Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Nope! I’ve not pee’d yet. Pretty disturbed night with DS, so I think I used the loo at about 3am after one of his whimpers. He’s had me up since 5.30, and I can’t really go and test while I’ve got him. I’ve only got one opk strip left, and 5 mid stream ones. Not sure I’ll bother getting more (she says now) as I think it just causes me stress and anxiety. My husband doesn’t like it either, he’s prefer just having regular sex and seeing how we get on. This is the same person who thinks I ‘could already’ be pregnant despite not having had sex since cd8!!! 🙄 he doesn’t agree with the scientific fact that you can only get pregnant for a few days each cycle. As you can probably tell, he’s not my favourite person right now! 😂

To be honest we/I am pretty much the same as your hubby. Timed sex really isn't the same but as it took SO long last time I thought I'd test. Hubby doesn't know Ive been testing 🙈 but 8t never showed a positive any way! So probably serves me right. I've run out now too & don't think I'll buy any more just became obsessed, not good.
It does only take 1 time & ovulation kits can pick up on pregnancy but who knows we cling to anything don't we when we want a little baby. Well I do anywsy :dohh:

It’s so hard not to allow it to consume you. It’s a huge exciting thing to try for a baby. I don’t think men see it in the same way as it’s not their bodies. I mean, I doubt DH has thought that now waiting another month will mean I’ll probably be in the throws of morning sickness all over Christmas for example, where as if I’d got pregnant this month I’d probably just be out if it like last time. I know these are small insignificant things in the big scheme of it but these are the things I think about!!

Same I said to hubby for him it only really affects him when the baby is here for me it affects SO much. Little things like one of my friends has recently invited me to her hen do but it's in Spain I can't really say yes or no as I don't know if/when I may fall pregnant yet she needs to know before mid October. If I say no & then May next year comes around am still not pregnant & gutted am not on my friends hen do. I know we can't plan these things but just goes to show it can kinda put our lives on hold slightly. Which I don't mind but it's just a little frustrating when hubby doesn't want to try as much as I do.Also becomes exhausting when your always the instigator of BD.
So I know exactly what you mean by the little things as really they aren't that little xx

I think I’m still cross we didn’t try last cycle, it would have been perfect if we’d fallen at the end of August, but DH said September, so we had to wait the whole month, and now look at us, still no further forward. I’m really irritated, even though DH couldn’t help being sick for a week. I am just so impatient. I’m excited for you though, you’ve got a decent chance, so you must be considering yourself in the TWW now. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I feel your pain hun & totally understand you. Given we get signs etc of when the time is possible right & it's such a small window it's really frustrating when our other half's don't want to. As it's such a long time till we can try again next cycle. The days feel like forever xx

My hubby hasn't 100% says he's on board for trying for #2 think I/we where really lucky with timing on the 1 time he relaxed & let himself go. Without being to discrptive about out sex life but my hubby has really good self control which is fantastic but also SO annoying. We've been together since we where teenagers & he was alway so worried about me getting pregnant he always pulled out. This went on for years until we tried for our daughter & he kinda got into a habit of not being able to let himself go.
So with regards my ttw am really not hopeful if am honest as we've only done it once. Not sure you can count the time before as he pulled out half way through :spermy: where on their way so not sure how many stayed in��

Wow, I’m impressed, I’d be worried sick every month using that method of contraception!! My DH would happily not have another as this will be number 4 for him, but he knows how important it is to me, we discussed it when we very first got together so I guess he’s kind of got to go along with it!!! 😂

Ohh we've not always used that method I was on the pill but he still wouldn't. Then when I stopped the pill he still found it hard after getting into the habit of not :wacko:

How old is your DS & how long have you & DH been together

DS is 15 months, conceived on honeymoon, DH married 2 years, together 5 years.

Arhhh that's amazing, such a romantic story conceived on holiday :kiss:

Yeah, I was so lucky, first try. Although on honeymoon we obviously had a lot of time for bedroom activities, not sure we’d be able match it on any other month!! 😂

I’m 36 & he’s 35. I think if I was younger I’d maybe wait for DS to be a little older before having another, but instead im thinking I’d like them close and get the exhausting baby bit done. Not sure I’ll have the energy to go back to it again in a couple of years!! 😂

😂😂 Couldn't agree more. I really struggled with the baby stage, think this is why hubby is still reluctant to agree to #2.
Hoping things would be different next time. Massive shock having a baby no matter how wanted they are xx
my DD was a very difficult un-settled baby

My DS was, I think, a fairly trouble free baby, once we outgrew the reflux at about 4 months. He was an ok sleeper (as much as baby’s can be) and no endless hours of crying etc. But it’s still bloody exhausting!!

Just had some very definite EWCM 🤔🤔🤔 easily the most I’ve had this cycle....

The dreaded reflux....

Ohhh have you run out if tests now. I'd give it a go if you can you just never know do you. What CD are you now

CD19 but I’ve had longer cycles in the past, I’d say 27/28/29 day cycles are short for me, but clearly they are currently more usual than the longer cycles I’d expect.
I’ve got 3 mid-stream ones left. I just stood looking at a Clearblue digital one in my lunch break, I was sooooo tempted (£26!!!) but resisted the temptation.

OMG £26 what........

My O day was predict as CD19/20 on my different apps so very very possible hun. Maybe go with the flow later of that's possible without coming obsessed, I know easy said then Don if it doesn't happen x

Yeah, with us not bd’ing I didn’t have to stress about the tww, but maybe I’m in with a chance after all!!! I’m going to have to jump on DH later!! 😂🤣😂

What’s gone on here? It looks very different!! I don’t like change!! Ha ha.
Successful BDing last night, but no idea if I’m fertile or not.
These are the past 3 days

1605C014-8A1D-4093-A7BB-871A22E62746.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back