwife would use if you needed to give a date for LMP but 2 days won’t matter. Xx

Yeah i guess so. Wont really make much difference as its only 2 days and ive just had a delivery of online cheapie ovulation kits so will be tracking anyways xx

I always count first day of real bleed as CD1 as spotting for me is usually a tiny bit of brown cm and sometimes happens 1-2 days before AF arrives.
I don't think you've done too bad starting your 1st really AF after contraception at 19days after. Sounds like you may begin regulating quite quickly. Am currently cd4. I was 2 days late longest cycle yet 35 days. Just counting down till may FX I catch that little eggy. I just can't wait to tell my DD she's going to be a sister. I ideall want to be pregnant before shes 5 in July

May isn’t that far away!! It will soon be here.

Jam, bumblebee and I were total POAS addicts a few months back. It’s quite fun and exciting as well as being extremely frustrating and annoying. Xx

Ooo not too far away!

I am looking forward to start actually seeing what us happening with my body ss ive never really looked into it before now. X

Yes, it’s really exciting. I was in the pill for 17 years before I came off to start getting ready to try, I had no idea what my cycles should be like or how my body would react. It’s fair to say for those 9 months until we started TTC I was pretty obsessed with my cycles!! It was also at this time I started buying a few baby bits, to make the wait seem easier!! Just a blanket, bibs, toys etc, nothing expensive. All stuff I could gift out if it had never happened. I hid them from DH, but I loved having a sneaky peak at them every now and again, it cheered me up when I was feeling low. Not everybody likes buying stuff though, some feel it tempts fate etc, but I don’t think that.

17 years. Wow. Thats a long time. And how long did it take you then to get a bfp? Just one cycle?? What pill was you on can i ask? X

I was on ovranette for years then celeste, right at the end it changed to a cheaper brand which the GP assured me was exactly the same as Celeste without the branding. (cheaper for the NHS apparently).
Yes, I fell pregnant first cycle trying while on honeymoon. I’d been off the pill about 9 months at that point, but we’d be using condoms. I’m incredibly lucky that I got pregnant first try both times. I know it doesn’t happen like that for everybody and I don’t take it at all for granted. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->