New - BFP after IVF

Happy 12 weeks noasaint. Yes, was a long stretch from 12 to 20 and by the time my 20 week scan came I was convinced that the baby would have disapeared. However, on a good note you do start getting a bump about 16-17 weeks and that is reassuring and exciting and you usualy get a midwife appointment (in the Uk at least) when you get to the heartbeat so you get some good stuff to keep you going.

Thank you ladies!!!!! And Happy labor day everyone!!!

We told our parents last night, well actually showed them. Thought I'd share the pic we gave them in a frame that said "grandchildren are the best." MIL was completely shocked and barely had words. My mom was quiet. FIL was drunk (typical) so he wasn't much involved. MIL was sure to tell me we HAVE to pick a name with at an initial of a deceased family member to follow Jewish tradition. I was quick to tell her it won't be happening. LOL. They all want to know the gender the second we find out. But overall they are happy and excited and it went MUCH better than I had imagined. We announced on FB this morning. Lots of people very shocked.

Many, many thanks to board member sarahincanada for helping us with this pic.

https://imageserve.babycenter.com/17/000/133/PZ8YfWcxnYBZZblvwRlcIX59isHv2E0e_lg.jpg

loving the picture noasaint - what a cute way of telling them :)

What a cute picture noasaint. I'm glad everything went well and happy 12 weeks.

LOVE the photo!!! That is so cute - I wish we could have done something cool like that. I love it!!

Ladies, how are you all doing? Anyone close to their due date yet? It seems sooooo far off for me!!! Although I keep counting down saying " Just five and a half more months till I can leave more horrible job!"

Question. I've already called the dr office but no one has called me back which is starting to become habit with them and it's irritating me. Anyway, I digress.....................Sat night all throughout the night I had cramps in waves. They felt like AF cramps but were not in my lower pelvic area, they were higher up more like waist line. My tummy gurgled a few times too and I wasn't hungry since I had eaten a good dinner. They cramps kept me up literally all night. The next day I could feel that I had had cramps but they weren't coming anymore. No spotting, no nothing. Monday I got about 6 or 7 slightly sharp shooting pains on my left side, ovary area. No spotting, no nothing. Today I have no pain, no cramps, no spotting or anything.

Not sure why I didn't freak out about this, i guess I'm trying not to be a hypochondriac nuisance to everyone. But now I'm getting paranoid. A couple of my pregnancy symptoms have eased up the last 2 days, I'm not sneezing much nor peeing as much as usual. From reading a book and a little online it seems maybe my uterus was stretching. Does this sound familiar to anyone at all???? I'm a little over 13 weeks.

You are probably right it's just your uterus expanding and making room for baby. We get so many aches and pains during pregnancy we just don't get a break.

Noasaint - I haven't really had bad cramps with this pregnancy, but I know some women get them all the way through ... have a chat with your midwife, I'm sure she will be able to give you some reassurance :thumbup:

and in answer to your question - ME!
I'm 20 days from my c-section date now, and it's feeling very close indeed ... can't wait to meet wee Eenie :cloud9:

NoaSaint - I have had so many aches and pains this pregnancy and some really weird stuff like an aching bellybutton! I think it is normal BUT I would def want to get checked out if I had constant cramps - all the books suggest nothing to worry about but best to check. Let us know how you go. xx

Urchin - wow!!! 20 days - that is amazing!!! Are you excited/scared etc.?

I had my meeting with HR yesterday about maternity leave - last day in th office 7th Dec a month before mini-max is due. I wanted to go a bit earlier but my stingy work dont give us back our bank holidays and there are 4 around Christmas so have to hang on a bit longer so I dont lose them!! I have annual leave from 7th Dec to 28th Dec. People in the Uk - what do your work do about bank holidays - is mine just really mean?

I'm all of those things MrsM!
Me and Mr Urch keep looking at each other and mouthing OMG!

As to bank hols - my work adds them onto our A/L allowance ... so I get them all if I book them, or can have them at other times instead - and I accrue them even if I am off work :thumbup:

Nosaint I have had random cramping off and on - some dull and some sharp and in all sorts of different places in my abdomen. I'm not stressing about it as there is so much stuff "moving" around down there!!!

Urchin that is SO close!!!! I can't wait :)

Nosaint you're right around me and it does feel like it will take forever to get there ....

I had really bad cramping for a few hours when I was just over 12 weeks. I couldn't stand or walk, had to lie on the bed and then they went away. I rang the midwife and they said it was the start of my ligaments stretching although I didnt have any of that with my first. Then at 16 weeks I had it again very painful had to breath through it and lie down for a few hours but again went away and I had it at 20 weeks too. Looks like it is just going to happen regularly. It scary and painful but completely normal so try not to worry but get it checked out just to be sure.

I get my Annual Leave added to my holidays too. I finish work in 3 weeks, have a weeks holiday and then maternity leave. Cant wait to relax and get the house sorted. xxx

Hi wishing - good to hear from you. I cant believe you start mat leave in 3 weeks!!!! That seems quite early - but dont blame you if you can afford it! I get my annual leave added on (by law they have to) I just dont get bank holidays added on :(

How have you been though - you ok? The ligament pains sound scary!!!

Hi Mrs Max, how you doing. I cant wait to start maternity leave. I keep feeling guilty because I will only be 28 weeks but I get 19 weeks full pay before it goes onto statutory maternity pay and I am actually going to be starting a new job in the new year. My mum and step dad are buying a care home and I will be the manager. The way it has worked out though they will be taking over probably on the 1st January and I will have probably just had baba but I will get a few weeks break and will then have to start going in or doing some work from home even if its just a couple of half days a week so I might as well go on maternity leave from work as soon as possible and rest because Im not going to be getting much of it once baba is here. I am quite worried about it, and its not the best of timing to be taking over this business and me starting a completely new job but in the long run it will be much better for the family and far more flexible being my own boss so It will be worth it, but going to be extremely hard.

When do you plan on going on maternity leave. I went up to 37 weeks with my DS but I was pretty tired by then and big and uncomfortable, dont quite know how I managed it looking back. xxxx

Are you feeling lots of movement now. x

Hi Ladies,
I need to get a pregnancy pillow to sleep and I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies had any suggestions on brands. Everyone tells me that the pregnancy pillows are great but there are so many out there and they are not cheap I was hoping to get some input from people who were already using them before I went out to make the purchase. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Hi Buster, my going to bed routine is so funny, I have 5 pillows to get into place before I can sleep. LOL.

In the end after trying a couple of things I use a pillow imbetween my legs, a thin one under bump and then a pillow and a v shaped pillow at the head which I cuddle. I am so used to sleeping on my tummy it has been a hard transition to sleep on my side. I sometimes wish I had one of the fancy body pillows but like you I cant make up my mind and havent bought one yet as they are quite expensive. Let us know what you decide. xx

Wishing- that all makes complete sense - enjoy the rest while you can!! Bieng your own boss will be great with a little family - although possibly a bit stressful! Have you checked that you dont have to pay your employer back your maternity pay if you dont return to work with them - most companies insist on it so worth checking.

I have a mothercare pillow - just a big long one - it is good but I'm sure a few regular pillows would do the trick too. I get a stiff back every morning - I just dont like lying on my side all night whatever I do with the pillows!

I am getting quite a few movements now - although I am only just beginning to believe what I feel is kicking - it is more like big bubbles popping near the surface of my belly! DH felt them for the first tiem yesterday morning whcih was great as I was starting to think I was imagining them!! How about you?

I am planning on working until 7th Dec (baby due 7th Jan) - I think I will be nearly 36 weeks by my last day in the office, but if I finish earlier I lose those 4 days bank holiday. I am trying to save my last 2.5 days anual leave so I can have a week of half days in the first week of Decmeber, which will mean finishing full time in my 34 week which would be a lot nicer!

Thanks for the heads up Mrs Max, I didn't realise that, will check just now I think. I hope it says in there maternity policy because its going to be tricky finding a way to ask them without saying that I'm thinking of leaving.

I think I may be bored out of my brains doing nothing for 12 weeks but working full time is tiring and If I go down to part time them my maternity pay is affected, although I could use holidays but I know I will need to pay them back if I take too many before I leave.xx

Love feeling her move, and I have just booked a 28week 3d scan so 3 weeks tomorrow till I see her again. Wanting confirmation that it is a girl as she was being ackward at the 20 week scan even thought the sonographer said she was pretty sure it was a girl she did have her legs shut the whole scan so I just want to be doubly sure. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->