Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Ohhhhhhhh!!! I don’t want to gush too much but I’m so excited for you! It’s faint but I second line is there. You would expect it to be faint so early though. They say the hormone levels double around every 48 hours so if you can hold off until Monday I think you’ll see a much darker line!! When does your DH get home? Will you tell him right away? Guess no wine for you at the Halloween party tomorrow.

Thank you BB!!!! I’m trying not to get excited and just praying the next week goes well...
DH actually came home yesterday and left again this morning... so I told him right away when I found out and warned him not to get excited just yet Cause of what happened last time... if AF stays away and the line gets darker for Monday’s test, I’ll make an appointment to see the doc...

also, I’ll gladly forgo the wine tonight... just have to make sure no one notices...

Last edited:
Hi, couldn't sleep well last night... work up super early and did another test this morning and the line is darker than 10DPO... :happydance:
I am tempted to get excited but realize that I am still not in the clear yet... because I ovulated late, my AF is due on Wednesday....
I want to keep testing but am all out of the FRERs... those things are not cheep here.... I dont' know how some ladies go through 10s of these testing morning and night.... maybe, I'll pick up another 2 pack today so I can test on Wednesday too for some peace of mind...

Here's the pic... what do you think??

12DPO.jpg 12DPO2.jpg

Woop woop!! That’s great progression, I think you’re ok to allow yourself to get excited!
FRER are not cheap here either, I always used internet cheapies for early testing and then FRER if I got any sign of a line.
What is your estimated due date now then?

So, i went out during lunch and got another 2 pack of the FRERs... I realize they are cheaper on amazon but it won't arrive before Wednesday... so decided to just buy it.... So i can keep testing.. I think I am just paranoid after the last Chemical..

I also called and made an appointment with the doc... the first appointment is on Nov 15th... I'd be 7 weeks by then... I was hoping to get one sooner but they don't have any for this week, and next week I am traveling for work... it's a short 1 hour flight and should be ok....

Still can't believe this could actually be true.. feel sooo soo blessed!!! Just praying real hard for it to be a sticky healthy bean!!

How are you doing BB??

oh and forgot to mention, my due date from the Last period is July 2nd... but because I ovulated kinda late, not sure... I guess it'd have to be confirmed in the dating scan....
I remember reading something like you ovulating late for your DD too... how did the due date work out??

I’m struggling to remember now!! I think they originally said the 16th from my LMP date, then at my dating scan pushed it back to the 22nd, and she was 9 days over so same on the 1st July (after a sweep).

Fingers and toes crossed for the little one to hold tight!! Xx

so the testing frenzy continues.... I was soo pleased to see the test line as dark as the control line today... I think it's now safe to say I am Pregnancy!!! :D according to my ovulation date, today would have been the day of my AF.. so I was nervous about today's testing...

Although I should be 5 weeks tomorrow from the Last period date, if I'm calculating from O date, only 4 weeks today.. such a big gap... Feel like I was testing for ever and should be further along... still no symptoms... just felt a little light headed this morning when I got out of bed... it could be my blood pressure... it's usually low...

so BB, in your case, DD decided her own time... neither the period or O date was right lol...
also, thanks to your detailed ovulation tracking which was an inspiration for me which essentially worked!!!

here are the pics of today's test...

DPO14.jpg DPO142.jpg

Ohhhh, look at those beautiful lines!! So pleased for you. Congratulations. Will you find out what gender the baby is at your scan? I know that’s a few months away yet. Xxxx

Thank you ladies!!! I am just looking forward to my first scan to see the little heart beat so I can be a little relieved.... but my first appointment isn't till another 2 weeks.. I just want these 2 weeks to go by quickly... i am only 4 +2 weeks.. still super early.. just praying everyday that all goes well with the baby....
I have a work trip next week, so hopefully that'll make the time go by a little faster....

As for the gender, a part of me wants to not find out till the birth, just for a different experience cause I found out earlier for the first 2... but I am such a planner and don't think I can handle buying everything neutral...

BB, I know you didn't find out for your DD, did you find out for your DS??? how did the shopping work out?? did you just buy everything yellow and green??

I know I have a long way to decide....

No I didn’t find out either time, I loved the surprise at the end. I honestly think my shopping would of been out of control if I’d known each time!! I got given so much after the births I could of probably got away with hardly buying anything!! To be honest, vests and basic bits always look nicer in white in my opinion, and I got a few sleepsuits etc in white, with things like ducks or elephants on them. With DD I was ordering stuff online from my hospital bed at about 5am as I couldn’t sleep as I was in that post labour ‘buzzing’ stage where I couldn’t stop looking at her. I personally don’t think you need to get much anyway for a newborn, a few sleepsuits, vests, a nice blanket etc. All the rest can be ordered after the birth. But I also understand people wanting to be organised. I also always planned to have two babies so it made sense to buy neutral so it would do both no matter what gender, but if this is your last baby then you won’t have that as a concern. With DD I honestly only brought her 2 or 3 new sleepsuits and everything else was old stuff from DS! Xx

yeah you need a lot of self control for that.. maybe I will try to wait.. i don't know... Actually, I didn't keep any of the boys stuff because we thought we were done after 2... so I'd have to buy everything new again... which I am ok with cause we used all the DS1 stuff for DS2.... so I am looking forward to the new shopping.... I am a shopaholic.... and my thinking is, if I knew the gender, I could buy even older clothes before the baby is even born...

also, I don't know if you remember me talking about the Shettle's theory.... and I thought I was swaying for a girl but time will tell.....
because this is definitely our last baby, I think I would be so disappointed if I don't get a daughter... so maybe if it's not a girl, it's better to find out earlier so I have enough time to accept it...

I hope I am not sounding so bratty.... I am truly happy to have another baby, it's just that I've always wanted a girl!!!!!

There is no right or wrong, if you want to find out, go for it! And no I don’t think you sound bratty, I know you’ll be thrilled if it’s a healthy baby boy, but a girl would be the icing on your perfect family cake.
If I’m honest I desperately wanted a boy with DS, as my DH had two girls and I wanted to have a first with him, something different and special, and I was soooo happy to have my boy. If it had been a girl and we’d found out at the 20wk scan I think it would have made me not enjoy my pregnancy as much. With DD I think again I was leaning towards a boy. My DS has two (Half) sisters and I think I wanted a brother for him. Now I’ve got my DD I’m so happy, I guess I didn’t consider things like being mother of the bride, or being a maternal grandmother one day. So I do understand, you're not being bratty at all, just honest! Xx

Awww thanks for the understanding msg BB... I love the statement “icing on top of my perfect family”! I really hope you are right. that’s exactly it, having boys is great but I was thinking about being the mother of the bride and maternal grandmother....I also think that as boys get older, they detach from the parents more than girls...

Also, you are so sweet for thinking of your DH about wanting boys.... but it’s great that it’s worked out you got one of each....

I’m still waiting for some symptoms to kick in... still got no symptoms other than some back pain it’s probably because I’ve been doing a lot around the house without any rest and the occasional tingling in the boobs.... I was so worried I even took another test yesterday at 17DPO and the test line was the same as it was at 14 DPO but the control line is lighter.... not sure what that means but I’m all out of tests now and I’m not buying anymore... just going to wait till my appointment in Nov 15th

5CFC775E-CF7E-4750-9736-CBAA92D19323.jpeg

Last edited:
Those lines are still looking good. Having to wait is hard, time seems to drag so slowly at this early stage. You’re desperate to ‘feel’ pregnant! I had awful morning sickness with DD though so I was soon regretting wishing those symptom free days away! God, that period was hellish and felt like it was never going to end, but I got through it!! I hope you don’t get bad MS, how were you with your DS’s?
I wish time would go that slowly for me right now, they weeks are just flashing past, my DD is now 4 months!!?!?? How? At Christmas I’ll be half way through my maternity leave, I’m already dreading having to return to work!!

Oh wow, your DD is already 4 months?? I still remember reading about your early pregnancy days on this thread... time sure flies by when you don’t want it to.... hope you are enjoying every min of these precious days....
So who looks after the kids when you go back to work?? Will they be at say care?? That’s another tough one to get used to, leaving the 1 yr old to go to work....
I didn’t have any MS with my DSs too.... I’m just going to assume baby is good and everything is ok... I mean I don’t have any reasons to think otherwise....
I miss my boys... I am away for work nd won’t get home till Thursday ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->