New here - feeling confused

RandomGirl09

Reaction score
Hi to everyone.
I don't really know what to say, I just feel so confused and don't really know what to do.
I had a miscarriage in September. I'm 21 and it was my first pregnancy. I was supposed to be 9 weeks and I started bleeding and they sent me for a scan and it only shown a pregnancy of 5 weeks. That's when I found out I had PCOS but I didn't really know much about it. The hospital never gave me any information about it and just asked if I had regular periods (which I do, every 5 weeks) and said that's good and that was it. They just said I could try again.
I found out about a week ago that I was pregnant again. I would be 5 weeks now. I felt a lot of pregnancy symptoms this time which I thought was a good sign. I haven't been to the doctors yet.. I wanted to wait until Christmas was over.
3 days ago, I found a bit of blood on the tissue.. and that day, I had about 4 very painful cramps throughout the day. Since then, my symptoms have totally disappeared and I feel totally fine. :(
No more bleeding or cramping though yet.
It feels like the same thing is happening again and I just don't know what to think.
I'm planning on going to the doctors as soon as I can. Will they do blood tests and test to see if my hormones are doubling?
Will this happen again next time?
Is there anything I can take to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy next time?
I just have so many questions and I just feel so lost and confused right now.
Thanks for reading :(

The doctor will do a beta check. I think you should get in asap though because I heard with PCOS that your body sees the baby as something invading your body, therefore it tries to get rid of it. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but this is what I had read on another forum that I am on. *Hugs*

I am sorry about your MC hun, I don't have any advise other than to contact your Dr and ask questions.
Yes they will probably do bloods and then probably do another set of bloods in two days to check if they are doubling.
Cramps during pregnancy is very common especially early on or around when your period is due and since your cycle is every 5wks it may just be implantation spotting and some cramps as it is around the time your period is due.
Again try not to worry, you don't have heavy bleeding and your not in any pain. Just contact your Dr when you can.

hey hun, firstly sorry for your loss and secondly congrats on this pregnancy. Ive no experience about PCOS but cramping and spotting are both very normal, i had a few times when i spotted early on and it was put down to implantation, hence the cramps too. I know how hard it is to feel positive and not worry the second time round hun, i was on the phone to the early pregnancy unit nearly every day making sure all was ok. I agree with the girls, if your worried contact your gp hun, if not phone the early pregnancy unit at your local hospital and talk to one of the midwifes there, failing that i would try nhs 24...im sure all will be fine this time hun xx

i think you need to get some more info and support on pcos chick as you sound a bit in the dark. One in three women bleed in early pregnancy ,i did, and often its just one of those things. Is there a board on here for pcos? Might help. Get to the walk in clinic or docs today x

Thanks everybody for all your responses!
I couldn't get an early appointment with my GP but I've made one to see what they say but in the mean time, I've been resting as much as possible.
I've had cramping but no more bleeding.
My boobs are still not sore but I've been feeling very tired, weak & dizzy, needing the bathroom more and for the first time ever today, I experienced morning sickness. I'm just over 5 weeks now.
I'm hoping all this is a good sign! The thing is though, I'm experiencing lower back ache and I remember that from last time when I had a missed miscarriage. I don't know if the back ache is normal? It comes and goes. it's quite intense so I'm back to worrying again!
Thanks everyone :)

Are you in the UK? If you are, call NHS Direct and get a nurse to call you back. I say that only because once they have spoken to you you can phone the out of hours doc at your GP surgery and say that you have been assessed by a nurse and told to call them, might get you seen quicker?

I called them earlier and was told all was normal, but if anything changed to do as above, was quite reassuring to know that I could in theory 'bypass' a wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->