• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Congratulations Lullaby and family!!!
Looking forward to the pics of Ruby - hope you are all well
:hugs:

WOW! Congratulations Lullaby. hope you and baby Ruby are doing well. XXXX

Hi Margie, I was like that last week at work, it was hectic, I just wanted to make sure I left everything in a good state and that my maternity cover new what he was doing.. this week has been heaven, lying in bed til 9am, lunch out with the girls, crimbo shopping, baby shopping... i could get used to this! :) x

Well I have been nesting up a storm! We are now cleaned, organised and festive! :happydance: Then today I was possessed by some sort of cleaning demon - I cleaned the washing machine, ironed my pyjamas and washed the bathroom walls (with little naps in between) :rofl: And I loved it! Best thing of all is that I feel like I really deserve the cuppa tea and choc biscuits I'm about to tuck into :blush:

Thought I was going to be worrying about work when i left... but tbh it hasn't really crossed my mind :D

hi margie, work has hardly crossed my mind either - except the odd moment where I laugh to myself wickedly when i think of them all running around like headless chickens without me there to do all the work for them! ha ha ha!!!

wish i could say the same about the cleaning, ive been doing a bit but my hearts not in it, i just want to shop and relax, then more shopping and more relaxing!

i had the midwife 2day, she said that bubs is fully engaged and she said she thinks its facing the right way round now, so here's hoping, figers crossed it will all be straighforward.

i love your avatar picture, that reminds me i must get my husband to take one more of me b4 the birth, it will make a nice momento.

i cant believe lullaby has had her little one, anyone know the weight yet?

x

hi margie, work has hardly crossed my mind either - except the odd moment where I laugh to myself wickedly when i think of them all running around like headless chickens without me there to do all the work for them! ha ha ha!!!

wish i could say the same about the cleaning, ive been doing a bit but my hearts not in it, i just want to shop and relax, then more shopping and more relaxing!

i had the midwife 2day, she said that bubs is fully engaged and she said she thinks its facing the right way round now, so here's hoping, figers crossed it will all be straighforward.

i love your avatar picture, that reminds me i must get my husband to take one more of me b4 the birth, it will make a nice momento.

i cant believe lullaby has had her little one, anyone know the weight yet?

x

Lullaby gave birth to Ruby Anne Ward
8lbs 3oz
Born Monday at 9.59pm​

Sazzle, you are very brave shopping! I went to Sainsburys yesterday and it scarred the life out of me! Got a few bits left to do, so might go really early tomorrow. I was feeling really unfestive - but am making up for it now... might even bake some biscuits tomorrow lol.

i've just done all my christmas shopping in one go today and wrapped all the presents. just about to eat dinner, oops! oh well at least its all done now.

i can't believe Lullaby has had Ruby either. we shared the same due date. at my 36 week appointment i was told that the head is fixed at brim but not engaged yet. apparently with your 2nd the baby might not engage until labour.

nesting is always a good sign Margie!

Not long for you two now.....

Wow Flowertot - you must have had a very busy day. I have one or two bits left to get and might be braving the shops today... but also need to wait for a delivery, so I hope that comes soon.

I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow :happydance:

My LO is head down but also not engaged yet - I'm not sorry though, being engaged doesn't sound very comfortable!

happy xmas eve everyone :) have you got much snow? we have a few inches its lovely, wish my stepson was here to build snowmen with! he will be coming round later but it will prob be dark by then. well i had a bit of a stressful night! husband finished work yesterday and went out for drinks after work, i was ready for bed when he rang at half ten asking for a lift home, so i got dressed and went out in the snow to get him, he was absolutely plastered, couldn't walk straight then he was sick and passed out on the sofa! then he came to bed at about half one, snoring and stinking of beer, so i had to sleep in the next room. it stressed me out because all i could think was, what if i go into labour?! and bubs was wriggling like a good un. what a plonker. never mind, i cant stay cross with him because its XMAS! :) :) hopefully he will have got it out of his system and will be a bit more careful how much he drinks next time. he's still in bed now, i wanted him to come shopping with me to get last bits and pieces for stepson, but i might be better off leaving him to recover! have a great day guys, catch up with you later x

HAPPY XMAS EVE TO YOU TOO!!!

That was very naughty of your hubby sazzle! Oh well, I'm guessing that will be his last big bender of the season as he will need to be on standby from now on, just in case. Sorry you had a stressed night :hugs:. Anyway - at least he has it out his system & I bet he is feeling very sorry for himself today! Have fun tonight :happydance:

We still have a bit of snow on the ground but I think it is going to rain and melt it all :cry:

yes he had a very sore head 2day, wasnt nearly as apologetic as he should have been tho. time 2 cosy up and watch xmas telly. have a lovely xmas eve all of you. x

hi ladies.

we've had a little bit of snow. its mainly just ice now and its very slippy. dh has to walk me out to the car.

don't think i will get on here tomorrow so want to wish us all a very happy christmas XXX

Happy Christmas Everyone! Hope you've had a brilliant day full of festive treats :D

Hi all, sorry for the delay in getting here, I've been so tired and still getting some pain, but all is well xx

Thank you Margie for updating everyone for me.

I've written up my birth story and posted pics here https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-a...-ruby-anne-ward-born-36w-2ds.html#post3912246

Hope you have all had a great Christmas!!

I LOVE BEING A MUM!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

once again massive congratulations to you and your family Lullaby. she's gorgeous xx

Congrats again Lullaby - Ruby is beautiful and I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better :hugs:

Thanks ladies, I can't wait for you all to have your little ones too!! xxxxx

Hey Everyone,

I can't believe Christmas is all over already - it's been a bit of a whirlwind really. We still have a fridge full of food :sick: but I'm craving really bland stuff like bread and butter now and don't think I can face any more meat.

Had GP appointment this morning and all seems fine... still no twinges or BH and LOs head not engaged so have a feeling nothing is going to happen this week :shrug: Still, hoping to get the last few bits on my list done just in case...

I've become addicted to a really cheesy american show on telly called 'bringing home baby' :rofl: I have loads of them recorded :blush:

Anyway - hope you are all keeping warm and well
xm

:haha: I used to watch that all the time!! :D i loved looking at the names of the babys aswell cause they were all different and not really common wanted some ideas off it but its an alright programme :D .. i cant watch any of them programmes now about birth and babys cause my dads cutt loads of the packages off sky :cry: so im stuck with hardly any channels for now! :( .. Oooh im jealious you only have a week left! iv got like 2 or 3 on friday! feel its going slow i thought christmas would just come and go :haha: iv just got another midwife appointment 5th january to check everythings okay and apparently having my antenatal things then :wacko: bit late but shes coming to mine to do them ..all i know is LO is head down and engaged 3/5th so stil mostly above the brim as it says on the pages of my notes.. hope hes more engaged now though cause that was at nearly 35 weeks ..

Only thing iv feelt is i just feel different dont know how to say it really lol but i dont feel how i have through my pregnancy seems to have changed lately and iv started to get really bad stomach pains not BH's as such just my stomach really hurts spose like period pains :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->