New - BFP after IVF

Yep vivid dreams here too!!! That and now indigestion .... other than that still pretty symptom free and enduring a really boring pregnancy. Guess that's my gift for close to 3+ years of TTC with a failed IVF and 4 failed IUIs :)

Smurfing here is the link :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1102485-ivf-iui-march-april-baby-madness.html

I'm having weird dreams too. Every night and everytime I take a nap. Nothing scary just weird. Ahh the joys of pregnancy.

Sometimes mine are very sexual and sometimes mine are just weird & scary! Last nights was a nightmare whereas last week they were sexual in nature ....

Springy you naughty girl. LOL I've had a few of those dreams myself.

:wave: Hi ladies. Glad it is not just me with the strange dreams. have found taking a relaxing bath helps stem them a bit.

Had appointment with consultant about my fibroids yesterday - somewhat reasuring although they did say they is a chance of having to have a c-section if the fibroids get in the way of baby coming - but unlikley as the fibroids are quite high up - and there is a chance of excess bleeding after birth! Yikes - they sid all that means really is I cant have ahome birth - but was dead set on hospital birth anyway. All in all, not too bad.

How is everyone else? Hvent heard from Ratma for a while - you still checking in?

Hi - where is everyone? Hope you are all well. Urchin - you had baba yet? You must be getting close now!

I cant believe I enter the third tri next week :happydance: It is also my bday tomorrow and I when anyone asks what I wanted I am honestly like - nothing, I am 6 months preggo which was beyond my dreams last year :kiss:

Happy birthday mrsmax!!! and congrats on 3rd trimester. What an awesome gift you've got cooking :)

Passed my early glucose test and all genetic testing came back normal thankfully. I've put on 2.5 pounds so not bad. Me and DH are going away for the next 4 days so hopefully little bean lets me enjoy it. Last trip I had some bad ms. Monday we get a fetal echocardiogram and hopefully that goes well. Not sure if I will find out the gender or not as DH can't be at the appnt.

Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy 9 months! Can't wait to see a few babies in Halloween costumes in a few weeks, soooooo cute!

Hi mrs max, I know cant believe im in third tri. My last day at work on friday cant wait, and going for a 3d scan on saturday, cant wait to see her. Your the same as me when my mum and dh ask what I want for xmas I say a baby will be just fine. Xx

How are you feeling now. Myback is starting to hurt and the constant craving for chocolate and cake isnt helping but hoping to not exceed the 2 stone weight gain which is pretty average... im constantly hungry too. Xx

Hi Everyone!!

Happy Birthday MrsMax. Noasaint enjoy your time away with dh, I hope the ms stays away.

I hope everyone else is doing well. The twins are doing great, as for me not so much. My pelvic pain has gotten so much worse walking around is not easy. And I'm only 26 weeks. I don't know how I'm going to make it to 38 weeks. But as longs as my boys are ok that is all that matters. Hope all your babies are treating you ladies well and it won't be long before they are making their way into the world.

thanks for all the good wishes - i was able to get on bnb from the hospital, but it was so awkward to post using the hospital system that I couldnt be arsed with updating more than one place! Sorry about that

Sooooo, the news from Urchin Towers:
Aoife Grace (you pronounce it Ee-fa) was born at 9:44 on 2nd Oct weighing 7lbs 4oz.
The c-section was fairly uneventful, apart from the anaesthatist having to do an awful lot of hoking around in my spine with his excessively long needles *shudder*

I was passed Aoife for skin to skin cuddles straight after she was born and all seemed ok, but she was very snuffly and after about half an hour they discovered she wasn't able to breath through her nose.
Pediatrics were called and they found that they couldn't pass a tube up her nose at all (and were worried that she might have a fused boney plate completely blocking her airways - I forget what they called it) So she was sent to intensive care and I went to recovery and then up to the ward .... where I waited for 7 hours

Mr Urch was able to go down to see her, but because I'd had a spinal block I couldn't get up off the bed. Normally they would have taken me, bed and all down to see her - but there was a 28 week preemie in the bay next to Aoife that they were operating on, so there was no room for me.

And ICU then just kept stalling, til in the end the midwife rang them up and said 'this mum hasn't seen her baby for 7 hours, I've booked a porter, she's on her way' Go midwifey!

So I finally got to see her about 5pm and she was in a heated cot all covered in wires and attached to monitors and things that go beep and bing and wahhhhh

She was down there until Thursday at about 4pm, when they moved her to just the normal special baby care ward. While she was there they'd managed to pass tubes up both nostrils, so ruled out bony obstructions and started her on decongestants to shift whatever was up there.

She was to stay in special care for another day, with me going down to feed her through the night - but they brought her up to me at 11.30 Thursday night on the ward
FINALLY I'd got my Aoife back.

So Friday I spent the day cuddling and feeding her and they decided we were ready to discharge in the afternoon (though the paperwork took til 7pm)

And I can't tell you how good it is to be home
The good thing about the ICU and SCBU is that partners can visit any time they like - so Mr Urch was able to be with us a lot more than he would be able to on the ward .... but what I hated with ICU was that Aoife felt like their patient, not my baby.
and it was so stressful there, with machines beeping and binging and wahhing - and it was hard not to sit and watch Aoife's monitor all the time.

SCBU was much better - we had a little corner and a screen, and a big comfy electric recliner chair ... and the objective was to get her feeding. So I just sat cuddling her and trying my best to get her to feed.

But it is all so much better now we are home - a proper little family unit. Mr Urch is absolutely smitten with her - he has turned into a big puddle of goo. I think it has blown him away just how much she has melted his heart

So here we are, all at home, Aoife 4 days old, our lives are upside down and we love it

And before I forget - here's some pictures
First one she is 1 day old on ICU
The other 3 she is 3 days old and back on the ward with her mummy

Attachments

• 299_4277775977074_816427056_n.jpg
    299_4277775977074_816427056_n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1020_4288099155147_1425357817_n.jpg
    1020_4288099155147_1425357817_n.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 73903_4288099235149_1971685072_n.jpg
    73903_4288099235149_1971685072_n.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 285621_4288099035144_661597213_n.jpg
    285621_4288099035144_661597213_n.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Huge Congrats Urchin. She is beautiful. I know you and dh are over the moon. Sorry you had some stressful moments there but glad she is doing well and that you are settled in at home. You are the first birth on this thread. Now we have to see who will be next. Please keep us updated on how you and that new little cutie of yours are doing. (when you get a chance, because I know you must have your hands full right now) Take care Urchin and again Congraulations!!!!!

Aw congratulations urchin she is gorgeous. That must have been a really hard few days for you but glad your back home and all is well. Xx take care and enjoy your new family member. Xx

Urchin your post bought tears to my eyes (good ones!) It sounds like it was pretty stressful there for a while but coped great and she is GORGEOUS!!!!!! So glad you and DH are at home as a lil family. Cant wait for more updates :hugs: :happydance:

Thanks folks - she is indeed absolutely blummin beautiful <3

Although those days in ICU were stressful, to be honest now we're home they are fading into the background; the important thing is that we are home with our gorgeous little girl and starting this new chapter as a wee family together.

I shall keep an eye on this thread though, and cheer you all on as you all become watermelons ... and coo over your baby pics when the time comes xxx

How's everyone doing? We should be seeing quite a bit of action soon!! Can't wait.

If I could I'd like to ask for some prayers from you all. You know what we've been through to get this baby even if you don't know specifics. Everything has been going practically perfect and I am so very thankful. We had a perinatology appnt on Monday and baby is looking great, measuring only 3 days behind. The u/s tech was very mean and did not want to give us a gender guess due to it being early (17w is super early?) and baby had ankles crossed. The tech's attitude about it was just not what a hormonal pregnant woman would want to hear after spending 3 hours to be told the appnt was unecessary and I have to come back.

Anyway, at 10w4d we were told it was a boy possibly. At 17w4d this mean u/s tech said if she "had" to take a guess she would say girl. I left the appnt crying hysterically mostly because of the experience at the office but me and DH seriously want a boy. There are many reasons but from day one I've felt this baby was a boy and I've had two dreams about boy babies. Most of my friends think I'm having a boy for one reason or another.

It may seem silly to some, I know gender disappointment isn't something that's talked about especially with people that went through IF. But if anyone could say a prayer that this is a boy in my belly I'd appreciate it. We go back in 2 weeks and should be able to confirm gender. We will not be having any more children so we've got one shot. Thanks ladies!!!!!

Sorry you has such a mean ultrasound tech. I do hope that you and dh get your wish for a boy. But if for some reason you don't understand that it's ok to feel some disappointment. It doesn't mean that you are going to love your child any less.

With having two babies I was hoping that at least one of them would be a girl especially since there are all boys on dh's side of the family. So when the u/s tech said that they were both boys a small part of me was disappointed and even for a few days after. I had always seen myself with a girl. But that feeling doesn't last long and I can't tell you how excited I am to meet my two boys and I can't wait to dress them all GQ like. LOL

Until your next u/s try and focus on the fact that your baby is healthy and take some of the stress off of yourself. Everything will be just fine. :flower:

Nosaint I hope you find out your having a boy in a couple of weeks, my friend went through gender disappointment and it lasted about a week but by the time he came she could not have loved him anymore. I agree with what buster said, its okay to be disappointed but you will feel so much love for this baby when its here it will seem silly that you were disappointed but I know its hard. Keep us posted. xxx

Well I had my 3d gender scan last week, was absolutely amazing, she was sucking her thumb and rubbing her face and we got some amazing photos and the sonographer confirmed 100% that its a girl.. My face was beaming I couldnt contain the smiles.... I really cant wait to meet her now. xx Hope everyone else is doing OK. xxx

Attachments

• BABY_8 [1024x768].jpg
    BABY_8 [1024x768].jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1
  • BABY_2 [1024x768].jpg
    BABY_2 [1024x768].jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
  • BABY_9 [1024x768].jpg
    BABY_9 [1024x768].jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online