• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Hello all, Thank you Margie for updating everyone for me, and thank you ladies for your well wishes. Unfortunately several hours at St John's later and it's been a false alarm. Have got an infection (waiting on results to find out if urine or kidney infection, find out thursday) which showed up due to blood in my urine and Ruby has changed from breech to transverse and is laying against a nerve which is causing all the pain. I was also having intermittent contractions on top of this but they stopped after 3hrs. I've been sent home (just got in) with antibiotics and really strong painkillers that are taking the edge off of the pain, although not actually getting rid of it. I can barely walk even a few steps and feel wrecked with pain, but trying to keep positive. She is still thriving in there, so although my body feels like it's falling apart, it is still doing it's job and keeping Ruby safe and well. Here's hoping next time it's the real thing!! xx

sorry to hear that you are suffering, i hope it all gets better for you. you are right at least ruby is fit and well just a shame that you are in so much pain, but it will all be worth it in the end xx

Hey Lullaby - glad you are both okay! Hope Ruby decides to shift soon to give you some relief - sounds like she is having a great time in there. Take it easy xm

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain and have got a nasty infection. so glad Ruby is ok. make sure you rest up and i'm sure it won't be much longer for you now xx

Had mild contractions from 04.18am this morning every 7ish mins up until 07.48am and then they stopped again....

Also got call a few mins ago from labour ward, it's a urine infection after all rather than kidney infection (thank goodness) however, I have now developed pre-eclampsia after being on the fence with it for all these weeks!

Will keep you all updated xx

How is everyone?? xx

Awww lullaby :hugs: sending lots of hugs your way hun

Went morrisons today and iv never been asked when im due before by anyone at checkout but i dont usually go morrisons lol but she was asking me loads stuff :haha: made me happy that she actually noticed i waas :lol: bet other people just think im fat or something :growlmad: lol he seems to be lying on my left side alot last few weeks and i keep thinking my waters are going to go stupid i know but its when he presses his head down down below alot! i think im going to start taking my notes with me everywhere if i go out just incase anything does happen .. spesh now they say im due 15th not 22nd but i dont see point changing my ticker or anything :shrug:
xx

Hey Everyone,

Not much to report from my end - been super busy at work but it's quite nice because time is flying by and I am stacking up loads of overtime which will be very welcome in January. Next Friday can't arrive soon enough!

Had my 36 week midwife app yesterday and everything seems okay... head is down but not engaged yet. Still don't think I've had any Braxton Hicks??? :shrug: Also found out that the midwife I've been seeing is the same one that will do the home visits, which I'm really happy about because she is lovely.

Anyways - hope you're all well.

hiya all, glad you are all doing ok, beci i know hat you mean, i love it when people notice that im pregnant when im out and about. i had a midwife check on wednesday, the baby is very well, she felt its hand!! it is still back to back unfortunately in the LOP position, which explains why im getting (excuse the expression) girdle pain in the top left and shooting spasms down my inner thigh, I also have a very swollen and numb left foot! But its nothing to worry about, just the way the baby is lying - im going to do the 'bear walk' to try and move the baby into a better position! The head is almost fully engaged but not quite xx

oo and last day at work 2day !!! hooray ! x

Ooooh lucky you! :happydance: I hope everyone is making a big fuss of you!!!

I finish next Friday :D But have a weird sense of calm today... I think I'm just realising that if I don't finish everything before I leave - it will be okay! Life will go and and people will cope lol. Have made myself so stressed this week - but it's all starting to fade away :shrug:

I saw the obstetrician today.... she took one look at the state of me and said - "I think we'd better book an induction!"

I've been booked in for Monday January 4th!!! It's only 24 days away!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! :D

Also if Ruby is still laying transverse or gone back to breech then I will have c-section that day instead.

I feel soooooo much better having something more definite I can count down to!!

In the meantime, I could still go into labour early as still getting contractions that come and go xx

thats great news lullaby, my due date is the 2nd jan so we could be very close! the bear walk is something my sister told me they recommend to help move a baby out of back to back into a better position - you walk along the floor on all fours like a bear!! i will try anything as i hear back to back births are normally very long and painful! xx

That's great news Lullaby! That's the day before I'm due - although I've got a feeling I'm gonna go past that.

Happy bear walking Sazzle :thumbup:

Ooh, ouchies, I think I'll leave the bear walk to you Sazzle, I can barely crawl onto my step-daughter's bed to go to sleep yet alone crawl along the floor! (Can't get on my bed at all now cos it's higher up and too painful). Good luck though hon, hope it works for you!!

Margie, wouldn't it be great if we ALL had our lil beauties at the same time??? Or within a few days??? I hope you don't go too far overdue hon.

It's getting to be quite an exciting time!!

I forgot to mention that due to the mobility probs from the dsp I now have to have a daily injection of Clexane to prevent blood clots. Especially as now my whole legs keep swelling right up to the point where you can no longer tell I even have knees and ankles. I have to go back in tomorrow afternoon so they can show me how to do it. It's one I have to do in my stomach! Not looking forward to this.... but at least now I can keep myself going by counting down the days!! lol

hi girls.

i think my LO has turned breech. i've always felt hickups at the bottom of my bump and now they are at the top. his movements seem different too. if he has turned do you think there is still a chance he will change back? think i will have to try that bear walk!

don't know for sure so will find out when i go to the midwife next friday for my 36 week check.

hope you are all having a nice weekend anyway.

I think if he is actually breech hes still got time to move again.. if he isnt already engaged but i know they say LO can become unengaged at any time but :shrug: i always think LO isnt head down but my midwife and scans say he defo is and hes comfy :haha: but just check with your midwife when you next see her :) xx

Have you got a doppler? You can tell if breech or not by where the strongest heartbeat is picked up. If above the bellybutton then they're breech if below then they're not. Good luck xx

I will try this lol but my doppler doesnt tell you what the heartrate is if that makes sense like that midwifes does.. iv just got a angelsound one.. when you listen :shrug: but ill see if ones stronger louder etc xx

hi guys, my midwife thought my baby was breech, she sent me for a scan, i was sure she was right but to everyones surprise it turned out it was head down - but back to back, which prob explains why the midwife couldnt feel it very well. I havent done the bear walk yet, but im off on my baby jollies as of 2day so surely will have time to do some later! Think I felt the bum round the front last night tho so im hoping its on the move.

i love your photo becy - very arty in that pose with the crimbo tree in the background. keep thinking that i must take another one before the baby is born. it will be a nice memento.

lullaby ive been getting swollen legs too , or 'cankles' as my husband calls them!!! poor you having to have injections, but worth it if its calms the swelling down. mine is not that bad just looks bloody awful and is very uncomfortable too.

my mums coming round today to help me finish the nursery its lookin good.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->