Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Well it’s a theory indeed, no scientific proof! But it’s fun at the very least to guess. Sperm can live up to 5 days, so I guess it depends how quickly you ovulate after your peak I guess. Really hard to say if you should try to squeeze in another bd or not! Xx

Well it’s a theory indeed, no scientific proof! But it’s fun at the very least to guess. Sperm can live up to 5 days, so I guess it depends how quickly you ovulate after your peak I guess. Really hard to say if you should try to squeeze in another bd or not! Xx

I think I'll test today evening to see if it's still at peak, if not that means I have already ovulated or about to no?? if it's still peaking, then we'll BD tonight ... but I've been having some abdominal pain all day, so I know something's going on down there....

So last night test was back down... so the peak day was definitely CD20 and that means I Ovulated yesterday CD21. So after thinking about it, as much as a healthy baby is the ultimate goal, a girl is what pushed us to try for the 3rd. So I decided to take the chance and not BD last night.... if the sperm can live up to 5 days, then if it's meant to be, it can still happen..... so I am officially in the 2ww period.... 1 DPO today... I plan on testing on the 26th at 10 DPO and period would be due on the 30th.... As for symptoms, still have minor cramping...

on another note, i've been doing laser hair removal treatments and my next session is tomorrow... it's not recommended for pregnant women.... I've done some searches on it... and although it'd be super early and probably won't have any harm, I still decided against it and going to cancel the appointment... the only reason I thought twice is because there's another month of wait time to get another appointment... but all worth it for a baby.....

How's everyone else doing??

Welcome to the TWW then! Let’s hope it goes quickly for you.
Not the best day for me, well I’m on my period (second once since baby born) and my temper is short. Anyway, just wasn’t the best mum I could have been, shouting at DS when he really wasn’t that bad, getting frustrated and stressed with both kids, just feel like I’ve let them down tonight, they deserve better than I was providing. I know they won’t remember but I will! I want to do better. I just feel a bit sad about it now they are both asleep and the calm is restored. Xx

Thanks BB... 2 DPO today... I kinda want the 2 weeks to go by quickly and kinda don't cause if it's a BFN, then I'd be too disappointed... at least this way, i live in hope that it might happen.. .if that makes any sense... :lol:

Also BB, I've had many guilty moments when I snap at the kids and feel so guilty afterwards .... we are all human and having 2 young ones to take care of around the clock is no walk in the park....
Just try to keep DS occupied so you can bond with DD and if you can take atleast 1 hour a day to yourself, that makes a huge difference... weather it's a walk alone or a bath or shopping trip... because when you have that time to yourself, you recharge to be a better parent so consider it also doing it for your kids...
and yes, as you said, they won't remember any of that when they are older and you too will forget... :)

Thanks ladies. Last night was better, but DS hadn't napped and managed to have him bathed and in bed asleep before 7! Happy days. Then I just had DD to feed and settle so the evening was much less stressful. My DH is back now and so hopefully a nice weekend, although DS seems to have a cold but doesn’t seem overly bothered, just a gross snotty nose all the time.

I mentioned about my family member who was trying, bless her, she was a week late so despite the BFN tests was obviously excited at the possibility she was pregnant but she just started her period. I can tell she must be so upset but was very short in her texts. I try so hard to be supportive but sometimes I feel such a fraud as I never experienced what she’s going through.
And finally, having my second period since DD was born and it’s incredibly heavy. I can’t remember what they were like after DS. Did anybody have super heavy periods post-partum? I hope they settle otherwise I think I’m going to have to use maternity pads at night!!!!

Yes consider yourself very lucky for not having to go through the roller coaster ride every month only to be left with massive disappointment and start all over again..
I see some women here that hold on to their barely there indents and so desperate to see the BFP!! It’s not an easy journey... lots of baby dust to your family member and all the others including me whose chasing after that 2nd line...
I have a friend whose been TTC for many years and come to terms with the idea there might not be any kids in her life...
I shouldn’t complain too much as I already have 2 precious kids and feel kinda guilty asking for more...
And on the other hand another friend of mine just had her 4th which was a surprise... so life works in misterious ways to different individuals...

ok enough of that talk, DPO 3 for me today... still feel occasional cramping... and strangely, because I’m still peeing on the ov sticks, the line was strong again yesterday. Not as strong as what I saw for ovulation day, but does that happen?? The line goes up and down during the month?

Yes I believe it can fluctuate but not sure how strong the line should be after ovulation. it might be worth you researching about LH levels after ovulation?

Most sites do say after LH peaks, it goes back down.... but I've been getting random peeks through out the cycle.... HOnestly at this point in the cycle, I am going to stick with what I thought was ovulation and DPO 5 today...

as for symptoms, nothing other than the occasional cramp or a slight pain in the overy area... mostly to the right side....

only time will tell... 5 more days till testing day that's if AF doesn't show up before that....

6 DPO today... no symptoms... execpt slight pain in the abdominal area mostly to the right... I hope it's not a bad thing..... getting nervous now... 8-[

Hi, well I think that period pains and early pregnancy pains are almost completely identical so there really isn’t any way to know. You might get implantation bleeding, I think from about 8 dpo. Almost half way (well, you are today I guess!) I’m sure it’s felt like a very long week. Xx

the cramps have eased a bit and i'm actually 7DPO today... and I didn't get any implantation bleeding with my other 2 pregnancies..

yes, it's been feeling like a long week but I don't have the urge to test for some reason... I don't know if it's because I'm just so worried about the outcome... it's like I'd rather not know if it's not good news... so I know I said I am going to test on Saturday (at 10DPO) but after looking at some bfp images, they seem more obvious at 11 DPO... so to get the guessing game out of the way, I might wait till Sunday to test.... that's ofcourse if AF doesn't show... DH will be away this weekend so it'll be all me... :cool:

How are you doing BB?? Are you on a regular cycle after DD?? Did you say you were done having kids? or would you want more??

Ive had two periods now, just finished the second one a few days ago. Yes I’m done having kids, I’ve been totally blessed with my two babies but no more. Mainly because my DH has two from a previous relationship so he now has 4 kids and he really won’t have anymore!! He’d have been happy to stop after DS I think but he knew when we got together I wanted two at least. My pregnancy with DD I found hard, very sick and uncomfortable. I mean, she was worth every second now it’s over, but not sure I’d want to be pregnant again, and I’m now 37 so although it’s more normal to have kids later I don’t think I’d want to be pregnant at almost 40!! I’m actually happy to be able to get rid of stuff as she grows out if it, not having to save stuff!!

it's funny you say that... because I only wanted 2 kids too... so I thought we were done after the 2nd... and got rid of all the baby stuff, the crib, the toys everything as he was growing out of them... it's not till now 5 years later, I feel differently... i think one of the main reasons for that is that I always thought I'd have a daughter in my life and as much as I wouldn't change anything about having my boys, there's still a part of me that longs for a girl... I think I'll feel it more when the boys are older and leaves home without looking back.. where as in a girl will always keep her family in mind... I don't know, just my theory...
so, I asked myself if I would regret having another baby more than not trying at all.. and the answer was, I would regret not trying for my girl... and if it's a boy, that's totally fine too... just a healthy baby is the main goal... I know there would be a bigger gap between them but I think that just means I can enjoy this time around a lot more because I miss the whole baby experience...

Also, I am 38 now.. which was a concern at first for me, but after consulting the doc and seeing how many women are having healthy babies late 30s even in 40s, we decided to give it a go... but let's see what god has planned.... maybe that's why I am having a hard time conceiving cause of the age...

so DPO 8 today.. and absolutely no symptoms of anything... cramping/pain has stopped, boobs are fine... so I don't know what to take of this... time will tell.....

9 DPO today and I am feeling a little down today cause i feel like AF is on the way... like I keep going to the washroom to see cause i feel like it's arrived... and that's how i usually feel the day before she arrives...

HOnestly I thought I did everything I could this cycle.. from tracking, BDing.. I don't know why it's so hard... ](*,)

well if AF doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I think I will test tomorrow morning... only cause I am going to a Halloween party in the evening and I need to know if I can have a glass of wine or not... if it's a BFN, or AF arrived, I'd be so depressed.. probably will have a couple of drinks...

either way, will keep you posted...

Happy Weekend everyone!

So 10DPO today and after a horrible night of sleep, I took a cheapie test in the morning and it was bfn, and I had caved in and had bought a two pack of frer yesterday and cracked open one of those and got a BFP!!! :bfp:

but I’m so so worried as last time I saw one of those, 2 cycles ago, it ended up being a CP.... pls pray for me ladies that this is a sticky bean... I am too worried to get excited... I’ll use my other FRER on Monday at 13 DPO... to see if line gets darker... does the line look dark enough for 10 DPO??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->