Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

yes, first few months especially with your first baby is the best.... all you do is rest as the baby eats and sleeps all day... then you add more babies to the mix and it becomes so difficult to run after one while taking care of the baby.... I am looking forward to this one with a big gap from the boys... as the boys are in school, i still get my time with the baby... except the first 2 months will be tough as they boys will be on the summer break...

as for the doc's appointment today, it went well.. just gave a pee sample and a requisition for a scan and the blood work for which I made the appointment for tomorrow... scan's at 1pm... really hoping to see the baby and heart beat....

also asked the doc about the travel plans we had to go to the Caribbean.... I totally forgot about the Zika virus warning there.... and she said it's best to be cautious and she wouldn't recommend it... So we'll have to look for other places without any Zika warning...

So I had the scan today and was so upset after it... the sonographer seems like she didn’t even know what she was doing.... after making me pee out some urine 2 times because my bladder was too full, she was trying to get me to do a vaginal scan even before giving the external one a go.... after I insisted that she tries to see what’s going on from a normal scan, she Unsurely said the baby measures 6 w 3 days which is right on from my ovulation date and after I asked if she see a heartbeat, she said yes.... I felt terrible after the scan... I even got her name because I think I’ll do a complain on her...
for now, I’m going to take that as a positive that the baby is measuring on track and there is a heart beat and ask the doc for another scan in a couple of weeks to be sure of things....
I even went to this place which is a little further from my home cause I read some bad reviews about the place near my house.... I guess it depends on the person... wish they would think about how important this is for the parents and that I’ve been waiting for this scan for ever .... I don’t know how these people sleep at night doing a poor job that effects other people’s lives....

Oh what a shame, I’m sorry you had that horrid experience. Make sure you do complain. I know it was all ok for you but can you imagine if she is that unprofessional and then had to give bad news to a patient? Horrific.

Oh thats such a shame about your sonogram! She sounds horrid! Atleast you know that baby is there and there is a heartbeat i guess thats the most important thing. But definitely complain!

As for me im feeling totally overwhelmed at the moment. I found out that 2 out of 3 of my best friends are now pregnant which is absolutely amazing and im so happy! Its just very emotional but in a good way. I feel like im gaining too much weight and thats making me feel flumpy and ugly. Im not bothered about the size of my bump but its my arms and face! I have such round face anyways with big chubby cheeks i just feel they are getting bigger! I think im going to start swimming a couple of times a week next week with my 1 friend that’s pregnant too as she lives right by me so we can go together. There 15 weeks between us. Xxx

That's great news you've got friends who are pregnant too :)

I'm sorry you're feeling like that about yourself :hugs:

Happy 22 weeks :)

Jam, I gained 3 stone with DS, after a few months I realised the weight wasn’t ‘dropping off’ and actually I was gaining more (those early days are exhausting and chocolate and biscuits were my friend!). After 8 months I joined weight watchers and by the time I returned to work 4 months later I was only 7lbs off my pre-pregnancy weight. I could just about get into my work trousers but decided to get some a size up as I was hoping to get pregnant quickly again.
With DD I was running around after DS and also lost weight in 1st tri as I was always vomiting. I felt I was doing better and not gaining so much. I rejoined weight watchers 5 weeks ago and was only 1.5 lbs lighter than when I joined 2 years ago, so again I’d gained 3 stone. Pretty much going from a 10/12 to a 16. I’m now down to a 14 as I’ve lost over half a stone so far.
I too have a round face, and I feel miserable being bigger. But I appreciate my body has done something amazing and seriously anybody who judges me can do one! I’ll lose the weight again, but your body does change and is never the same. But the love you feel makes it worth it all. It’s hard not to get upset when it feels a bit out of control and the pregnancy hunger is intense! Just try to enjoy growing your baby, the rest can wait. Xx

Jam, that's so amazing that your friends are pregnant at the same too.. and live near by... you'll really appreciate sharing all the pregnancy stories and knowing you are not alone with a newborn too... even for the kids to grow up together, have play dates, that's very nice...

As for the weight, exactly what BB said, your body is growing a human right now. Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy the process of growing your baby and deal with the weight after baby is born... ONe good thing about breastfeed though, that's like a natural weight loss diet. you an feel your body contracting as you breastfeed....

AFM, I had made a complain about the sonographer and the supervisor called me right away... she had apologized on her behalf and said she's surprised about this as she's one of her experienced staff... and so on....

NOw, I am contemplating weather to go with a midwife or the OB. I am not sure how it works where you guys are, but here, the GP will see you at first and in your 2nd trimester, she'll pass you on to the OB or midwife.... I've dealt with the OB for both my boys and am thinking of going with the midwife this time around.... still have to do a little more research as to the pros and cons... but I am thinking the midwife might give a little more personal care... how does it work for you guys??

Thank you Bevzii!! IT's so nice to see the weeks growing...

My doc's office just called me and said that they couldn't figure out the heartbeat at the first time around... Of course cause that lady was horrible... and they wanted me to do the blood work again to see the growing hormones level and another scan....

I'm doing more research on a proper scan place this time around...

Here in the UK (I’m guessing you’re US maybe Wanna?) you get dealt with pretty much entirely by midwives. If you make a GP appt they’ll just refer you to the midwife at around 8 weeks. The GP doesn’t have much input unless there is a medical reason or other risk issue. If you are a low risk ‘normal’ pregnancy you just see the midwife the whole time. My DS was delivered by a doctor as it was a bit of a panic before I got him out, but DD was a water birth and entirely managed by midwives.

I am in Canada BB. Here, the GP refers you to the OB or Midwife which ever we choose. So far, I am reading for non high risk pregnancies, midwives offer more personalized service. So I am leaning toward a midwife at this point.

oh that's so nice you had a water birth. Was it at a hospital? or home? how was the experience for you?? does that mean, you didn't take any drugs during labor?? I'm also thinking about a water birth as this is my last and I don't want to miss out on that experience...

I loved it. With my DS they wanted to monitor the heart rate as I had reduced movement so they strapped me up and I had to stay on the bed. I only had gas and air with both labours. Both were in hospital but DD was in a ‘birthing centre’ which is for low risk labours were no intervention is needed. If I’d have had complications they’ve have wheeled me across the hall to the labour ward. I’d really recommend a water birth, I loved my whole labour experience with DD. I mean, it still really hurt but I felt in control and trusted my body which were both lacking during my DS’s birth. Xx

that's nice to hear you had a great experience with the water birth. I'm doing my research on which midwife to go with.. there's always some bad reviews about all of them... maybe I shouldn't just go with reviews as only those with bad experiences tend to write reviews...

So if your midwife is monitoring the birth, what happens if you tear? are the midwives able to stitch you up? or do they need a doc to do that??

Midwives can stitch up ‘normal’ tears. I think if it was a very serious one it might require a doctor, I’m not sure. The midwife stitched me after DS and I didn’t need any with DD.
Yes maybe people who had normal or good birthing experiences just get on with enjoying their babies and not bother doing a review! We just get who we get here, you don’t get to chose. All mine have been fine from memory.

So I had my 2nd scan yesterday.. and this sonographer was much nicer... saw the bubba and she even let me hear the heartbeat which was 156... the only thing is she said baby is measuring 7weeks when I should have been 7+3 weeks yesterday.. so that was 3 days behind... I was a bit concerned... I was doing some reading and a lot of people said that in the early stages it’s normal to be off and the baby catches up later... I’m really hoping that’s the case... but I have to say I am a relieved after the scan yesterday...
The sickness really kicked in... feeling nauseous all day even vomited for the 1st time today... not a good feeling... I didn’t have any sickness with both DS....

I'm glad this sonographer was much nicer. Yay for getting to hear the baby's heartbeat <3
Yes that's totally normal in the early days to be out a bit, I was too with my second.

Oh, I remember the sickness. I won’t lie, it was a living hell there for about 6/8 weeks. DD is soooo worth it but my god it nearly broke me. I remember braking down crying to manager at about 7 weeks as I just felt so awful. It does pass though, but when it’s bad it’s hard! Hoping you don’t get it much, and that it passes quickly. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->