New - BFP after IVF

Thanks for the info ladies. I've been using a pillow between my legs and a wedge for my belly that I got from babies r us. The wedge is ok but sometimes I think it's a little to hard on my belly as when I'm lying on it the boys start to kick me. LOL I think I'm going to continue to do some research before I take the plunge and buy the pillow.

wishing - you could always say you have a friend whose baby was born with disabilities, who is coming to the end of mat leave but can't see herself being able to go back to work for a long long time ... and her company have insisted that she pays back all of her maternity pay... and you were wondering where you would stand if you found that you couldn't go back to work.

That way you can talk about it, without sounding like it's your intention iykwim :thumbup:

Thanks Urchin, thats a good idea, I might just do that. I read the maternity policy and the main guidelines which details sick leave, notice and lots of other things and it says you would have to pay back any holidays taken over the entitlement for that year but it didnt say anything about paying back maternity pay. I will need to ask them. Was supposed to have my meeting with HR on friday but my grandad died and I didnt feel like going to work. Not looking forward to the funeral, Im an emotional wreck at the moment as it is. xx

so sorry to hear about your grandad hon - this must be a time of crazy mixed emotions for you ... on the one hand you have the joy of a new life on the way, but the utter misery of having lost a very special person :hugs:
Sending you a big dose of strength to help you through it xxx

So sorry for your loss wishing.

Ladies, check for maternity consignment in your area. I found two places and omg, the clothes are cute and in good condition and half off retail. I was dreading spending hundreds on clothes for work but this is making is so much cheaper now. They have baby consignment in the same store too which is nice.

Sorry for your loss Wishing. Hope you are ok.

Wishing - so sorry hon. You must be an emotional wreck right now. as they others have said - sending you lots of strength :hug:

Wishing I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I am thinking of you and your family :hugs:

Hi everyone
Can I join u here? I've finally gotten the courage to venture into the pregnancy forums but most seem to be full of women that got pregnant really easily. I'm glad for them, but feel like I need a group that understands the long process of assisted conception.

course you can smurfing - welcome to the club! :hugs:

Congratulations Smurfing and welcome to the group!!!

Welcome smurfing! Congratulations :) There is also a group of us in the pregnancy forum who all had IUI / IVF and are due in March / April 2013 which you're welcome to join!

Congrats smurfing!! Amazing on the first try huh? So you are due in April?

Welcome Smurfing :wave: It does feel different doesnt it - knowing it was a struggle to get here. What is your story hon?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. My story...
Well we had been TTC naturally for almost 2 years and I'd been getting severe endo symptoms but my doctor kept brushing it off, telling me that period pain just gets worse with age:saywhat:
I finally convinced him to refer me to a gyno who found severe endo almost immediately. I had surgery soon after (privately, which was expensive) and thought that would 'fix' things. Then we had a miscarriage a few months later very early on and after tests found out that my AMH levels were .26. I was devastated. On top of everything, I had the pressure of the endo coming back after surgery so we went straight into IVF.
My IVF doc was amazing here and though I wasn't very optimistic I had 6 eggs and they all fertilized. I had a 5DT and viola! Pregnant first round. I figure after all the other drama I needed at least one portion to be easy. So now I'm praying for the most boring, normal pregnancy EVER. LOL

Welcome smurfing! Congratulations :) There is also a group of us in the pregnancy forum who all had IUI / IVF and are due in March / April 2013 which you're welcome to join!

Thanks Springy- can you send the link by any chance?

Smurfing - we have similar stories apart from the endo. We TTC for nearly 2 years, told unexplained and cause I was 34/35 to move to IVF asap. Had to do it provately - exepnsive! Then told I had low AMH. Only got 6 eggs, 4 fertilized and only one was any good. Had a 2 DT and voila! Preggo first try!! However, pregnancy not boring (fibroids, a SCH, and severe m/s) so hope yours is smoother - but now at nearly 25 weeks soooo worth it!!! :happydance:

Have you had any symptoms yet?

Does anyone keep having really vivid dreams? I have the obligatory sexy ones, but all the others are bad dreams, not usually about the baby but just bad. I have had them constantly for months and would really like some nicer dreams please!! I do have one reocccuring baby one though which is where I wake up (in my dream) and realise I got really drunk and forgoet I was having a baby or the latest variaton where someone is trying to force me to take drugs and I keep saying no I am having a baby! Anyone else?

I did have a spate of really rude ones, but recently they are just odd.
The last one I remember I was swimming in the sea and kept taking bites out of fishes as they swam by: sometimes a fin, or a tail, or their gills - but never a whole fish, and I felt sorry for them as they swam away with bits missing :shrug:

Yeah, vivid dreams here too. Most are just odd with the occassional sex one or scary one. Last night I dreamed I was on Design Star but had no talent so I was standing there doing nothing. No baby dreams yet although I wish those would show up.

Smurfing, a nice boring pregnancy sounds wonderful! I do hope that's what you get. We only got 2 eggs, both fertilized and transferred, one took. Crazy how things end up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->