Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Yes they’ll both be in nursery, so that’s going to cost a fortune but at 3 my DS will get some free childcare from the government which will help a lot. My mum might be able to help out with DD too as she did when DS was little. Xx

Oh wow have so much to catch up on!!

Wanna baby!!! OMG!!!! Congratulations! Im so happy for you!!! I literally nearly cried seeing those pictures! Great great lines! Has is sunk in yet? Not long till your form appointment.

BB. How are you half way through already! Thats seems crazy. But then i think im half way through now too!!

Little catch up on me. 20+2 today. Still getting the odd morning of sickness. Started getting migrains too!! We found out the gender on sunday. We had all our family and friends around us and we had confetti cannons to find out. My mom was the only person that knew Friday to the sunday. So we are having a little BOY!! Im so so so happy. I had convinced myself that it was a girl. But ive always wanted a boy for along as i can remember. I had gotten to the point in pregnancy where i really didnt mind and would be happy with either but finding out its a boy it just seems so surreal! Like how did i get that lucky! Hasn’t sunk in fully yet for me lol.

Hope everyone is okay. Xxxxx

Oh wow!! Massive congratulations, little boys are awesome!!!! Half way, it feels like it’s gone very quickly but not sure it will have for you. Hoping the MS goes away soon. Sounds like a lovely family moment celebrating the announcement. How is your bump coming on? Have you felt any movement yet? Xx

THank you Jam! NO it still hasn't sunk in yet... maybe I still don't "feel" Pregnant.... got my everything crossed that this is real and sticky bean...

and Congrats to you on making it to half way and getting the gender you desired!!! Little boys are awesome!!! are you feeling the baby move yet???

it's not long now.. before you know it, you'll be holding your little man in your arms... when is your due date???

I know I can’t believe im nearly 21 weeks!

Im feeling some sort of movement. At the moment its like a weird pressure. Not kicks just yet but definitely feeling it more and more so wont be long im guessing until my OH will be able to start feeling. Ill upload a couple of bump picks for you to see. Xxx

BB8158DF-8EA5-4368-B0E4-11F3BF1C55B4.jpeg 9F1EE887-0765-47B2-8971-B7DFF9CF216B.png

Awww such beautiful bump!!!! It truly is a magical time of a woman’s life... and enjoy this time as later on it becomes uncomfortable....

yes, not long now until you can obviously feel the baby....

have you started buying boys stuff yet???

I am looking forward to getting bigger especially cause this is the last ...

But it feels like I’ve been 5 weeks pregnant for ever!!!!! :blush:

Jam, your bump is lovely, there’s a little baby in there!!!! So beautiful. I hope you are enjoying seeing it grow and yes baby will get stronger by the week, and pretty soon you’ll be going ‘ouch’!! Are you planning on breast feeding? (No judgement here either way!) just it’s worth thinking ahead now and maybe reading up on it and starting to prepare. It didn’t work out for me but I’m so glad I tried. Some women take to it like ducks to water (or at least it seems so!) but I think everybody finds it hard or surprising how much a newborn feeds!!

I still can’t believe it to be honest. I was thinking this morning about it all and it just seems so surreal. Like ive got 19 weeks till did date (24th March) and if seems forever away. Which im sure it will fly by!

Yeah i want to give it ago but im not going to stress myself out if it don’t work (you helped me there BB.) I think reading about the tough time you had it changed my mentality to just take it as it comes. I ideally would like to do both as ive always seen feeding time as time for the dad to bond (no one in my family breast fed) ao thats what i am used to if that makes sense.

Any hints or tips to get me started now would be great. I never thought i would have to start preparing now? Xxxx

you are over the half way mark Jam... and till will fly from here...

as for Breast feeding, honestly I think some people shame women who doesn't or cant, but every woman's body is different and I have to say it's not easy especially at first... you are already dealing with post partum and your body is in such pain, and breast feeding adds more pressure. If you truly want to give it a go, then don't give up in the first couple of weeks, because the beginning is the toughest and then things get a lot easier.... but if for what ever reason you can't, then don't beat yourself up for it... I would also recommend getting a good pump so you can give the feeding duty to the dad once in a while so you can get some zzz.... but other than that, not much to prep for..... it's really hard to say how your baby would take to the breast too... some babies are born pros... and some not... so go with the flow....

I read a few books, but I agree nothing prepares you as everybody’s journey is different. It didn’t work out for me but I’d always encourage people to try, but then not to worry if it doesn’t work out, that’s fine. It’s easy to say that now but I still struggled each time ‘failing’ my babies. That’s how it felt try o at the time. All the hormones just make it seem so much harder to deal with.
I think you’ll find the next two months go fast as it’s running up to Christmas etc And then once your the other side of Christmas you’ll be in the final trimester and it will all start feeling very real!!!!

A few people have mentioned that you need to get past the first part as thats the hardest part. I just don’t know if i will. Im good with pain but if its making me miserable I don’t know if i would have the will the carry on. But i guess we will see. Have you ever seen or heard about combination feeding stories? I like the idea of doing both as i said before so my OH can get involved too xxx

oh yes, I know lots of people that do both... they don't often get enough breast milk so they top it off with formula... I actually used to do it too... only for convenience so that the baby is not fully dependent on me for food.... and going out is easier so you don't have to look for proper place to breast feed....

I find we can plan all we want but at the end, what's suitable for you at that condition and your baby will end up happening and that's perfectly ok...

how are you feeling otherwise??

BB, how are you with the kiddos??

AFM, my 1st appointment is on Friday... getting anxious.... just want to have the first scan hopefully soon after Friday and want to see a heart beat so I can relax a bit... it already feels like I've been pregnant for ever though.... I guess 1st trimester is always a drag....

Last edited:
Yes those first weeks go so slowly!! I’m ok, both kids have mild colds/coughs which seems to be the case for all kids this time of year. cuddles and calpol all round!
DD is now lifting her bum totally off the floor when she’s on her tummy and bringing her legs up to crawl, she’s only 4 months!!! I honestly cannot believe how strong she is!!

wow, that's one strong baby!!! 4 months and she's in a rush to get moving... you know, you'll be busier once she starts being mobile... so enjoy the staying still time....

I know!! I’m enjoying our mummy daughter days while DS is at nursery, she seems so easy to look after it’s like I get a day off!!!! Toddlers are hard work, much much harder than a baby!! So I don’t want her getting to move around yet as I enjoy being able to run for a wee or grab a drink knowing she’ll still be on her playmat when I return. Once she’s moving it’s no rest for me.

wanna, how did you get on today? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->