• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Here's some desert ideas for you hon:
https://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/custardspuddings/Custards_Mousses_Puddings.htm

Thanks Lullaby :flower:

Going to save that website. I ended up getting strawberries and some diary free icecream (which I then left in the car for 2 hours :blush: so I really hope it didn't melt and go funny). Everyone likes strawberries, right??

YAY for Friday :happydance: We are going to the Babyshow at Earls Court tomorrow to try and get a car seat and carrycot for our pram. What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Here's some desert ideas for you hon:
https://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/custardspuddings/Custards_Mousses_Puddings.htm

Thanks Lullaby :flower:

Going to save that website. I ended up getting strawberries and some diary free icecream (which I then left in the car for 2 hours :blush: so I really hope it didn't melt and go funny). Everyone likes strawberries, right??

YAY for Friday :happydance: We are going to the Babyshow at Earls Court tomorrow to try and get a car seat and carrycot for our pram. What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Wel i hope they do :D if not then there stuck with just :icecream: :haha: i didnt used to like strawberries used to think you couldnt eat the seed things on the outside :blush: :haha: but now im older i love them :)

Hope you have fun today i keep hearing about that babyshow thing but its not near me or anything so i cant go :( but id only go and spend all my money anyway teehee! im not doing anything this weekend again :( how boring was ment to be going my friends 18th but i have nothing to wear! and my money is late in the bank so iv been told between sat and mon it will go in :growlmad: grr! xx

hi guys, sorry ive not been in touch for a while, i've been very busy revising on top of decorating and housework, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

thanks for your responses on the breast feeding issue - to answer your question margie the reason i was thinking of bottle feeding is mainly due to my complete ignorance on the subject! i wrongly thought that breast feeders were in the minority (partly because the few mums i know in my area bottle feed) i thought that milk was milk whereever it came from! and that the main difference was the cost!! the more i read the more i realise that there is a LOT more to it and there are many benefits for the baby - so i think i will give breast feeding a go but keep an open mind if it doesnt work out for me then it wont worry me.

well im having a nice quiet evening revising and eating mini doughnuts!! bumps getting bigger and i like the fact that even strangers now notice - people are so nice to pregnant women!

the baby show sounds great, would love 2 go but sadly there is nothing like that in my area. i still havent got a cot or buggy but there's plenty of time yet. x

MmmMmm mini doughnuts sound yummy!! youve made me hungry now :haha:
Im the same about feeding wise sazzle .. i just thought from the start i was going to bottle feed never even thought about breast feeding but maybe because i heard too many stories about saggy boobies and all the bad stuff lol but iv been told thats not true anyway.. and im now going to try breast feeding but if it dont work like you said it wont worry me :) i dont think ill end up properley deciding till i try it and find out for my self x

exactly - you dont know until you try! but i read that breast feeding actually releases a 'love' chemical in the brain and helps with bonding between mum and baby, and that the milk contains many more vitamins, anitibodies etc.. than formula milk so ill defo give it a go.

sorry to hear you have had money and housing worries beccy, that must be stressful on top of expecting a baby, sorry i cant offer any advice but i have some friends who live in council houses ill ask them for some tips on getting to the front of the queue and let you know. the thought of moving house is a bit scary but dont worry - it will be fab having your own place whether it takes a few months or much longer - you and bubs will love it when you get there! x

The only thing people have told me about the housing forms is to lie on them.. by saying im homeless or going to be homeless but i cant say that really cause my dad would never kick me out specially pregnant but if i say that anyway and my dad writes a letter confirming it they could put me in a hostel :| .. and tbh i dont want to live on my own pregnant anything could happen to me or go wrong i was thinking if anything id get something when babys here cause thats the whole point cause theres not enough room where i live now. And aswell if i can get something then my OH will come over like everyday to make sure im ok and hell stop as much as hes aloud to, hed get rehoused with me but i think his family would like it or owt just cause hell be 17 when babys here so hes stil young if you get me..

I dont know everything seems to be getting worse at the minute i feel lowzy with it all my dad just seems to be getting worse with debt that my mum left him in and he cant pay for anything bills,morgage,food and now the washer has broke and he can afford a new one obviously so dont know what to even do i cant help him with anything cause any money i get has to be saved for bubs as in the essensial stuff and pay off pushchair. If i could i would go live with my mum but she lives in an appartment with my step dad and i have a room there but i can only stay 2 weeks as only 2 people can live there permently :wacko: its landlords rules or whatever. Feel so lost and down cause i cant help my dad and he tells me not to worry but im bound to arent i :cry:

Thanks sazzle sorry to blab on aswell
x

sorry to hear this mate, that sounds like a good plan waiting til the baby is born. i do really feel for you. try to keep positive and be strong for yourself and the baby, you will find a way to make it work, it might just take a bit of time but hang in there xxx

Yay :happydance:

remember to go on january garnets 3rd tri thread and say your colour bump hunny :)
xx

:D i pop on it every now and again and i was looking at who i talked to or see in threads alot who didnt have there colour up and i reconised yours and didnt have one :)
x

I have a housefull at the moment. DSD's cousins stayed for a sleepover so I've been up since 5am with 4 kids running amock lol Loving it though!! :)

Hey Everyone :wave:

Well we ordered our nursery furniture yesterday Eeeek. It wasn't the plan but we saw an offer we couldn't refuse at the babyshow and fell in love with a set. It's white! Always thought we would go for wood - but we both just fell in love and it was 'the one'. We were going to paint the walls white... do you think white walls and white furniture will be too sterile and cold? Was looking at Homebase today and there seems to be lots of different whites??? So I guess we could choose a warm one lol.

We were planning to clear out our spare room and put all OHs music equipment in storage - until we saw how much it costs!!! :dohh: Now we are thinking of just popping it in the loft (only it's not really our loft since the access is from the communal area and we aren't supposed to go up there - but I know our neighbour has a key and she has loads of stuff stored up there). Just can't really justify paying over £100 a month to store our stuff somewhere when there is space right above us for free!

Having our friends over on friday was great - we worked out it's been over 2 years since the last time we saw them! Everyone ate so much that we didn't even have pudding - so the whole stress over it was for nothing... might still try the icecream though :blush:

Margie- Glad you found your furniture! :D heehee and white is really nice im getting all white stuff but thats cause other stuff in house is creams and whites .. i love dark wood but it just would look silly in the room :( .. ill be onest it depends it might look too white but have you thought about stencils or patterns you could put on the wall? to make it look abit different then just white? just an idea or.. put some pictures up on the wall to make it look less plain white.

Glad the night went well :) i knew that would happen aswell everyone would eat lots of main course or something and not have space for pud! well you could still try it i guess cant let it go to waste :D! xx

Maybe you can start looking at a bit of colour now you have white furniture? i think white would be a lil too much to be honest!

i love dark wood too becy, though i think i'm going with the crowds and goin for the heksvik range in ikea, its just so nice and reasonably priced too!

:blush: thats funny cause me too.. lol its defo worth it in ikea iv just got to work out what i actually want now from there i know cot and changing table im lucky to already have a wardrobe and some draws that my sister gave me :D x

Sazzle - you are certainly one busy lady... what are you studying?

Becy - did you do your forms yet. I agree with you, I don't think that lying on them is a good idea. You might get yourself in a pickle and if they find out it could damage your credability.

How is everyone else doing?

I had a major nesting thing going on last night. Done my place from top to bottom and didn't go to bed till just after 7am lol Had 5 hrs sleep and got up and did some more!! Still up to my elbows in it now ha haha. Taking a break though then getting back to it. :p

:rofl: Lullaby - you sound like a woman possessed!

I discovered a new favourite thing on Friday... Window and Glass cleaner. I never knew you could use it on so many other things like tiles, taps etc. It's fab! And it was on special at the supermarket yesterday so I got another 2 bottles :happydance:

Sazzle - you are certainly one busy lady... what are you studying?

Becy - did you do your forms yet. I agree with you, I don't think that lying on them is a good idea. You might get yourself in a pickle and if they find out it could damage your credability.

How is everyone else doing?

Iv filled some of it in but now i dont know weather to put OH's name on 'who wants to be rehoused with you' cause tbh i dont know if he is going to want to or not :haha: .. i might just leave him off it but if i do that hell only be over all the time anyway.. but were not married,engaged or anything just boyfriend/girlfriend .. so i duno lool .. and no im not lieing on them might egt away with it but im not looking for trouble lool x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->